Does Teralyst always drop an arcane?

NukesSR

Yo, first time doing a Teralyst today, went solo a couple of times just to see what it was all about until I got the hang of it. I'm not too sure how the killing/capture thing works. When I dropped his HP to 0 which took like 2 centuries mind you, he just went into the ground, dropped an intact sentient core iirc and that's it. No arcanes.

Does it ALWAYS drop an arcane or what the #*!% just happened? I'm pretty pissed, that S#&$ took some MAJOR effort. 

Edited by NukesSR

Alright so I guess I killed it. Not captured it. Got it. According to the wiki it still drops arcanes if you kill it (and a mod). I didn't get ANYTHING other than an Intact Sentient Core. 

?

EDIT: Hold up, does he only explode if he's captured? Because he definitely exploded all over my face (if you know what I mean). Once again, no drops at all other than that ISCore. 

Edited by NukesSR

hace 3 minutos, Darkuhn dijo:

have you picked up all the floating stuff?

There was no floating stuff. He blew me the #*!% away with his explotion and when I came back all there was to pick up was an Intact Sentient Core. Nothing else.

Edited by NukesSR

there is a wave like thing when you destroy a limb, that is not what you mean when you say it exploded? If you have no lures with you the Teralyst sinks into the Ground after you destroy a limb and spawns elsewhere on the map... Could this happened to you?

Edited by Darkuhn

hace 3 minutos, Darkuhn dijo:

there is a wave like thing when you destroy a limb, that is not what you mean when you say it exploded? If you have no lures with you the Teralyst sinks into the Ground after you destroy a limb and spawns elsewhere on the map... Could this happened to you?

Does he drop an SC when you kill a Synovia? If he does, I think I just got jebaited super hard.

Edited by NukesSR

12 minutes ago, Dark_Chroma_Prime said:

To drop arcanes you have to capture it. Better read throuth the wiki article:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eidolon_Teralyst

Uh, no it's not. Some Arcanes are only available when the Teralyst is captured, yes, but some are available even when it is just a kill.

7 minutes ago, NukesSR said:

There was no floating stuff. He blew me the #*!% away with his explotion and when I came back all there was to pick up was an Intact Sentient Core. Nothing else.

Sounds like the fight was not finished yet. Did you already break all four joints then actually shooting him?

29 minutes ago, NukesSR said:

I'm not too sure how the killing/capture thing works.

You can check out my guide if you want to:
http://gnarlsdarkley.forumprofi.de/earth-cetus-plains-of-eidolon-f85/-tridolon-hunting--t62.html

read your post following mine and you want to dive into the game yourself

6 minutes ago, NukesSR said:

Does he drop an ISC when you kill a Synovia?

No, it drops an exceptional Core after you break a Synovia

29 minutes ago, NukesSR said:

he just went into the ground, 

Like already said above: If it sinks into the ground it's either captured or got stuck in the Environment and teleported

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

hace 4 minutos, Gamma745 dijo:

Sounds like the fight was not finished yet. Did you already break all four joints then actually shooting him?

I did not. I kinda just like to dive in and figure out things on my own so I just assumed when he exploded he was dead haha.

Oh well. Thanks for the replies. Guess I should've read the wiki before going in! I'll go for it again tonight for revenge. Woopsies

Does it get easier when you get a better amp? I like challenging the game solo but the health pool on that thing is massive (at least if feels that way with my S#&$ty whatever starter amp you get with that quest).

Edited by NukesSR

1 minute ago, NukesSR said:

I did not. I kinda just like to dive in and figure out things on my own so I just assumed when he exploded he was dead haha.

Oh well. Thanks for the replies. Guess I should've read the wiki before going in! I'll go for it again tonight for revenge. Woopsies

Well, at least you learn something. You'll get there eventually.

1. Get 2 lures,

2. Each lure drain 3 vom (you can do it when battling eidolon)

3. After2., lures become blue mark, then its capable to capture Teralyst.

4. Follow SOP and get your Arcane Warmth!

If it is ok to capure, you will hear

"Sentient energy contained. You are closing on victory. Act now!"

otherwise you hear 

"That device is insufficient. You are directed to secure and employ additional Eidolon lures."

Maybe you already figured it out, but it sounds like the Teralyst just teleported away (if you shot a synovia without having a "blue" lure attached to the Teralyst). It then teleported in somewhere else on the map...

Hunting Eidolons is a bit complicated (and it should be, in order to promote teamplay), the only way to get the hang of it is just "doing it". After reading the wiki (multiple times 😉)...

There is a lot of extra information available, especially on doing a "tridolon" (all three eidolons in one hunt). However, there is a lot of personal flavor, the main thing is the teamplay (which not only has to do with who plays what role, but also which warframes, weapons and focus to bring). A well-trained, well-equipped and well-communicated team can (with a little bit of luck) do 5 tridolon hunts in one night (that is 15 eidolons in 50 minutes, including extracting/starting in between), more normally max 4,or more relaxed 3 (or very relaxed 2 🙂). A good pickup group can do 2 tridolon hunts (easily). You can also solo a tridolon hunt if you know what do to and have the necessary prerequisites (equipment & focus).

Starting by capping the Teralyst quickly and effectively (and solo) is a good way to get into this. You really do not need meta-class stuff to hunt eidolons, but joining a tridolon hunt with substandard equipment (amp, focus, gun, frame) is frowned upon, since you easily end up not really contributing or even being a drag (= playing in "headless chicken"-mode and mostly dying, which will hinder the experienced players from doing a double/triple during the current 50-minute night). 

Edited by Graavarg

You didn't kill it, you just took out one limb and then he teleported away because you didn't have any charged lures attached to him to keep him from doing that. When he teleports you have to find him again.

And yes it gets a lot easier with better amps, and a proper weapon with high radiation damage for the limbs.

Edited by TheRealShade

Echoing what others have said, here. 

Gnarls actually posted a link to a good guide, and there are lots of others. If you are new to the hunt, then there'll be lots of tips that will help, and are tough to figure out on your own. 

As you get through the door, try to find and mark Terry. Easiest way I know is usually to scan for the glow, and then hop in an archwing to get to the general area. Then zip around like a moth, and head over to the places with a lot of light and kill then hack a lure. You want 2 of them, if you are in a team and see that someone already got these, more is not usually better. (Exception is when they are a million miles away and uncharged then if you are able to get one and charge it rapidly, go ahead, because it's often better than wasting time having to hunt him down. 

I see you asked about the amps getting better, and the answer is a resounding yes. Some combinations are great for the hunt. But the other factor that will make a difference is how you place those shots. You'll see what I mean as you advance to the point that you can start looking at the numbers for the damage you are doing. I don't know how to describe it other than "raking shots" especially if you can shoot from below him up through the body (but that's a good place to be for him to kill you), or across his torso shoulder to shoulder (again a great place for him to kill you). 

Once his shields go down (you should see him flash red), it's time to pop one of the four "joints" on the limbs. There are preferred weapons for this. I think that the Lanka and Rubico seem most popular. But you'll probably want to get a good multiple forma build, so that you aren't there shooting at a single one all night long. Later on, if you think that you want a riven to help kick it up even more, you can check those out too. But they aren't needed for the job. 

If you have the lures and they're set to follow, DON'T run away from him when the joint pops. Just hop into void mode and you can safely ignore almost anything he does. 

When all four joints pop, he lies down for a rest and all the little vomvalysts start rushing to him. Try to kill as many as you can, but as soon as he stands up, start blasting him with your rifle, if you are lucky he'll go down finally and leave a bunch of loot wherever the lures were. If you take too long, the vomvalysts link to him like shield ospreys making him untouchable. Kill all the linked ones, then use your amps to take down the shields, and start blasting him with the rifle again. Once he's dead, run around like a headless chicken picking up everything you can, so you can trade it in for a better amp. 

There are lots of audible clues during the hunt, try to pay attention to them. You will also learn more from paying attention in public runs than solo, because you can observe people who have a bit of experience doing the runs. 

You're welcome. It generally does a good job of explaining why you do what you do, instead of just saying "do this". 

The only thing I think would make it significantly better is audio/video clips to show people what the sound cue for his attack is so they can figure out how you time things. 

Apart from that, the only other thing is that it's geared towards people who have already unlocked everything. Nothing is wrong with that but I may not have some of the options available to me yet. I can work around that, because of the explanations, and making my own informed choices. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The only thing I think would make it significantly better is audio/video clips to show people what the sound cue for his attack is so they can figure out how you time things. 

Apart from that, the only other thing is that it's geared towards people who have already unlocked everything. Nothing is wrong with that but I may not have some of the options available to me yet. I can work around that, because of the explanations, and making my own informed choices. 

Thanks. Good Feedback, will add these two points for sure.