Suggestion: Lore entries for the Codex.

Loza03

Lore, a lot of people love it, but a lot of people think we don't get enough of it. I'm inclined to agree. So, my suggestion is an expansion to the Codex that adds text-based lore entries when you acquire certain items, specifically upgraded weapons and some special regular items too, accessible from the codex entry for that item once you own that item.

Different types of item could talk about different things, to help explore the breadth of the world, perhaps with different writing styles.

Wraith weapons would be bits of Grineer propaganda, stories of their 'noble victories'. Events like the conquest of Saturn or a speech from Vey Hek about the oncoming Fomorian attack in eyes of blight and so forth.

Vandals could be simple, industrial records of financial or technological events. Reports on successful trade deals leading to major events (like an investor for Alad's Zanuka Project) or the invention of Nullifier technology.

Prisma weapons, although not usually focused on Tenno weapons, could talk about the daily life of Tenno, possibly through NPC eyes. Such as, for example, how people in-universe rationalise events ranging from fairly normal fashion shows to red-text gatherings.

Primes of course would be juicy tidbits from the Orokin empire, with Prime Warframes having much longer stories - with existing codex Entries like Mag Prime's or Excalibur Prime's being reworked for that (Perhaps letting Excalibur Prime's be visible to all, given that we can't get it). Weapons could be events those weapons were involved in, Warframe's could be from all over as they are now.

Lastly, for Regular items, only weapons with existing 'mythos' behind them should get any kind of lore tab. Things like Skiajati or War. Regular Warframes might also warrant this treatment, but if so, much shorter than their regular counterpart, or less revealing. Things like quest recaps or small quotes. For example, giving regular Chroma the "Hushed and empty is the Womb of the Sky" quote, compared to Chroma Prime which would probably be more like a brief account of his battle to acquire his pelt.

I'd like something like this since Warframe's lore is a big part of it, and having more sources that can be more easily implemented could help make the story and world richer, rather than having to wait on quest and tileset releases for tidbits like these.

Yeah, I'd love to see something like that as well. Ayatan sculptures and stars would probably be the most lore-heavy, if we're gonna go by the Suda comic which establishes them as archives for living memory. (Too bad Anasas don't have an entry themselves.)

I love this idea!
I love it, I love it, I love it!!!
In fact, I love it so much you get a little tree! 🌳

Even let the future story quests reveal new paragraphs in old entries! The more we do, the more we know - and perhaps, those notes from the past receive clarity.
What we once saw as an irrational notion, needless action or simply put, a box full of blank puzzle pieces, could, through missions and quests, receive colours, shapes and meaning, eventually allowing us to put them together and receive a full, clear picture that will not only remind Ordis of the Old war but fully wake the Operator up, not just to what once was but about the inner workings, the politics and the ideas of the past which lead to it.
But on a minor scale, just having a tab about every aspect of the game, from what Ducats are to stories of terraforming Venus into ice-cold biomes would fill so many gaps people have not even known they've wondered of.
@Loza03 has given such wonderful suggestions that I can already completely stand by as acceptable facts rather than speculation. Amplify from weapons to other items branded with these prefixes - perhaps there's a whole competitive industrial tree out there? Numerous ideas for story expansion!

At the very least i'd like Ordis to change the way he acts based on the amount of fragments we have collected.

Now that I've written that it doesn't sound very "at least"-like, but whatever.

2 hours ago, cxll said:

I love this idea!
I love it, I love it, I love it!!!
In fact, I love it so much you get a little tree! 🌳

I'd second that, but I have no trees. You can have this gem I found instead. 💎

Edited by HugintheCrow