Jump to content

Make Paracesis great!!! Suggestion


HUNDarkTemplar
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys!

So this is my recommendation. The paracesis isn't a bad weapon and does have some bonuses againts sentients and we will probably have more sentient enemies later, but
IMO, paracesis does deserve to be better and actually more "detailed". I think the level 40 mechanic's potential was just thrown away. The weapon is the only one that can reach level 40 so far and
this level 40 mechanic is almost useless. When you forma, you actually make sure that the weapon can be modded with less capacity and no melee needs 5 formas. Paracesis needs 5 forma for those levels, but also has more mod capacity because of these levels. Its overkill right now and the levels in warframe dont scale stats ( expect warframes and such ), levels are for mastery rank and mod capacity. What the paracesis doesnt need? Mod capacity. You can have easly up to 30+ unused mod capacity. Being level 40 could be rly unique, but it rly is just a number, only thing that you actually get from the formaing are the sentient bonuses, which may become better later in the game, but imo, paracesis is a wasted potentional. It could be more unique being the only level 40 weapon and having more mod slots.

Soo, IMO It should have 10 mod capacity, like the pets, you could go full damage or utility anything, but whats important is that many times people need to sacrifice some mods they like, because they need to choose what they want to have. Paracesis could be the weapon where you would have more choices and so even more freedom then what we have now with other weapons. It sounds OP, but there are many op things in warframe and this weapon is able to reach level 40, but mostly without benefit and reason, so I think its wasted potentional. The base stats are not so bad, but its not the best either, gram prime outclasses it ( ok it outclasses anything ), but as time goes power creep will continute and even more and more stronger weapons will arrive and paracesis will be just a niche level 40 weapon, which is important in the story and can reach level 40, but actually unused as S#&$ and not that unique at all. 

My suggestion is that, nerf the stats a little bit ( even though its already not the best, but its not mr fodder, so a little nerf to balance 10 mods could be used ) and give it 10 mod slots. It has so much mod capacity, It can reach level 40, but you cant do anything with these facts. You even put 5 forma and the formas make sure that you wont need the extra mod capacity, Its just plain stupid. Make paracesis be the first ( and maybe the last ) 10 mod weapon, It will be unique, It will be used even later in the game and not just against sentients and It will be a story weapon ( that deserves to be op ), which will last and will really be unique.

TL;DR: IMO, Paracesis is a wasted potentional, It should have 10 mod slots, maybe little bit nerfed, but give the level 40 a real meaning, because right now, Its just a 4 instead of a 3 before the 0.

Thanks for reading,
A long time player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Yeah, no, this insane Mod capacity will be probably balanced with incoming Sentient mods costing 18+ (they'll probably even require you to re-forma the weapon, haha).

I dont believe that will happen, They wont oversaturate the game with mods that can mostly be used with paracesist. We already have some sacrifical mods and they will probably add some mods with the sentients, but it wont be anything rly crazy. They cant just give more mods that you cant forma or cost too much. We are okay with the umbral/sacrifical mods, but thats, because theres not to many, we still have the freedom and they can be worth the +grind or sacrificing some mods. If they give good mods, that will be wanted, but will be very expensive, builds will lose freedom, the weapons will become 8 forma grindfests or you will need to drop mods or nobody will use the new mods. Also, if you 5 forma paracesis then you need to reforma, then all those extra mod capacity is still wasted, you will probably fit melee weapons with the new mods with 5 forma. All in all, you sacrifice 5 forma for the paracesis, It has a really nice level 40 number, but doesnt matter at all. The sentient bonus is nice, but It just makes sure some ppl will use It later in the game against sentients, the weapon will be killed by power creep and the level 40 is just a number without meaning. Oh so cool your weapon has level 40, what does It do? Well... nothing, more mastery points I guess. Also I can beat 1 faction of mobs with It, well I will be able, when they come to the game 2 years from now. 
 

There were and are so many op stuff in warframe. This would still be less efficient then some meming strike atterax and Its a PvE game.
2 mod slots rly sound op, but most important mods are in the first 8 mods and this would just give the weapon more freedom and means to use the mod capacity that we have for nothing and It would make the weapon really unique. This weapon deserves to be top tier and It wont be for long in its current state.

Edited by HUNDarkTemplar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Yeah, no, this insane Mod capacity will be probably balanced with incoming Sentient mods costing 18+ (they'll probably even require you to re-forma the weapon, haha).

That if that the case opens up a pandoras mod because people will be goddamm angry if they cant use new mods because they take too much points.

16 point mods are already hard to fit in some cases, dont make it worse by introducing bs capacity mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only bad thing about the Paracesis is that it shares the same unique perk with Gram Prime in that it has increased slam radius and boosted ragdoll lift on enemies affected by the slam. That already devalues the unique quality that the Grame Prime has. If anything, along with the 5 forma level 40 quality the Paracesis has it should have its own unique passive. 

It just feels like a copy pasta to the Gram Prime but with slightly inferior base stats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

That if that the case opens up a pandoras mod because people will be goddamm angry if they cant use new mods because they take too much points.

16 point mods are already hard to fit in some cases, dont make it worse by introducing bs capacity mods.

8xForma'd weapons can fit 7 mods with a 18-point cost and 1 with a 14-point cost. We have a huge margin before being blocked.

Anyway who cares, they have solutions. But if the new mods are Sentients-oriented, it wouldn't make sense to put them on anything else than Paracesis anyway.

Edited by Chewarette
Link to comment
Share on other sites

...Isn't it already great as is?

I mean, on my perspective, I've got a build that is solely on crits

DVc40F7.jpg

The fact that I can fit sacrificial mods on this thing really makes this weapon even more of a beast considering I already get red crits around the 2x combo multiplier (Until melee 3.0 arrives)

I don't see how exactly you'd be able to suggest improvements on it besides adjusting the ragdoll flinging to manual knockdown, that'd only be my personal gripe with this thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TylerFreeman said:

...Isn't it already great as is?

I mean, on my perspective, I've got a build that is solely on crits

DVc40F7.jpg

The fact that I can fit sacrificial mods on this thing really makes this weapon even more of a beast considering I already get red crits around the 2x combo multiplier (Until melee 3.0 arrives)

I don't see how exactly you'd be able to suggest improvements on it besides adjusting the ragdoll flinging to manual knockdown, that'd only be my personal gripe with this thing.

I guess you're using Naramon? Since I don't see Body count or Drifting contact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

I guess you're using Naramon? Since I don't see Body count or Drifting contact.

He doesn't need to use either of those or the naramon gimmic, it takes about 10 ish hits to get to 2x and that's all you need for red crits. Combo mods are a waste of a mod slot unless you have a riven that has a combo increase as a side bonus. I don't use combo mods on any of my meles and I can red crit all over the place without them just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-10-29 at 4:52 PM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

The only bad thing about the Paracesis is that it shares the same unique perk with Gram Prime in that it has increased slam radius and boosted ragdoll lift on enemies affected by the slam. That already devalues the unique quality that the Grame Prime has. If anything, along with the 5 forma level 40 quality the Paracesis has it should have its own unique passive.

It does, it's just that Sentients aren't a big part of the game, yet (and given how long Fortuna took to develop...yeah, might be a while yet). It's the same issue Umbra had, he was clearly designed around fighting Sentients, but people didn't have the patience to wait for that to happen and wanted their toys *now* (given how long it would've taken I'm not entirely sure I can blame them though).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-10-30 at 8:22 AM, EDM774 said:

He doesn't need to use either of those or the naramon gimmic, it takes about 10 ish hits to get to 2x and that's all you need for red crits. Combo mods are a waste of a mod slot unless you have a riven that has a combo increase as a side bonus. I don't use combo mods on any of my meles and I can red crit all over the place without them just fine.

Red crits and double red crits are not the same thing though.

Just getting to 2x multiplier doesn't mean that you've really hit high damage potential. If you're running short missions then sure I feel you, but in endurance runs it is very important to have that long-game scaling option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

in endurance runs it is very important to have that long-game scaling option.

I'm aware of that but let's face it there is no incentive for long endurance runs anymore. No scailing rewards or no multiple prime parts from 1 relic the longer you stay in a survival or defence (RIP Void keys)

Edited by EDM774
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EDM774 said:

I'm aware of that but let's face it there is no incentive for long endurance runs anymore. No scailing rewards or no multiple prime parts from 1 relic the longer you stay in a survival or defence (RIP Void keys)

Arbitrations are specifically designed to appeal to endurance fans. They take awhile to get up to C rotation and pay out really well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-01 at 3:18 PM, Leqesai said:

Arbitrations are specifically designed to appeal to endurance fans. They take awhile to get up to C rotation and pay out really well. 

30 minutes for survival, 30 defense waves, 6 interception rounds, 6 excavators, and most players bail after that, because the increasing difficulty past that point isn't worth the reward.

I miss void keys.

Back to the OP: I think the lesser stats on it do enough to compensate for the fact it can reach level 40. At max level with sacrifice mods installed, it can do about 140% increased damage against Sentients, and the Chimera prologue was made to prepare you for The New War, which is most likely to going to be all about them and little else.

Edited by Pizzarugi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-01 at 11:18 PM, Leqesai said:

Arbitrations are specifically designed to appeal to endurance fans. They take awhile to get up to C rotation and pay out really well. 

If by any chance you don't have a stockpile of literally tons of endo sure, but once you get the 4+2 gimmick mods and the 4 items from that NPC all the incentive to do those "elite" alerts vanishes just like that.

 I want my void keys back dammit! Q_Q

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-10-29 at 11:56 PM, TylerFreeman said:

...Isn't it already great as is?

I mean, on my perspective, I've got a build that is solely on crits

DVc40F7.jpg

The fact that I can fit sacrificial mods on this thing really makes this weapon even more of a beast considering I already get red crits around the 2x combo multiplier (Until melee 3.0 arrives)

I don't see how exactly you'd be able to suggest improvements on it besides adjusting the ragdoll flinging to manual knockdown, that'd only be my personal gripe with this thing.

Well, sacrifical mods are not that great, We have primed pressure points and Its almost pointless to mix Blood rush with an other crit chance mod. Blood rush only stacks your base crit chance, doesnt work together with other crit chance mods and, while Sacrifical steel comboed with Sacrificial pressure is not so bad, Its better to have a bonus damage or even utility mod instead of It. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-03 at 8:14 PM, Pizzarugi said:

30 minutes for survival, 30 defense waves, 6 interception rounds, 6 excavators, and most players bail after that, because the increasing difficulty past that point isn't worth the reward.

I miss void keys.

Back to the OP: I think the lesser stats on it do enough to compensate for the fact it can reach level 40. At max level with sacrifice mods installed, it can do about 140% increased damage against Sentients, and the Chimera prologue was made to prepare you for The New War, which is most likely to going to be all about them and little else.

For now, Its okay,but Gram P is already a better choice for regular mobs and power creep will keep increasing. War is already an almost forgotten weapon and It was one of the best when It came out. You can still rock with It, but There are just plain better choices ( not sidegrades ) and not just one. When the sentient come out, new melees will have more dmg to sentients, then this weapon 😂.

Sacrifical mods are not worth to use, not even, If you have the capacity for It, ofc They are not total trash and you can use them, but There are just better choices for cheaper. The weapon is decent, I would say, but this melee should be the strongest by far for the next year to come, IMO and as I said, the level 40 is just a gimmick and doesnt hold a real value, the weapon could be much more unique, If they made it able to hold 10 slots.

Also sacrifical mods... With 5 forma, You can put sacrifical mods on any melee... This weapon has EXTRA CAPACITY, but this is WASTED, because You need to put FIVE forma on the weapon. Which means You will still have PLENTY of capacity, We can see on the posted picture. 

IMO, the weapon could use a slight nerf and given 2 extra mod slots, so We can use the extra capacity and whats really important is that this weapon would give more freedom. You could put extra utility mods or more damage, You wouldnt need to drop certain mods You like, for efficiency. This would give the weapon some longevity and It wouldnt be forgotten after 1 year or only be used againts sentiens ( who knows when they come ). This would make the weapon really unique, give the level 40 gimmick a real meaning and have the weapon be used even in times when It will be clearly outperformed by some new. +2 Mod slots wouldnt be as op as It sounds like, especially, If they tweak the weapon a little bit. It would give use for the extra capacity, give a cause for the 5 forma and the level 40 and more freedom for the modding with less compromises needed. It would be strong for sure, but this weapon deserves It and even like this, It would probably not be meta all the time. We have stuff like meming S#&$e, We had simulor at one time ( Yes, I know Its not a melee ) and, while We can question how far certain meta weapons could go in their prime, Paracist still wouldnt be extra op and overused, for sure not until melee 3.0, because not many are melee people, not without meming S#&$e.

Other option could have been is to give the weapon 2 sacrifical polarities and make It so, It can level up to 40 without extra formas, This would mean less formas needed, which means less extra capacity hanging by the side and, If you want, You could still change the sacrificial polarities depending on your needs, but I still think, that my idea would give paracist users more freedom, make the weapon more worth to use, make It really unique and not make It so extremely op that It breaks the game. ( Especially after considering that in Warframe You are kind of supposed to be very strong and Its a co op game, also raw damage wouldnt make the weapon too op, nor +2 utility mods. There are many weapons that can be used to 1 hit, whats more important is range, speed, aoe, while not running out of ammo, (If We arent talking about melee) this can be enough for a weapon to be fotm/meta, exluding endurance runs, where the extra thing you need is scaling efficiency (blood rush, status, cheese mechanics).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, HUNDarkTemplar said:

Well, sacrifical mods are not that great, We have primed pressure points and Its almost pointless to mix Blood rush with an other crit chance mod. Blood rush only stacks your base crit chance, doesnt work together with other crit chance mods and, while Sacrifical steel comboed with Sacrificial pressure is not so bad, Its better to have a bonus damage or even utility mod instead of It. 

Regardless, I'm still reaching red crits with this build. I'm really not gonna change it because this thing is the most optimal. even if the benefits of the sacrificial mods seem a bit less but really, it's more about the bigger picture in general.

I appreciate the time you took to review my build but this ones a solid keeper for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-05 at 10:38 PM, TylerFreeman said:

Regardless, I'm still reaching red crits with this build. I'm really not gonna change it because this thing is the most optimal. even if the benefits of the sacrificial mods seem a bit less but really, it's more about the bigger picture in general.

I appreciate the time you took to review my build but this ones a solid keeper for me

I dont really care what build you are using, but what I actually just said is that Its not the most optimal. You ofc reach red crits with It, because you reach red crits even with just blood rush and You kept blood rush in the build, but the 2 mods are not good together, because blood rush is so good, but Its not scaling with an other Crit chance mod. Before there was blood rush, It was very good, to get lets say from 20% crit to 50%, that was a huge difference in dps, but now, If you use blood rush, you get from 150% crit  chance to 180%. It is not optimal and not benefitial, because just like multishot, the more crit chane you have, the less its going to worth. I dont know what is the mathematics name of this in english, but You probably get what I am saying. If you min max in warframe, If you have 200 multishot, you probably want more damage, If you have 300 damage, but no multishot, You probably want multishot, because all these stats become less efficient to build for the more you have. If you have 300 multishot, You already deal 3x damage of the weapon, If you go for other 100 You will deal 4x, while If you go for 100 damage, You will deal 6x the damage of the original weapon and This works backwards, so Its not about multishot being better, Its the fact that these stats are worth less the more You have and Its the same with crit  chance. If you already have 100+ crit chance with blood rush, 30% crit chance will barely make a visible difference and It takes up a mod slot. Blood rush is so op that sacrifical steel is kind of trash tier now and combining the 2 is just the worst imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HUNDarkTemplar said:

I dont really care what build you are using, but what I actually just said is that Its not the most optimal. You ofc reach red crits with It, because you reach red crits even with just blood rush and You kept blood rush in the build, but the 2 mods are not good together, because blood rush is so good, but Its not scaling with an other Crit chance mod. Before there was blood rush, It was very good, to get lets say from 20% crit to 50%, that was a huge difference in dps, but now, If you use blood rush, you get from 150% crit  chance to 180%. It is not optimal and not benefitial, because just like multishot, the more crit chane you have, the less its going to worth. I dont know what is the mathematics name of this in english, but You probably get what I am saying. If you min max in warframe, If you have 200 multishot, you probably want more damage, If you have 300 damage, but no multishot, You probably want multishot, because all these stats become less efficient to build for the more you have. If you have 300 multishot, You already deal 3x damage of the weapon, If you go for other 100 You will deal 4x, while If you go for 100 damage, You will deal 6x the damage of the original weapon and This works backwards, so Its not about multishot being better, Its the fact that these stats are worth less the more You have and Its the same with crit  chance. If you already have 100+ crit chance with blood rush, 30% crit chance will barely make a visible difference and It takes up a mod slot. Blood rush is so op that sacrifical steel is kind of trash tier now and combining the 2 is just the worst imo. 

And I really don't care if you tell me these mods are trash?

Last I checked, I use whatever the hell I want. There's hardly anything in the game that can even tank such ridiculous damage from this sword.

Edited by TylerFreeman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-05 at 10:01 AM, HUNDarkTemplar said:

Well, sacrifical mods are not that great, We have primed pressure points and Its almost pointless to mix Blood rush with an other crit chance mod. Blood rush only stacks your base crit chance, doesnt work together with other crit chance mods and, while Sacrifical steel comboed with Sacrificial pressure is not so bad, Its better to have a bonus damage or even utility mod instead of It. 

Wake up, Tenno (c)

BR modifies your total CC, not base.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_Rush

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Syasob said:

Wake up, Tenno (c)

BR modifies your total CC, not base.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_Rush

Wow, since when does It work like that. Good to know, I have been living a lie for more then year, but mostly still not worth a mod slot, especiall, If you run with avenger. 

Edited by HUNDarkTemplar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eh, crit build or with weeping wounds (with some squirt of status from another source) it still kills lvl 155 heavy gunners in a couple swipes.

It’s fun to take out and mash enemies with but a lot of other melee do the same job. ATM it’s another trinket that filled about 2hrs game play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...