Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best nuke frame rn?

NightsCrow

Question

22 answers to this question

Saryn or Equinox. Both are squishy while Saryn being slightly ahead due to more armor and (Regenerative) Molt.

Both need time to ramp up.  I haven't compared the time both need but in my experience Equinox comes ahead of Saryn (1 to 3 enemies are enough to wipe every enemy in Maim range)

The problem I see in Saryn, though, is her Spores can get "out of hand" meaning you deal more damage than you want to which will reset your spore damage and you need to start stacking again. 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

is she as good as she used to be before the nerf?

Hehe you again, Pizza? 😄

There was no nerf to her. Or do you mean the 10 to 7 damage per tick? Because then you have to calculate the Miasma buff from 0 to 200% (and no one can tell me they will notice the change of spores)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

26 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Hehe you again, Pizza? 😄

There was no nerf to her. Or do you mean the 10 to 7 damage per tick? Because then you have to calculate the Miasma buff from 0 to 200% (and no one can tell me they will notice the change of spores)

There is a very big deal about the nerf to her 4 cause spammers (like me LOL) doesn't really use her one too often

Like when I do io , I do with a group and I sometimes never put one but spam 4 and energy dash to get energy and I have good efficiency but now when you use 4 without using her 1 you only do half the damage before the update and like I said I don't use my 1 cause before I can use my 4 to clear out everything even the bursa and it is all done in one miasma but now... it made me have to build towards more duration than efficiency...

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

press 4 to win Saryn died years ago (iirc 2015/16). If you really want to use such s technique better try Discharge Volt or Resonating Banshee

Fine cause I already have banshee half builted but are they as good as before saryn

14 minutes ago, kamyung said:

Fine cause I already have banshee half builted but are they as good as before saryn

I think this video answers your question

I was using this build

ftFxku9.jpg

10 minutes ago, NightsCrow said:

ok now the dumb question is how to use saryn 😛

i dont understand how saryn work atm

You activate 3 and then cast 1 on an enemy. Wait until there are some other enemies around and kill the one with spores on it. They will spread. Up to 7 spores can deal damage over time and rise your damage (indicator of damage per second in your lower right HUD).

If all infected enemies are dead your stacked damage will start to decay and you have to start to stack it again. So try not to kill every enemy at the same time.

Currently I am using this build

YXue1lD.jpg

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Honestly for survivability Khora is pretty good her 1 has bit of aoe on first one hit and her 2 will lock em down and pull them all into range of that aoe.  then if run into slight trouble venari can heal you up in in correct stance.  true in higher level missions may take few hits but they are chained up so not like they a threat

3 hours ago, kamyung said:

There is a very big deal about the nerf to her 4 cause spammers (like me LOL) doesn't really use her one too often

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Hehe you again, Pizza? 😄

Yeah i was refering to the 4 spam, i saw someone wiping  the map with a single button and thought: "i wanna be lazy like that".

But now that its nerfed i will have to move around to use her 1...

5 hours ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

Yeah i was refering to the 4 spam, i saw someone wiping  the map with a single button and thought: "i wanna be lazy like that".

But now that its nerfed i will have to move around to use her 1...

Yah I an one of the players and I even build for efficiency cause they die at tick 3 before so I don't need 6 ticks and so I put fleeting expertise but now... I need to wait longer for my energy from energy dash

Edited by kamyung

There are number of alternatives to Saryn.

Octavia can easily solo interception/defenses/survivals for infinite time

Mesa is very good for bossing/exterminations, nearly invincible to ranged attacks, god tier for plains farming

Rhino has great defense and CC as well, excellent for bossing as well

Limbo is easy choice for mobile defense, excavation and rescue missions

Banshee is easy choice for any low level mobbing missions

Saryn got a slight nerf lets call it, while she does double damage to enemies with spores, she now also deals half to enemies without.

While this sounds equal in theory, in practice, her gameplay mechanic changed. Now instead of using miasma to spread spores, you use her toxic lash(or godly aim) to spread spores and  then use miasma as more of a finisher. For anyone who remains to use the spore-miasma spam combo, there is a significant performance decrease.

Along with the cap reduction from 10 to 7, she is in no sense weak, but to anyone who's played her enough there is an obvious performance...lets call it change.

That said, there is only one real contender and the only thing keeping her from being beyond broken is line of sight - Mesa.

High range and strength Volt for Discharge spam is also an excellent choice, but his build is weird in that you need range and strength, but for that you sacrifice duration, which you also need... still can't pinpoint the best combination.

Honorable mentions: Banshee, Ember, Equinox, Mirage, Mag, Nova but they require more effort to build or play to reach the effectiveness of the former 3.

Also, the op is asking for a nuking frame, please advise accordingly, Rhino, Khora or Limbo given are plain bad advise, not every frame with a damage ability is a nuke frame.

On 2018-11-02 at 3:30 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

Pfft, who needs Saryn, Equinox or Mesa when you have Nova. 

saryn can spread spores to the whole map and then when you're done spreading spores press 4 and clear the map then do it all over again, mesa can use 2 to cc the enemy then 3 for the melee enemy so she doesnt die then 4 to clear the enemies and there are many more warframes also each warframe are good in there own capabilities

Edited by frqimuen

6 hours ago, frqimuen said:

saryn can spread spores to the whole map and then when you're done spreading spores press 4 and clear the map then do it all over again, mesa can use 2 to cc the enemy then 3 for the melee enemy so she doesnt die then 4 to clear the enemies and there are many more warframes also each warframe are good in there own capabilities

This was such an old topic i cant recollect if my comment was made in response to something or at the time i was experimenting with more builds.

with the current expansion of helminth abilities the old limitations no longer hold true ,

but Nova is still up there for a good mix of survival , CC , support and nuke capabilities without needing a different ability infused.

7 hours ago, frqimuen said:

Another initiate with 0 reputation who (i assume) found this thread through google and decided to leave a reply -turning himself to a necromancer in the process.

Tell me if I'm wrong, necro. I'm really curious about the spike of your kind lately. Is the new generation of consoles really bring new wave of tennos?

Back to topic, saryn for obvious reasons. And mesa because she's doing her best bayonetta impression when she do her 4.

• Like 1