Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did DE remove the raids?

feelmepain

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)T0PP HATT:

.too many problems with it, not enough people playing it.....I didn't care for the raids, glad they're gone...taking up space for other things de can implement......

You don´t care and yet you are happy? Doesn´t make sense at all.

Apparently there was a metric ton of spaghetti-code in the Raids, which made them being a huge pain in the butt to maintain. And since so few people actually played them, they decided that they're better off redesigning them entirely.

As for the YouToobmen claiming that the game is dying: it isn't. Clickbaiters gonna clickbait.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

technicaly he is correct if you look at warframe steam player stats but not because of raid removal

not an accurate judge going by only steam as 1 the steam is small cut of total group.  and given WF isnt a game where you fall leagues behind being a casual player and taking week or month breaks.  Many do take breaks to play other things or take care of real life issues for extended time periods.  75% or more will comeback active in next few weeks when fortuna hits and some already have to refresh themselves on controls before hand

ahh raids only played you once but that day was funny the floor stopped existing half way though so we had to parkour around

• DE: we added a shotgun and fixed some bugs
  • Raids: *procceds to stab self with knife* 
  • DE: why? 
  • Raids: fix meh
  • DE: *next hotfixs try to fix raids self stabbing only results in more different stabbings* 

i swear raids were sentient and VERY self destuctive 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Few people played them? Can anyone share any other proof of that except that tricky irregular statistic wheel we saw in Devstream?

I don't have the link anymore (and I'm not going to find the thread where it was posted) but on the stats released by the raid community (based on the data provided to them by DE), the monthly amount of unique players completing LoR on PC amounted to ~2.5% of two-week total count of unique players on Steam. Mind you, the real percentage is even lower since those who play on the stand-alone launcher were not taken into account.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Few people played them? Can anyone share any other proof of that except that tricky irregular statistic wheel we saw in Devstream?

>show proof that very little people played them

>but the proof the devs used them self from gathering data from the game itself doesn't count 

wew 

On 2018-10-29 at 9:29 AM, DeMonkey said:

Technically!?

sq5hItD.png

That's fine, there is no death there at all.

HKWZ3kS.png

Realm Royale is death.

The numbers are dropping some because of big AAA games that just got released recently. I'm sure many like myself are also taking a break until the next big update. So I would say the sky isn't falling yet for Warframe hehe.

Edited by RoninJed

3 hours ago, Zyneris said:

I could totally go for some 40man raids 😕

Dreams are too big.....

More like clan vs clan 20v20 capture opposing clans resources make a reward system and make the penalty area bit more severe like come back to a wrecked dojo and work it from ground up and have the dojo as the battle ground (like the whole dojo) can you imagine how fun that would be and before u start complaining about the exploits I know many players will do that but even pvp has a bunch of exploits,doesn't mean it's not fun 

38 minutes ago, seprent said:

>show proof that very little people played them

>but the proof the devs used them self from gathering data from the game itself doesn't count 

wew 

As I said, tricky statistics. I have tons of options to show you what I  want. Example: Air traffic is saggiest transport if we count number of transported passengers per year, but if I put in comparison how many plains, trains and cars are around the world we have, it will probably become deadliest. Back to Raids:

1. They had 24hrs cap, so most of playerbase ran them once per day, well except Raid bus fellas, for credits or just because they like them.

2. First ten mission types in wheel have also their counterparts in Fissures and Sorties

My questions here is: Are the same conditions applied to all missions, like 1 mission type per player per 24 hrs? In first ten missions are Fissures and Sorties included or excluded?

I am glad they removed raids, I have played warframe on and off since before the spaceship, I cannot believe how far we've come, so many times I've heard warframe is dying from a single frame being nerfed. As most people say, listening to YouTube for news on a game is unreliable and more times than not an attempt to get people to leave the game.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Are the same conditions applied to all missions, like 1 mission type per player per 24 hrs? In first ten missions are Fissures and Sorties included or excluded?

i can probably answer this with a yes for the sake of consistency since LOR JV and such were as you said 24 hour locked you did it once wait till tomorrow to do it again in the raiding community give or a take a few prevent did a raid during that scan of missions types done it would return a very low percent due to the 24 hour lock out the 8 man squads so you had more people doing it reducing the need to farm the mission by alittle and the 24 hour lock out preventing heavy farming to begin with so the statistic in my mind is pretty solid since once the majority did it one you have a clear window of how many players did that mission now for the sake of the chart in particular if raids where only able to be done once the other missions type would only count once because if not the whole chart would be very out of wack as well but due more people playing them would still result in a higher percent of play time over all those missions are more readily available has level ranges allowing both new and old to play them while raids were restricting i wanna say mid game and above since thats when i played them sorties themselves would fall under same as raids a series of missions that are playable every 24 hours and probably has its own slot on the chart while fissures can have there own slot or be included into the the already made mission type chunks but labeled with a perpetrate percentage when factoring the whole thing EX: Mobile defense was played 34% with 15% being fissure missions

TLDR: yes because if they weren't counted to the same conditions the chart would be pointless and out of wack with the result but raids came up to the small % due to the readily availability of of other mission types mostly due to level ranges  while raids were level range locked to i wanna say 80-100? i dont really remember sotries would have their own statistic like raids while fissure could have either their own spot or added to mission type chunks as a separate percentage to the chunk as a whole

@(PS4)Onder6099

I can give you anecdotal evidence that Raids weren't really played much.
Recruiting chat worked for organizing basically anything but raids. For raids you either had to use a special discord (ie WRSB) or have friends on-release that yelled "GET IN LOSER, WE'RE LAUGHING AT DE" at you on Steam when LoR first came out.

I get wanting to doubt stats, but they were stats that made 100% sense if you were actually around for Raids and ever actually ran them.

Edited by Eirshy

4 hours ago, Zyneris said:

I could totally go for some 40man raids 😕

Dreams are too big.....

Yea or +1 hour long ones, if they are some really great ones 😉

I used to raid often in another MMO named Star Wars The Old Republic - the raids in SWTOR where some of the best content in that game.😁

that I remember in the time that the raids were removed steve said: The resource and the time invested to maintain the raids compared with the group of players that use them was high.
And they preferred to invest those resources in more useful things at the moment, such as fixing errors and creating new content.
At that time the expansions had not yet been announced.

Fortuna has been projected to be bigger and more balanced than POE, because it would be a great investment in resources. Like or worse than Tridolons, the raids did not have a large audience, perhaps according to their data a minority used them and benefited from the monopoly of the arcane, although that has not changed with tridolon .... is a little more manageable.

my words are personal ideas and is not any direct interpretation of any developer, nor is it an attack on the integrity or economy of digital extreme. Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

As I said, tricky statistics. I have tons of options to show you what I  want. Example: Air traffic is saggiest transport if we count number of transported passengers per year, but if I put in comparison how many plains, trains and cars are around the world we have, it will probably become deadliest. Back to Raids:

1. They had 24hrs cap, so most of playerbase ran them once per day, well except Raid bus fellas, for credits or just because they like them.

2. First ten mission types in wheel have also their counterparts in Fissures and Sorties

My questions here is: Are the same conditions applied to all missions, like 1 mission type per player per 24 hrs? In first ten missions are Fissures and Sorties included or excluded?

You can see the statistics yourself: https://trials.wf/stats/

7 minutes ago, xcenic said:

that I remember in the time that the raids were removed steve said: The resource and the time invested to maintain the raids compared with the group of players that use them was high.
And they preferred to invest those resources in more useful things at the moment, such as fixing errors and creating new content.
At that time the expansions had not yet been announced.

Fortuna has been projected to be bigger and more balanced than POE, because it would be a great investment in resources. Like or worse than Tridolons, the raids did not have a large audience, perhaps according to their data a minority used them and benefited from the monopoly of the arcane, although that has not changed with tridolon .... is a little more manageable.

my words are personal ideas and is not any direct interpretation of any developer, nor is it an attack on the integrity or economy of digital extreme. Jesus Christ.

The Star Wars - SWTOR - MMO was produced by BioWare that's owned by EA.

It had 150 devs working on it during development - but that team was cut down to only a handful of devs after it's release.

That small team was only there to push cosmetic junk out on a weekly basis for players to buy in-game and maintain servers etc.

The team managed to maintain the raids in the game by not messing with them.

They did not have the needed dev skills anymore.

So it's possible to maintain raids with just a handful of devs not having the right skills for years.

The real challenge is to develop the raids in the first place, while making them engaging to play and with a few bugs only.

5 hours ago, feelmepain said:

So,today i watched the videos about raids and....yeah pretty sad i started to play WF when plains was there (never knew raid was in WF) 

IT was "REPLACED" by the eidolon hunting for new player like me  and probally other new players never knew raid was in WF 

it has been 8 months since the 'TEMPORALLY" remove of the raid and the community is dying i guess 

i understand how DE wants more players to play WF but to hurt players like that while trying to improve WF is not FUN brb.

i hope after the fourtuna update we get to feel raids

PS: sorry for any typo, and i watch many vid saying DE is killing WF?

Dude.. raids were total poop and yeah players leave because of content drought it's normal. Plus it took 30 mins to an hour just to get 1 stupid arcane compared to now. You can get so much focus and arcanes it's ridiculous. I was all for the removal of it because it was boring. Most of was tedious! Plus the other raid they had was broken so we could only repeat one. Plus yeah YouTubers you shouldn't really trust. They have their own issues... That they're complaining about..

Edited by Rookie808
I'm not good at typing on a phone.

to be honest in my opinion: Each element reduced or eliminated from the game that requires some type of premeditated composition, such as raids, trilodons and the fixed requirement of the same frame and weapons, directly reduces the amount of toxicity of the game, and maintains the harmony environment within the game parallel to the forum.
An atmosphere of pink colors and my little pony.