Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did DE remove the raids?

feelmepain

Raids just like alliance conflicts are relics of a bygone era. They are temporally removed and will stay temporally removed until the servers shut down. We all knew this when we tried to fight DE's decision but all our resistance didn't help. Now, we may just pray that Spidolons and Railjack give the veterans(I finally have a definition everyone will like: someone with 2much endo and focus) something to do and enjoy, as both ESO and arbitrations don't seem to fill the void the removal of raids left behind.

2 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Yea or +1 hour long ones, if they are some really great ones 😉

I used to raid often in another MMO named Star Wars The Old Republic - the raids in SWTOR where some of the best content in that game.😁

Never got in to TOR enough to raid, but I did raid in WoW and 20man raids were hella fun. 10man raiding in FF14 is pretty decent as well. Idk, I just like raids, call me nutso.

1 hour ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

That small team was only there to push cosmetic junk out on a weekly basis for players to buy in-game and maintain servers etc. The team managed to maintain the raids in the game by not messing with them. They did not have the needed dev skills anymore. So it's possible to maintain raids with just a handful of devs not having the right skills for years.

That was in a game where things- particularly core things- weren't being regularly changed. A system as complex as a game tends to have multiple problems crop up whenever you make alterations. Like, fixing/changing something archwing-related may have caused JV to have major crash issues due to some interaction it completely broke.

Also please don't put a double-space line break between each sentence. It's damn annoying.
Probably more annoying than armchair programmers drawing false equivalencies when they clearly can't even foo a bar, let alone a baz.

The raids were probably some of the worst experiences I had with video games in recent years. Can't really think of more than maybe 1 or 2 other video game experiences in general quite as bad really in recent years. Personally, yes, I'd say theey were THAT bad, though I know there was about ~1% of the playerbase that were dedicated to the raids and enjoyed them. The rewards gated behind the mess that were the raids I think were another issue. And I like Warframe a lot in general. But raids were just so, so bad. And it's not the difficulty or anything, the design was horrible. Being extra-buggy, even by warframe standards didn't help either.

And warframe isn't dying, the statistics on steamcharts are easy to misinterpret. If I zoom out a little, it seems as if the game is rising. Right now it's around pre-PoE numbers of players. Likely has to do with some people burning out (lots of people joined at the same time, so you can expect lots of people to stop around the same time). But more so with people taking a break before Fortuna. I know that's what Im doing. Stopped playing 1-2 weeks back so that when I come back to fortuna Im more fresh and don't feel burned out, and can be more excited about it. Doing other games and more life stuff in the mean time.

Edited by Scissorsmith

54 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

Never got in to TOR enough to raid, but I did raid in WoW and 20man raids were hella fun. 10man raiding in FF14 is pretty decent as well. Idk, I just like raids, call me nutso.

It's not that nuts 😁

It's a great endgame recurring fun activity for players that want a different set of more difficult challenges - that they can beat together with their friends - and help their guild members by teaching them - how the tactics work in praxis - to pass on the skills and knowledge on how to beat it 😉

2 hours ago, Radagosh said:

Raids just like alliance conflicts are relics of a bygone era. They are temporally removed and will stay temporally removed until the servers shut down. We all knew this when we tried to fight DE's decision but all our resistance didn't help. Now, we may just pray that Spidolons and Railjack give the veterans(I finally have a definition everyone will like: someone with 2much endo and focus) something to do and enjoy, as both ESO and arbitrations don't seem to fill the void the removal of raids left behind.

"We all". No, raids were not a defacto thing that all vets even did, let alone liked, and those "raids" or pressure plate simulators, were not really worth fighting for. An all new revamped kind of raid altogether instead(Which may be in the railjack plans.), sure. The original raids otherwise weren't exactly what people unfamiliar with Warframe picture, nor what vets by the large wanted, when you mention the discarded raids.

I don't know why you even purport that vets now have nothing to do because of the removal of raids when vets were complaining about "no endgame" even when the raids were around. And they will continue to do so, because as time goes on, people find exploits and make things more of a cake walk, especially those who basically live in the game. They also take advantage of the fact that DE adds more stuff to the game, so the demand for endgame will never end.

Edited by UrielColtan

Raids got removed because they had lot of bugs with it, because the an something at the other end of the game. But also a reason that raids aren't squat interactive and eidolons would do that(which is honestly the direct opposite)

Personally I've got much more better experiences with raids than eidolon hunts, the bugs were funny even if the broke them. Just imagine using you full aw equipment in rooms before it was cool.

Even so you can't really say raids got no high community, they just haven't been as big promoted as the full PoE update, some people who played all the time didn't even know we had raids, so there wasn't even a chance for raids to get a high fanbase

13 minutes ago, Dark_Chroma_Prime said:

Raids got removed because they had lot of bugs with it, because the an something at the other end of the game. But also a reason that raids aren't squat interactive and eidolons would do that(which is honestly the direct opposite)

Personally I've got much more better experiences with raids than eidolon hunts, the bugs were funny even if the broke them. Just imagine using you full aw equipment in rooms before it was cool.

Even so you can't really say raids got no high community, they just haven't been as big promoted as the full PoE update, some people who played all the time didn't even know we had raids, so there wasn't even a chance for raids to get a high fanbase

It was also among the least played content in the game, above Conclave but below Archwing; for the effort it was, according to DE not worth the hassle for the players affected by removing it and moving its rewards to the Eidolons which do a better job so far of encouraging players to go for those arcane rewards. I am glad though that you had a team organized enough to enjoy them; I feel that the Trials were a good idea with an awesome premise but held back by trying to make them less inclusive out of the gate and 'more challenging' which as defined by DE recently is designing with the intent for players to fail.

11 hours ago, Zyneris said:

I could totally go for some 40man raids 😕

Dreams are too big.....

4 people can barely coordinate to stand on 4 buttons and shoot 4 targets simultaneously in Kella assassination, and you want for 40 to do something like that? That ought to be totally fun. What could possibly go right?

11 hours ago, feelmepain said:

it has been 8 months since the 'TEMPORALLY" remove

Where do people keep getting that "TEMPORALLY" part from?

Last time I remember DE talking about the raids, they were saying something along the lines of "we have no idea of how to make raids 'right', not just 'stand-on-a-bunch-of-buttons', so we decided to focus on different type of content". They were meaning something like Eidolons at the time, and I could hazard a guess that now Railjack is supposed to go into the same high-end teamplay niche.

I'm not going to bother to find the exact devstream they were talking about it on, but I highly doubt anyone can find me any quote, confirming that devs are even thinking about bringing the raids back, either.

Never mind that.  I derped out big time.

Edited by WindigoTG

9 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

they were right back then, WF died real hard. people need to realize this and stop starting to play it, it's dead. DE also has to realize this game is dead for 5 years now and stop working on it.

Thats your opinion. WF has never died to me. Thats my opinion. A decrease in players online doesnt mean a game is dead. A game is dead when there is virtually no people playing said game. Would you consider Destiny 1 dead? Yes, comparing it to a different game. No if you play it and lool at the facts. People are going back to D1 because it has content. The thing is that people are waiting for juicy content. Something that can entertain them till the next game they want drops, or next DLC drop. Maybe its just a timegated weapon. Its just that there isnt content, so only people who no life the game or are faithful to it play. They grind till they cant, amd whem they cant, a new dlc or something is ususlly out. Warframe has not been dead since its first massive spike of players

32 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

4 people can barely coordinate to stand on 4 buttons and shoot 4 targets simultaneously in Kella assassination, and you want for 40 to do something like that? That ought to be totally fun. What could possibly go right?

-snip-

I mean, you're acting as if it's impossible. There are good apples and bad apples in every bunch.

The main problem with raids was that the people that knew how to do them well and quickly were not kind. They did not help or have ANY patience. I always felt it was in order to sell arcanes for huge amounts of plat. So that resulted in the low play of the trials. It wasnt hard, just needed to communicate and stick to the script if you wanted to win it. 

il y a 56 minutes, WindigoTG a dit :

Where do people keep getting that "TEMPORALLY" part from?

Last time I remember DE talking about the raids, they were saying something along the lines of "we have no idea of how to make raids 'right', not just 'stand-on-a-bunch-of-buttons', so we decided to focus on different type of content". They were meaning something like Eidolons at the time, and I could hazard a guess that now Railjack is supposed to go into the same high-end teamplay niche.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you probably didn't check the first page where the answer was all along, but allow me to re-copy/paste someone else's reply:

The answer is 2-3 paragraph above the video segment.

And if you want the short version : The previous raids were a mess, we had an idea but it didn't live up to our expectations, we're open for feedback as we'd like to make more trials in the futures without making the same mistakes.

12 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

There was only a small number actively playing Trials (<5%) and the upkeep (Bugfixes, 8 player problems etc) wasn't worth the trouble for DE.

We don't have definite numbers. Only DE does.

Biggest problem is that since PoE there wasn't really big content to hook players for a longer period

From my perspective, I have a career, wife, kids, and responsibilities that can pull me away from gaming at any point.

I tried Raids in the very beginning and between lobby staging and actual mission times, it quickly became apparent that the risk of having to quit out at any point was to high.

Doing so is a tremendous disservice to the entire group invested in the process.

So I chose not to play them.

Even tho raids had many bugs, most of them being JV with docking and host issues. Raids was one part of warframe I enjoyed, why? because you had 8 players doing an activity at a time. People saying it was a mess, maybe never played with friends or clan members like I did. It was the only thing, I used to login for. An hour of messing around and laughing. PoE has never done that for me.

28 minutes ago, Husla said:

Even tho raids had many bugs, most of them being JV with docking and host issues. Raids was one part of warframe I enjoyed, why? because you had 8 players doing an activity at a time. People saying it was a mess, maybe never played with friends or clan members like I did. It was the only thing, I used to login for. An hour of messing around and laughing. PoE has never done that for me.

I'm pretty much on the same boat as well. I really didn't care if the bugs screwed the mission or anything in particular. I had a great time with friends and even schooling a lot of players. I'm not on much anymore because of PoE. God I hate Eidolons. 

6 hours ago, Husla said:

Yes, raids are a fun social recurring activity that keeps players coming back 😀😁