Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know Warframe Has Done Something Incredibly Right...

isJBsi

anthem clearly does not imitate anything or resemble warframe, in fact it is more similar to destiny, although already bioware has the fact of the doubt by mass effect.
At the beginning when it was announced anthem was thought to be a parallel history of mass effect but they changed the name and lore by the great failure of the andromeda.
Although with many points in favor, the only thing that other companies can adapt or learn from warframe is that even being free the game does not have a small lottery inside the game with boxes.
In the rest we are sincere and realistic: EA or Bioware has nothing to envy DE if not vise versa.

I think Anthem has a real shot at becoming a hit, but that largely depends on game play and acquiring nifty stuff... and the presence of loot boxes, or preferably lack there of.

At the very least, Anthem looks like it might become a slower, more "balanced" option to Warframe's power fantasy "clear a room with a burst of rifle fire" game play.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

I play every system and consol.  currently play swtor and archeage on pc.  play some warframe and world of tanks on xbox one.  play warframe wildlands and rainbow 6 siege on ps4 and playing breath of wild on switch and thats just my current games.  come tomorrow ill be in the Fallout beta for ps4

Ahh. I dont have much time for games with work and junk. been keeping to D2, warframe, and like a few others. Fallout76 looks good but im waiting for privet servers and the ability to use the consoul to fix bugs.

15 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

Ahh. I dont have much time for games with work and junk. been keeping to D2, warframe, and like a few others. Fallout76 looks good but im waiting for privet servers and the ability to use the consoul to fix bugs.

honestly I wish I could say same but I am severly disabled.  I would love to be out working with a job again but no one will hire me as a liability

Talking about Anthem? Yeah I caught that demo play...looks like a bridge between Warframe and Destiny....I'm gonna wait on my usual reviewers I trust before picking up...so far it's back in the running for purchase until then...

Also there was this glut of games that came out where I was just so frustrated with them...They all would have been incredible Warframe styled PVE games..instead they adopted PVP only and then most of them died or are just pure messes of horrible UI and matchmaking...

Dreadnought is a perfect example of a game that would have been a outstanding Warframe clone...It has an incredible art style where you like the hero ships...you want to use them...but god almighty the beta and Ui on the game is in real trouble...they added a PVE mode with Havoc..but it's not enough to hold a PVE crowd since it looks like you don't keep the ships or upgrades you unlock as you progress, so why play if you're PVE only. (That's not confirmed, but that's the optics, we'll see after I try it out)

Then there's Strike Vector EX...okay designs but the music is horrible the story is hot garbage...but the game play and movement is spot on...once again a PVP only game with no reward for PVE players, yet has everything PVE players would love..the Ai they use to fill in for players is fine enough for PVE players to duke it out with...instead...nope! PVP only...and it's dead as a doornail since 2014.

those two stand out the most to me...because I really enjoyed the concept of space battle and mechs with good movement and art styles....hell if Elite Dangerous started churning out Dreadnought styled ships to go after I'd probably die of starvation trying to get them...

anyhoo Anthem...hope it does well... especially since when De get's a competitor, they usually turn up the volume on goodies and buffs during new content drops for those games....

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

sad to see DE resting on their laurels while mainstream companies slowly realize the potential in games like warframe, by the time DE actually decides to turn its cash cow into an actual game, someone will have made a decent clone and failed, someone will have made a good clone and failed, but then someone will make a better clone and run DE into the ground, mark my words. EDIT: i honestly though that DE was going to up their game after destiny came up, realizing that while a lackluster game it was still someone trying to compete, foolish me though DE was going to step up their game before they get an actual worthwhile competitor, that seems more unlikely every week

i hope hope fortuna shuts me up and proves me wrong but im im super skeptic with the string of disappointment coming from DE lately, my favourite part its when people come and argue that "ITS FREE YOU ENTITLED PRICK" well no S#&$, its free cause the game would be dead by now if they even tried to charge a penny for this, this game can only exist in this day and age cause its mediocrity would have killed it on arrival in the days of paid games.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

52 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

I think Anthem has a real shot at becoming a hit, but that largely depends on game play and acquiring nifty stuff... and the presence of loot boxes, or preferably lack there of.

At the very least, Anthem looks like it might become a slower, more "balanced" option to Warframe's power fantasy "clear a room with a burst of rifle fire" game play.

Bioware has already promised multiple times no lootboxes.  and EA has reversed majority of lootbox use in SWTOR given latest lootbox drama to where almost everythng is purchasable direct and lootboxes are just a cheap chance at them.  so given the game doesnt exist so no lootboxes to reverse I dont see them even bothering insisting on them now

13 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:

sad to see DE resting on their laurels while mainstream companies slowly realize the potential in games like warframe, by the time DE actually decides to turn its cash cow into an actual game, someone will have made a decent clone and failed, someone will have made a good clone and failed, but then someone will make a better clone and run DE into the ground, mark my words. EDIT: i honestly though that DE was going to up their game after destiny came up, realizing that while a lackluster game it was still someone trying to compete, foolish me though DE was going to step up their game before they get an actual worthwhile competitor, that seems more unlikely every week

i hope hope fortuna shuts me up and proves me wrong but im im super skeptic with the string of disappointment coming from DE lately, my favourite part its when people come and argue that "ITS FREE YOU ENTITLED PRICK" well no S#&$, its free cause the game would be dead by now if they even tried to charge a penny for this, this game can only exist in this day and age cause its mediocrity would have killed it on arrival in the days of paid games.

De is doing anything but just resting on thier laurels.  updates like fortuna dont just materialize because players want them.  its a many months process and it isnt the only project on thier plate they have rail jack garuda the recent chimera release.  the same droubt happened last year.  and around decemper 2020 or 2021 people will see the same type content droubts in Anthem as well.  its just a part of picture when you have a long running open ended game and there is no getting around that it will happen from time to time

il y a 32 minutes, (PS4)Cargan2016 a dit :

De is doing anything but just resting on thier laurels.  updates like fortuna dont just materialize because players want them.  its a many months process and it isnt the only project on thier plate they have rail jack garuda the recent chimera release.  the same droubt happened last year.  and around decemper 2020 or 2021 people will see the same type content droubts in Anthem as well.  its just a part of picture when you have a long running open ended game and there is no getting around that it will happen from time to time

they are resting in their laurels design wise, sure there are things coming, and sure it happened last year and we got cetus, arguably the worst update in warframe history, but they are resting in their laurels, that doesnt mean theyre sitting at home scratching their asses, theyre working alright, but this aint the DE we had 2-3 years ago, as i said im hoping fortuna redeems warframe in my mind, but if fortuna turns out to be just cetus 2.0 then thatll be for me in this game, tired of playing aimlessly without incentive to progress at all, cant even look forward to future warframes as the past bunch have all been so generic and boring. 

every time i open warframe it feels the same as it felt 2 years ago, and not in a good way. 

I find it baffling that there are still people out there giving EA the benefit of the doubt.

Like, it's EA guys.. You know, EA? the ones literally fighting THE LAW to keep milking lootboxes, the ones that turned battlefront 2 (which remember was supposed to be an APOLOGY for how bad battlefront 1 was) into a spectacular display of greed, the ones that consume and kill off studios almost daily, the ones responsible for dead space 3 and the subsequent death of visceral?, weren't they literally voted the most evil company in America at some point?

Anyways, From what I've seen of Anthem it'll be dead in a few months, looks almost like a cookie cutter Ubisoft game but with jetpacks, you'll fly around jungles to little markers on your map to liberate "camps" or "outposts" or whatever terminology they decide to go with, you'll probably have to climb radio towers or something to clear fog from said map so you can see more markers. The story MIGHT be interesting, given that this is from Bioware but honestly I don't hold much hope. And of course this being an EA game you can rest assured that it'll have multiple special editions, season passes, pre-order bonuses, microtransactions (that's if we're even lucky enough to not get lootboxes too), etc, etc, etc. Not to mention the annualized sequels that are already being monetized before the first game's even out.

Good thing all EA games are free, if you catch my drift...

I'm saying you should pirate anything EA publishes because it's EA.

5 minutes ago, Gullim92 said:

I find it baffling that there are still people out there giving EA the benefit of the doubt.

Like, it's EA guys.. You know, EA? the ones literally fighting THE LAW to keep milking lootboxes, the ones that turned battlefront 2 (which remember was supposed to be an APOLOGY for how bad battlefront 1 was) into a spectacular display of greed, the ones that consume and kill off studios almost daily, the ones responsible for dead space 3 and the subsequent death of visceral?, weren't they literally voted the most evil company in America at some point?

Anyways, From what I've seen of Anthem it'll be dead in a few months, looks almost like a cookie cutter Ubisoft game but with jetpacks, you'll fly around jungles to little markers on your map to liberate "camps" or "outposts" or whatever terminology they decide to go with, you'll probably have to climb radio towers or something to clear fog from said map so you can see more markers. The story MIGHT be interesting, given that this is from Bioware but honestly I don't hold much hope. And of course this being an EA game you can rest assured that it'll have multiple special editions, season passes, pre-order bonuses, microtransactions (that's if we're even lucky enough to not get lootboxes too), etc, etc, etc. Not to mention the annualized sequels that are already being monetized before the first game's even out.

im not I actually see Ea changing albeit slowly.  a year ago if logged into SWTOR and looked at cartel market (cash shop)  the only thing you would see was loot boxes.  yet now if you look its primarily direct purchases of sets and lootbox options for random chance at all the sets one for weapons one for armor and one for mounts.  granted the prices for the direct purchases are still predatory as hell it is a step in right direction.

il y a 33 minutes, Gullim92 a dit :

i too find it hilarious that people keep buying S#&$ from those companies, and while anthem should be EA's chance to at least pretend theyre not greedy as #*!% it wont and we know it, but thats not the problem i see with the situation, the problem i see with the situation is, two destinys have come and gone, now its anthem turn, thats three games that could have killed warframe had they been what they promised, three potential competitors have come and gone and warframe has killed them because its inherent coolness, but how much has warframe really changed since competitors started showing up? thats right, it hasnt changed #*!% all other than S#&$ cetus, only patch worth our disk space has been the last QoL huge patch that we got,  that single patch its better than the entirety of cetus and poe and it was mostly  QoL changes. .

my point being if you played warframe before destiny even went into develpment and if you play warframe right now you get the exact same experience, the game hasnt changed for S#&$ in all this time, and sure destiny failed, and so did destiny 2 but  what destiniy acomplished tho, was in making EA realize the potential of such games, now EA its going to have a hand at it, and they might fail or maybe they wont, but whats guaranteed its that wheter EA fails or not, just like destiniy influenced anthem, anthem will influence more games, and the next game be it a fail or a success will inspire yet another game, and eventually one of those games will be under a good company and if warframe keeps evolving at a snail pace itll be left in the dust. 

think dota, dota was the king of mobas, there were a few mobas but none could trump dota, then LoL and Dota 2 came, and better games or worst games, they became the most mainstream mobas, people that defend DE on their current way of operating, are the people that think theyre in "LoL" or in "dota 2", eventually youll realize this is actually dota waiting to die.

paraphrasing: Warframe has come out on top of its would-be competitors because warframe was ahead of its time, but  time wont slow down for DE and eventually that edge will fade away, with DE's current pace gaming will catch up to warframe sooner rather than later and roll it over. hell anthem would have been a promising competitor had it been under a better company.

personally fortuna will dictate wheter i stay or not for Railjack, and personally railjack will dictate if this game has any future for me or if the cycle of "release new system, abandon system, release new system" will just keep on repeating endlessly and aimlessly like its been so far.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

im not I actually see Ea changing albeit slowly.  a year ago if logged into SWTOR and looked at cartel market (cash shop)  the only thing you would see was loot boxes.  yet now if you look its primarily direct purchases of sets and lootbox options for random chance at all the sets one for weapons one for armor and one for mounts.  granted the prices for the direct purchases are still predatory as hell it is a step in right direction.

That's like saying a mass murderer is changing his ways because after 10 years of murdering he went back and apologized to the family of his first victim. The only way EA ever does something that doesn't piss off literally EVERYONE is after massive, worldwide backlash that threatens to bring regulation into the industry like it happened with battlefront 2 and even then EA is the single publisher that will actually go to war with entire countries in order to keep exploiting their cattle, or sorry, I mean their playerbase. I myself never played SWTOR but I can almost guarantee you that if EA has made any player-friendly changes to their monetization it's because that game is no longer bringing any money, so they play the good guys and then get good reputation because "look, they changed it, they're LISTENING to the community, EA isn't evil after all"

Edit: just for anyone who actually thinks EA isn't a mass murderer, check this out and enjoy being enlightened  https://heavy.com/games/2017/10/studios-ea-has-killed-visceral-games/

Edited by Gullim92
Added proof of crimes against humanity by EA the satan of the videogame industry

meh, Anthem to me is just a test of whether or not a leopard can change its spots: if EA somehow decide to NOT riddle that game with microtransactions, BS season passes and copious amounts of grind whilst justifying it as "player choice", I fear I might die of shock, I don't think we'll be ready for such a massive turnaround.. I do hope Anthem turns out to be a good game as well, but I doubt I'll be picking it up at full retail, unless everyone I know gets it and then it's Destiny 2 all over again. bear in mind though: it's EA and I'm not a believer in the idea that people can change, because they don't. not for very long anyway.

I do think that Warframe has come a long way, and since Plains of Eidolon, being discovered by large youtubers like Jim Sterling and such, I think AAA Devs have started to become a wee bit scared that just maybe a F2P game is gonna do the unthinkable and steal most of their audience. warframe has in it's own way been showing the world waht a F2P can do, and if more games like it come out, who knows, perhaps a F2P revolution will be upon us at some point in the next few years.

and for the record, I play Destiny 2 as well, and while it certainly has it's flaws, it's not quite the train wreck some people make it out to be. yes, Bungievision is a greedy corporate entity that only sees us as flesh-covered wallets, but the game itself is less tedious than Destiny 1 was. Forsaken wasn't too abd, maybe if they keep in this direction we might finally get a proper Destiny game... about nine and a half years into that 10 year contract.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

honestly I wish I could say same but I am severly disabled.  I would love to be out working with a job again but no one will hire me as a liability

Ahh, well you might just need to find the right job. I work with a lot of amputees, although im on the desinge side of medical devices and not patient care, and there are a lot of jobs out there they can do. it all depends on what you want to do and finding the right company. not alwase an easy thing but still.

35 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:

-Snip-

How exactly has Warframe not changed in the past few years? Do the ongoing additions and refinements to the game's sandbox not count somehow?

Furthermore, how is something like Landscapes or Railjack not an evolution of the game?

What would it need to do to not be "stagnant" in your eyes? Details please, not just drivel like "Improve the Gameplay".

8 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Yes because they are having new engine and add something more cool looking for example good actor's and some mini details that warframe don't have.  Or some new mechanic that game look modern.  Warframe just now how something like that.for example UI,pbr,cinematic and open world's. Look back and you cam see how new open world looks much better from POE.because it have more details on that big map. And look more back a the first on old maps that they are just look bad like some game from 2010years old. Fortuna looks like big company design and if we have all maps for all planets redesigned like fortuna. Then and only then,warframe would be what we need and what they deserve for so long. Comparison this game from new and then you can see what is my point... And warframe need to have some brand,because now his title is grinding and farming and that is just not good title name for commercial...

Part of Warframe’s style is “Super Hero Style”...sometimes awesomely simple and  graphic or simply Grand and ornate in design.

And remember, one of DE’s core values is broad-spectrum accessibility for play.

The MAINLINE update reflects this core value as much as it reflects skill improvement in core game design implementation.

Oh, and let’s not be fooled by micronized cosmetics.  

Newer engines can do some awesome stuff, but just wait until Fortuna hits before you bury Warframe next to your Atari 2600 Cartridge of “Tank” because it doesn’t meet your needs.

Warframe’s Style still dominates in terms of realized vision through execution.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Part of Warframe’s style is “Super Hero Style”...sometimes awesomely simple and  graphic or simply Grand and ornate in design.

And remember, one of DE’s core values is broad-spectrum accessibility for play.

The MAINLINE update reflects this core value as much as it reflects skill improvement in core game design implementation.

Oh, and let’s not be fooled by micronized cosmetics.  

Newer engines can do some awesome stuff, but just wait until Fortuna hits before you bury Warframe next to your Atari 2600 Cartridge of “Tank” because it doesn’t meet your needs.

Warframe’s Style still dominates in terms of realized vision through execution.

exactly De has been a pioneer into the way they took this into gaming community.  while all other developers are sitting around going me me me how will this tricking those suckers into supporting me.  De has been out there going lets go out there give them a high-quality game they want to play and just cross our fingers and hope they like it well enough to help us out.  and made a game that makes us want to buy platinum and packs to support them not the heavy fisted your gonna give us your money or else most other games take. it will take several years yet before any one changes thier thinking enough to really approach DE's willingness to support playerbase's ideas and requests untill then they wont need to worry about any real direct competion even with immitation games like Anthem

Edited by (PS4)Cargan2016

8 hours ago, isJBsi said:

When big budget studios are trying to make clones of your game. DE you rock!

What a joke of a comment. No one is making a clone of Warframe. And no, Anthem doesn't look like a Warframe clone. It's a mix of Destiny and Titanfall.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Yep, that was all I needed to see also, and quickly lost interest.  

you do know EA has little to no direct input in Anthem at this point.  they are just the publisher its completely a bioware game.  as long as Anthem doesnt casue alot of huge negative feedback EA isnt going to come in and start micromanaging things.  its much like how say Walmarts are all one big company but each individual store manager is given more or less free reighn to do what they like as long as they dont cause huge customer outcry.