Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know Warframe Has Done Something Incredibly Right...

isJBsi

3 hours ago, Ashley_Emeric said:

Anthem is being published by EA. Prepare to be disappointed.

yeah EA is publishing the game.  Not Developing it as a publisher they have little to no say in it.  Bioware is the developer.  Bioware has a long history of good storytelling in their games.  sooner that people quit judging it by the publisher that really only thing they have to do with it is put thier name on title screen the less likely that Ea will start trying to pokethier nose into BioWare's  business   trying to adjust something that hasnt even proven if it will work or not and likely leav it a compleat and horrid mess like they did with SWTOR

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

you do know EA has little to no direct input in Anthem at this point.  they are just the publisher its completely a bioware game.  as long as Anthem doesnt casue alot of huge negative feedback EA isnt going to come in and start micromanaging things.  its much like how say Walmarts are all one big company but each individual store manager is given more or less free reighn to do what they like as long as they dont cause huge customer outcry.

“They are just the publisher”...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

you do know EA has little to no direct input in Anthem at this point.  they are just the publisher its completely a bioware game.  as long as Anthem doesnt casue alot of huge negative feedback EA isnt going to come in and start micromanaging things.  its much like how say Walmarts are all one big company but each individual store manager is given more or less free reighn to do what they like as long as they dont cause huge customer outcry.

EA has a long history of screwing over it's customers going all the way back to before 2000.  I've been there to witness it all first hand.  So, I just might have a longer experience history to draw on for my dislike of EA.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

EA has a long history of screwing over it's customers going all the way back to before 2000.  I've been there to witness it all first hand.  So, I just might have a longer experience history to draw on for my dislike of EA.  

im well aware of EAs track history but as EA is publisher only for anthem they dont directly have hand in its development that record doesnt really aply with anthem

Just now, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

im well aware of EAs track history but as EA is publisher only for anthem they dont directly have hand in its development that record doesnt really aply with anthem

Ok, I see that you don't seem to get it.  The game could be the greatest in the world.  EA is the one who would be making most of the money and not the developers.  I'm not going to reward them for one game after being served $#it for years.  They proved a long time ago to me to not trust them, so I vote with my wallet.  

9 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Look back and you cam see how new open world looks much better from POE

Huuu? Open World in WF?

POE in WF it fells like a dead wasteland. There is nothing engaging you to say "OMG YES" to an "event" in POE or even something looking amazing.

Even Skyrim has a more active map (without mods).

Overall POE is a very bad concept to name it "open world", from my point of view if DE can't make Fortuna felling as a proper open world map they should stop trying the "open world" thing.

Edited by Zari2015

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

Doesn't stop them from pressuring and interfering with the developers.

Money talks, and Publishers have a lot of sway over their studios, because they can threaten to pull funding, or even have development studios closed down. Just ask Origin Systems, Westwood Studios, Bullfrog Productions, Maxis, Bioware Montreal (!), and Visceral Games. Oh wait, you can't. Because EA closed them all. Note that this isn't even a comprehensive list.

More details can be found here in the relevant folder. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ExecutiveMeddling/VideoGames

il y a 42 minutes, Corvid a dit :

How exactly has Warframe not changed in the past few years? Do the ongoing additions and refinements to the game's sandbox not count somehow?

Furthermore, how is something like Landscapes or Railjack not an evolution of the game?

What would it need to do to not be "stagnant" in your eyes? Details please, not just drivel like "Improve the Gameplay".

as i said im waiting for railjack and fortuna to see if all this waiting will actually pay off, as for the bolded part,no they dont count lol, they took an entire year to make PoE feel even close to an actual update, PoE one year later its what we should have gotten at release, and if with fortuna we'll get another empty map thatll only be barely enjoyable by railjack release, well then i truly hope railjack its the best thing in gaming in the last 5 years, cause if its just another archwing fiasco,  then itll be bye bye warframe for me and many others im sure, pretty sure a warframe replacement will release in the coming years, more so if anthem proves to be a good enough games despite EA.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Doesn't stop them from pressuring and interfering with the developers.

Money talks, and Publishers have a lot of sway over their studios, because they can threaten to pull funding, or even have development studios closed down. Just ask Origin Systems, Westwood Studios, Bullfrog Productions, Maxis, Bioware Montreal (!), and Visceral Games. Oh wait, you can't. Because EA closed them all. Note that this isn't even a comprehensive list.

More details can be found here in the relevant folder. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ExecutiveMeddling/VideoGames

Yep^. “Just a publisher”, lol

il y a 40 minutes, (PS4)Cargan2016 a dit :

thats just wishful thinking dude, publishers are never just publishers, specially when it comes to AAA games.

2 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:

as i said im waiting for railjack and fortuna to see if all this waiting will actually pay off, as for the bolded part,no they dont count lol, they took an entire year to make PoE feel even close to an actual update, PoE one year later its what we should have gotten at release, and if with fortuna we'll get another empty map thatll only be barely enjoyable by railjack release, well then i truly hope railjack its the best thing in gaming in the last 5 years, cause if its just another archwing fiasco,  then itll be bye bye warframe for me and many others im sure, pretty sure a warframe replacement will release in the coming years, more so if anthem proves to be a good enough games despite EA.

... You do realise this game's in beta (technically pre-alpha), right? Some degree of post-release fixing is to be expected in these scenarios. Expecting otherwise is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I, personally, was fine with PoE when it first launched. The novelty of it still hasn't worn off for me, simply because it's such a departure from what the rest of the game offers. That it continued to receive refinements over time only sweetened the deal. Besides, the last major change to the PoE-related systems was months ago, so I don't know where you're getting this "it took a year to become enjoyable" stuff from. Half a year at most, which is pretty impressive, given that this was their first attempt at an open-world.

il y a 16 minutes, Corvid a dit :

... You do realise this game's in beta (technically pre-alpha), right? Some degree of post-release fixing is to be expected in these scenarios. Expecting otherwise is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I, personally, was fine with PoE when it first launched. The novelty of it still hasn't worn off for me, simply because it's such a departure from what the rest of the game offers. That it continued to receive refinements over time only sweetened the deal. Besides, the last major change to the PoE-related systems was months ago, so I don't know where you're getting this "it took a year to become enjoyable" stuff from. Half a year at most, which is pretty impressive, given that this was their first attempt at an open-world.

bold letters: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH PRE ALPHA? tell that to tennocon.

that "beta" excuse has been around for years now, thats just bullS#&$ when a game its open for the public for 5 yeatrs its no longer a beta, dont blind yourself please, so if destiny and anthem had "beta" under their name and their copies were labeled as "early access keys" then they would be good games since they can be updated still?

when poe first launched it was novelty sure, for the 4 hours of content before it turned into a rinse and repeat or a fish farm, i said a year cause i didnt feel like checking exact dates, my point being that poe now its how it should have been released, even now at its point it seems like a base product, if what we had now we've had at release i would have been eager to wait for fortuna, but at release we got a S#&$ty open sandbox and for months on end thast what we had, one year later and how much diferent is the map from release? two cookie cutter bosses? reusable archwing charges ONE YEAR LATER? i honestly cant understand how people praise PoE, i get it DE its an indie studio, if PoE had released the way it is now, i would have been enternained i would have rekindled my love for DE for sure, but  not at the state it released, never in my life, free game or not have i seen an update as mediocre as plains of eidolon, the map is not even big enough to be called a #*!%ing sandbox let alon an open world, dont get me wrong, that was DE first foray into sandbox style, its the only reason im holding out  hope for fortuna, but dont come and pretend PoE was an awesome thing to have, cause even now its a boring mess, but at least feels complete now, thats all im asking for, for fortuna to be an actual update and feel like its own map, if we again get just the bones and sit waiting half a year for a piece of meat then im out. 

Edited by Lisztomaniac

Publishers are very rarely "just publishers". You want a good example? look no further than Dead Space 3. You know who developed it? Visceral, EA was "just the publisher". Yet somehow it still wound up being a microtransaction hellgate. EA, who remember are "just publishers" needed to sell 5 MILLION copies of the game for it to be a success. To absolutely nobody's surprise the game didn't sell the 5 million copies and ended up being a massive failure in EA's eyes who a few years later would shut Visceral down.

You want another example that doesn't include EA? Because almost ALL publishers are like this. Deus Ex Mankind Divided was developed by Eidos Montreal and when it was nearly ready to ship out, the "just publisher" Square Enix decided it was now a good a time as any to pump microtransactions into it, just for that little extra cash to squeeze out of the customer. The game wasn't even balanced for microtransactions, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody at Eidos even KNEW there were gonna be microtransactions until Square just sent them the memo a week before launch telling them to put them in. Now in all fairness I never played Deus Ex I'm not a fan and I find the games to be an absolute snore fest so I can't tell you from experience how bad the microtransactions are but word of mouth around the interwebz is that it was pretty bad, with stuff like extra items you could only redeem once, not once per savefile but just ONCE in your whole time with the game, and after that they vanished from your game along with your money and your dignity.

And this all goes without even mentioning that publishers are basically not needed anymore. There have been plenty of great games developed and released without publishers, hell I'd wager some of the BEST games, the real classics of their generation were released without publisher interference. They've somehow convinced most of the game industry that they're still relevant and that you can't have success without selling your soul to the corporate devil and then living with a noose around your neck like anything EA ever touches.

And by the heavens above let us not forget the absolute wild ride that was Call of Duty 4 Remastered. I won't tell the story because it'd take longer than the age of the universe to fully convey just how horrifyingly greedy and wholesomely corporate that whole situation was but there is AMPLE documentation out there that you can go take a look at if you want to get real angry.

Tl;dr: Publishers aren't "just publishers", they're the snakes of the game industry and need to be purged

5 hours ago, Lisztomaniac said:

bold letters: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH PRE ALPHA? tell that to tennocon.

Pre Alpha refers to any game that is not feature complete, or is still receiving changes to its core mechanics. Guess what Warframe's doing.

6 hours ago, Zari2015 said:

Huuu? Open World in WF?

POE in WF it fells like a dead wasteland. There is nothing engaging you to say "OMG YES" to an "event" in POE or even something looking amazing.

Even Skyrim has a more active map (without mods).

Overall POE is a very bad concept to name it "open world", from my point of view if DE can't make Fortuna felling as a proper open world map they should stop trying the "open world" thing.

Yea that whose my point, new fortuna open world is much better from POE and have much more details....and that there is big difference and that we need better change for old maps.

10 hours ago, Corvid said:

Well, they aren't. Less than 300 employees is pretty tiny as far as game studios go. They may be veterans of the industry, but that doesn't make them big.

you define how big a studio is from their budget. de has a quite massive budget for the single game they got. 

and 300 isnt tiny at all for a single game. 

2 hours ago, Zeclem said:

you define how big a studio is from their budget.

Since when? Last I checked, finances weren't the deciding factor for how large a studio is.

de has a quite massive budget for the single game they got.

Citation Needed.

and 300 isnt tiny at all for a single game.

Yes, it is, for a game of this scope. Most of the studios producing games like Destiny and Anthem are closer to 1000 employees.

DE are small, but they've managed to figure out a way to punch above their metaphorical weight.

Any sane individual knows just how terrible and disgusting EA is. If you don't, watch this fun video! 

Also, EA is notorious for shutting down entire companies because of their insane high demand, and working their employees under 19th century conditions. Don't believe me? Ask:

Maxis

Visceral 

Mythic

Bullfrog

Origin

Westwood

DreamWorks Interactive

Danger Close

EA Los Angeles

Phenomic

Black Box Games

Pandemic

PlayFish

NuFX

And eventually BioWare. 

"Why BioWare?" you ask. It's something that'll eventually happen, and I mean it. No company is safe from EA once they own it. 

So when people compare Anthem to Warframe, or EA to DE, I laugh. DE will out perform and out live them without a doubt, thanks to EA's terrible choices.