Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's the worst warframe

(XBOX)VIOLATER X

I have every frame formaed up and sortie ready and I forgot Vauban even existed.  The last time I played him was during the Evacuation event which was nearly two years ago.  Outside of special events, there isn't a really a need for non lethal crowd control and Vauban isn't even the best at that.  I'd put Nova and Nyx and probably a few others above him.

Some of the other frames people have mentioned are fun or have uses:

Wukong: can tank his own Kulstar spam

Hydroid:  Orokin color palette for golden showers.

Titania: gets to fly around and bump into doorframes.  Can be used to cheese some moon puzzles and MR tests.

Atlas: surprisingly effective against sentients and some bosses, also dress him up like Saitama and yell "One Puuuunch!" while you spam his 1.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

9 hours ago, Drftingcloud said:

Solo sortie Sargas Ruk.

Stealth frames don't work, he needs something to shoot at to open up weak spots.

Erm, I solo him all the time with Loki, just bring a status secondary with Radiation and shoot his minions then you can easily snipe his weakspots.

Back to topic, probably Atlas.

Hydroid. Not because the frame is bad, but how it's used 90% of the time. I have more fun jumping around and collecting loot when my friend kills everything so fast with OP melee than sitting in a corner waiting half hours for Hydroid to pile up kills and occasionally pick up loot. In both cases I'm Nekros. And I can mow down enemy groups just fine with my rivened Pyrana Prime and mutilate them for extra loot, but being alone isn't so fun. Glad I recently opened our clan's recruitment again and found people who appreciate fun more than meta.

"Worst" is a little subjective. To me, there's the weakest in relation to accomplishing missions, there's the worst internally designed (all factors affecting other factors within the Warframe) and there's the worst externally designed (Warframe's factors in relation to outside factors like levels, enemies etc). And I guess there's also just how fun a frame is, which I'm going to skip because that's entirely up to player preference.

I personally think the weakest frame is either Nyx or Vauban. The former because all of her abilities have either a very narrow scope (1, 4) deal pitiful damage (2). Chaos is a nice ability, though it doesn't guarantee Nyx's safety. With Vauban, he has a number of really useful skills (Bastion, Vortex) but a number of really outdated ones (Bounce, Tesla). Some of his abilities work counter-intuitively to one another or even work against themselves (charging a Tesla for guaranteed stun means the augment will rarely even hit any target). Ultimately, Vauban is a pure-CC frame in an environment where numerous other frames have passable CC and other beneficial features.

Internally designed, I feel that Wukong needs the most love. His 1 isn't work the energy, his 2 is useful but very situational, his 3 is very small and far too slow.

Externally designed, it's a tie between Loki and Trinity, both of whom kinda wreck gameplay in minor ways. Loki can erase all difficulty with a single button press with two different abilities (2 and 4). With 4, press a button and stick to a wall to prevent any counterattack. With 2, become nearly undetectable and void nearly any engagement throughout entire missions. Both of these skills are equally viable at any level. Trinity has the simple issue that with 2 she can turn 50 (or less) Energy into 100s of Energy with a single button press, completely trivializing Energy economy in the game, that factor that limits the battle-tilting power of Warframe abilities.

11 hours ago, Drftingcloud said:

Need to kill many things in the map?

Try this.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Mag/t_30_0302430030_1-4-10-6-6-5-14-7-5-34-8-5-46-0-5-55-1-5-411-3-9-498-2-3-615-9-5-860-5-5_46-11-55-6-498-9-411-8-1-7-860-4-6-11-14-9-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-10

Everything will have no armor after you use 4, then 3. All health bars turn red. Fracturing Crush augment at 160% power strength strips 80% armor, Polarize then strips the rest. Also buffs the hell out of your team mates' overshields so they basically never die if you spam this. Spammable with Zenurik. Also you basically never die, between your Crush CCing everything in a 34 meter radius and your ~1600 overshields every time you cast Crush. Throw on Adaptation if you want to be even more immortal, since the damage reduction from that works on shields.

Need to kill just that 1 thing?

Try this with a Lanka modded for w/e damage that thing is weak against.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Mag/t_30_0302432030_1-4-10-4-5-5-6-0-5-12-6-10-14-7-5-34-8-5-55-1-5-411-3-9-498-2-3-615-9-5_6-11-55-6-498-9-411-8-1-7-4-5-12-8-14-9-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-10

5.88x damage on anything you cast Magnetize on, shooting anywhere in a 6 meter radius around that enemy will hit it, aiming at top of magnetize bubble pretty much guarantees a headshot. Putting it into perspective, that's almost twice as potent as Rhino's Roar at the same power strength, and you get a built in semi-aimbot. I was 1 shotting the sortie Ambulas the other day when that came up. Just stand on top of a building at the edge of map and nothing even notices you. Need to take out a group of enemies? When magnetize bubble explodes, everything within 21 meters dies too if you've pumped enough shots into it. Left fracturing crush on the build for good measure, just in case you're fighting lvl 500 enemies you can remove 80% of their armor. Can always swap this out for Adaptation for more survivability.

Mag is insane if modded right/played correctly.

To be fair, I only said Mag because she felt the least useful to me when I first got into the game and I've never really felt she was strong enough.

I had Excalibur and he felt better in every way so I just stuck with him.

I even discarded Mag to clear space for Oberon when I only had limited slots early on.

I guess that's the great thing about Warframe; so much variety in specials, aesthetics etc...across the 30+ frames, that there is something for everyone.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

To be fair, I only said Mag because she felt the least useful to me when I first got into the game and I've never really felt she was strong enough.

I had Excalibur and he felt better in every way so I just stuck with him.

I even discarded Mag to clear space for Oberon when I only had limited slots early on.

For starting the game, Mag is definitely not a good choice since she don't be at her best until later on in the game while with Excalibur, he can be fine until you reached Excalibur Umbra. It's a Unbalanced difference between Excalibur and Mag for Starting the game.

8 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

For starting the game, Mag is definitely not a good choice since she don't be at her best until later on in the game while with Excalibur, he can be fine until you reached Excalibur Umbra. It's a Unbalanced difference between Excalibur and Mag for Starting the game.

Definitely...unbalanced heavily in favour of Excalibur if you are starting out.

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Tell a lie, I can do a full rotation of Mot easily with my Umbral Wukong. Given they're the most damaging enemies and that's a full rotation, I see no use for Defy.

For the stats he got from just Max Rank, that's pretty high damage being dealt without Defy. So i guess Defy is that useless then.

1 minute ago, VPrime96 said:

For the stats he got from just Max Rank, that's pretty high damage being dealt without Defy. So i guess Defy is that useless then.

To give you the rundown on what the build will be when finished, I have 760 armour from mods (Gladiator Aegis+Umbral Fibre), 2 Guardians (I'm using Life Strike in place of Grace) giving me a total of 1,960 armour basically permanently. That translates to ~86.7 DR.

Take that DR and apply it to my 1,250 health and you have an ehp of ~9,400. Not even remotely as high as frames like Mesa or Chroma, but combined with dodging, blocking and Life Strike, it's more than enough.

I haven't even had to lose my Damage build to do this either...

On 2018-10-29 at 4:12 PM, (XB1)VIOLATER X said:

Im curious as to how many people will agree with me and even disagree.

without a doubt in my mind, the most useless, underwhelming, energy hungry, no reward, lackluster, irrelevant frame i have ever used in my four+ years of playing this game is without a doubt "ball boy"

there is literally no situation i would want vauban

-lock down areas? Ill use korra, nidus, octavia

-Cc a whole map? Nyx, loki, volt, mag

-burn through all my energy in a few moments? Valkyr, vauban, and rev

-make a bouncy castle and be a plight to my team? Vauban

Ok maybe a few times but they're not good one's

I honestly used to believe there was a worst frame but the Plaguestar event made me realise that just because a frame isn't the best at everything doesn't make it crap for everything. So Plaguestar I started out running a speed Nova and had fun, then I just for clems and clemles I broke out my Titania who I used to LOATHE! Well frak me sideways with a rusty rake, with a radiation build on her pistols she's amazing at Plaguestar and the Plains in general, (not half bad for farming Necros parts either). But, and it's a big butt (see what I did there? Heh heh) I find her awful for just about everything else.

Then I finally settled down to do the defection nodes eventually (after sometime with Ember) with Goatboy, Oberon Prime. Again I HATED him with the red hot passion of an Orokin scorned; again I discovered he's amazing at keeping those NPC's who have clemclem for brains.

What I'm saying here is that I've stopped looking at frames as...characters where there's one true uber-frame. The One Frame to rule them, One Frame to Bind them yadda yadda. They're tools, and like with all tools they're each good for one particular thing, and somewhat useful for others. If I had to say an absolute worst, as in one I just don't enjoy playing, probably Nezha, his passive makes me feel like I have no control over him. But I imagine after a week dedicated to him I'll probably end up liking him too.

Am 29.10.2018 um 18:10 schrieb Sahansral:

This. He is really in weird spot at the moment. You can do some great tricks with Wukong, Vauban and Titania. Their concepts look ambitious (altough their implementations are lackluster). Hydroid on the other hand feels minimalistic, boring, unreliable ... just underwhelming (even with five forma and umbral mods).

Building Hydroid with Umbra mods, there is you problem. I on the other hand finr Wukong and Titania lackluster and boring, especially Titania, she is only played because of her 4, but let´s see how her rework is.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb wtflag:

Titania is one of the 3 best warframe for farming the plaguestar event.

I mean, that is a super niche advantage for a warframe, but her usefulness in plaguestar was enough to get me off my 🐵ss to complete the quest and get her.

Plaguestar is the most lucative event in warframe. Some would say the stalker acolyte events are the most lucative, but it is very RNG based so it differs from person to person. Also, you have to wait a long long time (1 year) for the mods to rise in price. All the event rewards in plaguestar are useful immediately.

But is someone playing Titania, ever using an ablitly except her 4? Her buffs are random and you don´t know what they do, only if you ask the wiki and her other abliites are bad cc, if you can even call it so.

20 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

But is someone playing Titania, ever using an ablitly except her 4? Her buffs are random and you don´t know what they do, only if you ask the wiki and her other abliites are bad cc, if you can even call it so.

thats a pretty bad argument, well in that case why not no frames use their 4? of course they wont be as effective *eye roll*  sure there is varying degrees and if there wasnt id be kind of worried. but titania still has a lot of cc without being in tiny fairy mode.

for cc She only needs to Press 1. her 2 and 3 is insult to injury and they are also pretty fun to use.

Vauban, def Vauban. He only has 1 good ability and all it does is cc.

Which has been established to not be as important in warframe atm compared to killing enemies. (Mainly since raids died)

Though Wukong also only has 1 thing, it is kinda better since tanking is higher up on the utility list than cc I feel.

@DeMonkey I love how I can always tell it's you because of that glyph, I think you're the only person I've seen both in game and on the forums to use that glyph.

1 hour ago, Madway7 said:

@DeMonkey I love how I can always tell it's you because of that glyph, I think you're the only person I've seen both in game and on the forums to use that glyph

What can I say, I'm speshul. :clem:

1 hour ago, (XB1)TwitchingFool0 said:

Gimme your build.

Hmm. IIRC, 3 Umbral mods, Gladiator Aegis/Resolve, Hunter Adrenaline, Primal Rage and Streamline. Plenty survivable, with more than enough damage.