Which frame to try?

Sigonnen

Question

Hello people, 

I have tried a few frames (Rhino, trinity, volt, limbo, loki, mesa, nekros) and although I generally enjoy support frames more, I am thinking of acquireing an AoE nuke frame that is mostly based on abilities and can clear a room in one go. Which frame would you guys suggest? 

Thanks! 

6 answers to this question

Volt can be modded to do room nuking, eg Range, and Strength, but dont completely dump on duration. 

General room nuking is Saryn. She's a pain to farm, unless you can get you're hands on a prime set for cheap. But she was and still is queen of kills and room nuking.

Equinox built for Maim. Strength is a dump stat here, it doesnt effect much in the long run for the Maim ability.

Ember.....used to be a room nuker. But, nowadays it requires a bit more setup and it still falls off around level 75-80. However, that fancy new Arbitration mode does save her with the 300% strength bonus, but thats assuming that round gives you that bonus.

Mesa can nuke rooms, but requires a hefty amount of forma both on herself and her regulators now.

Nova with the proper build can also room nuke, though in a slightly more convoluted manner. You have to have enough range to be able to get enemies deaths to detonate other enemies with Molevular Prime(her four), or make skilled use of her 2nd ability. Usually you pair the two together.

I have seen one instance of an Oberon room nuking, using his two. I believe the player was using the augment for it.

3 hours ago, Sigonnen said:

although I generally enjoy support frames more, I am thinking of acquireing an AoE nuke frame

tenor.gif

E.g. Oberon, Rhino, Mag (yay Counter Pulse), Capacitance Volt, Icy Avalanche Frost and Peaceful Provocation Equinox
can dish out mass damage (accompanied by decent to awesome CC) as well as provide Squad support just fine.

I still have a lot of fun with Saryn miasma build you get to spit on people and yell at them for it. Never played Ember but even after nerf it's pretty good as far as I've seen. I recently tried Nezha it's nice, not AoE though. Quake Banshee, (resonating quake augment) is good for AoE as well, you can have an alternate build for sonar is good for damage support or silence which I find good for defense missions.

Also I'd suggest giving Loki a try, it's very useful in more annoyinr mission types such as interception. A good radial disarm build can be very useful in a farm group in grineer and corpus missions etc.

Edited by Guest