Riven disposition

Lotus.slayer

i clearly  smell the nerf of riven dispsitions on weapons, you know its kidna crazy to see rivens go so far like rubico   less than 1k platinum. 

things that goes too epxensive in plats will be nerfed >>> i know it from my warframe expirience (not including primed chamber because its reward for mission and being loyal to game when it lanuched)

so question is, will this nerf/balance comes with fortuna update?

Who knows, DE will probably not do anything after the community has been pestering about this countless times. Most likely it will not come out before the melee 3.0 rework and when that happens who knows when. 

DE's riven system is their money maker and they're definitely going to think carefully about their decisions regarding it. They've driven themselves in a hole at this point with the lack of monitoring and oversight in their system. 

2 minutes ago, Omega said:

Who knows, DE will probably not do anything after the community has been pestering about this countless times. Most likely it will not come out before the melee 3.0 rework and when that happens who knows when. 

DE's riven system is their money maker and they're definitely going to think carefully about their decisions regarding it. They've driven themselves in a hole at this point with the lack of monitoring and oversight in their system. 

DE removed a "slot machine" they accidentally created after one guy spent about 200$ on rerolling his Kubrow fur pattern/color

Steve also said on his twitter they "dropped the ball" on riven dispositin changes but they will pick it up again

They won't nerf anything because of their arbitrary prices setup by players. They will probably nerf some Rivens because of their abusive stats though (Pyrana, Tiberon, Rubico for example).

Prices are going up and that's normal, that's the concept of inflation, they can't really control this through ups and nerfs.

Edited by Chewarette

21 minutes ago, twinsdid9.11 said:

will this nerf/balance comes with fortuna update?

Nobody can say for sure when this happens except DE.

I read somewhere on the Forums that DE plans on changing the Disposition but not for existing ones. A Gram Riven you got before this change will still be 5/5 after the change but any new one will have x/5 and if you trade a 5/5 Riven it will change to x/5.

If this is true I cannot say but it's a decent and rather easy solution to get back on track and not piss off player who have invested lots into their "god tier" Riven

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

3 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

DE removed a "slot machine" they accidentally created after one guy spent about 200$ on rerolling his Kubrow fur pattern/color

i have no idea why people link this incident to rivens..
now let me make it clear as glass:
what they removed was a slot machine implemented by DE.
rivens are by no means a slotmachine that DE implemented using platinum that is bought with real life money. The platinum part only enters the party through the player driven economy in which DE does not want to interfere.

now one can speculate if the removal of the slotmachine by a profit driven company that has to report to shareholders was a move that had the prevention of some community outcry or some other bad publicity in mind.
one can also speculate that the riven system turned out to be a cashcow for which the slotmachine intent can be denied because "it's the players doing it themselves"..

but comparing the removal of something that was willfully implemented by DE for whatever reason with something that is made by and for the community is very very far fetched...

20 minutes ago, twinsdid9.11 said:

i clearly  smell the nerf of riven dispsitions on weapons, you know its kidna crazy to see rivens go so far like rubico   less than 1k platinum. 

things that goes too epxensive in plats will be nerfed >>> i know it from my warframe expirience (not including primed chamber because its reward for mission and being loyal to game when it lanuched)

so question is, will this nerf/balance comes with fortuna update?

They may do a pass, but I really don't see how it change anything else it makes all poweful meta rivens obsolete. People will still want that stat boost for their Lanka, even if it's not as crazy as it one was.... As long as it's a boost.

before riven introducing was there anything  or any item  which costed 3k-5k plat.?  no not joking just for 1 riven you are paying 200$ mostly and 50$ if you get 75% discount . to think about it sounds like madness. 

last time i remember buzzkill and sweeping serration were that kind of stuff when they costed like700-1k plat. and after baro[DE] just released them . 

no item should go in such price in warframe IMO 

20 minutes ago, kuchn said:

i have no idea why people link this incident to rivens..
now let me make it clear as glass:
what they removed was a slot machine implemented by DE.
rivens are by no means a slotmachine that DE implemented using platinum that is bought with real life money. The platinum part only enters the party through the player driven economy in which DE does not want to interfere.

now one can speculate if the removal of the slotmachine by a profit driven company that has to report to shareholders was a move that had the prevention of some community outcry or some other bad publicity in mind.
one can also speculate that the riven system turned out to be a cashcow for which the slotmachine intent can be denied because "it's the players doing it themselves"..

but comparing the removal of something that was willfully implemented by DE for whatever reason with something that is made by and for the community is very very far fetched...

5 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Well that's just it. Is a Riven mod actually a boost on a low disposition weapon compared to an alternative mod slot?

Some will still be and those rivens will become even MORE expensive and sought after.

And if disposition makes it so the lowest tier weapons outdo meta without rivens easily, then suddenly you have people offering insane prices for those 800+ damage karak riven that turn them into rapid fire Eidelons killers.

People don't chase and buy meta rivens because they just happen to like that weapon, they do it because of power. Wherever that new power combo goes that same amount of plat will go after it... As long as it's rare.

17 minutes ago, twinsdid9.11 said:

before riven introducing was there anything  or any item  which costed 3k-5k plat.?

Yes. Sure.

I once saw a guy in the forums trying to sell a single item for 12000 plats, although I do not know if he managed to find a buyer.

25 minutes ago, twinsdid9.11 said:

before riven introducing was there anything  or any item  which costed 3k-5k plat.?

Certain Arcanes were crazy expensive back when they were dropped in Trials.

33 minutes ago, twinsdid9.11 said:

before riven introducing was there anything  or any item  which costed 3k-5k plat.?  no not joking just for 1 riven you are paying 200$ mostly and 50$ if you get 75% discount . to think about it sounds like madness. 

last time i remember buzzkill and sweeping serration were that kind of stuff when they costed like700-1k plat. and after baro[DE] just released them . 

no item should go in such price in warframe IMO 

Arcane sets. Ember and Frost sets. Arcane Helmets. 

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

It lasted for years until Specter of the Rails. DE began making changes that made the game much easier since then.

Going forward, rivens are practically the only thing left as well as energize that hold high values like that. 

Fortuna might actually bring an increase in arcane prices if more people start to hunt w/e new eidolon appears for their arcanes and less focus on PoE eidolons.

@twinsdid9.11

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

52 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

cool, thx for posting this.
i yet have to find any link to the kubrow thing in your post and i yet have to find any reason to compare the two cases.
if your mission was to invalidade my post by posting something that is not in any form related to what i wrote, it has yet to be successful.

2 minutes ago, kuchn said:

cool, thx for posting this.
i yet have to find any link to the kubrow thing in your post and i yet have to find any reason to compare the two cases.
if your mission was to invalidade my post by posting something that is not in any form related to what i wrote, it has yet to be successful.

that anecdote about the kubrow fur pattern change for plat was meant to show that DE are no scumbags and actually care for their playerbase

12 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

that anecdote about the kubrow fur pattern change for plat was meant to show that DE are no scumbags and actually care for their playerbase

i agree that they care about their playerbase consumers. any company would.
and yet i still fail to grasp what the kubrow thing has to do with rivens and why people have the idea that it is legit to draw any parallels.

i suggest you read again what i wrote, because it seems that there is some misunderstanding.
my post was explicitly saying that it is absolute nonsense to compare the kubrow thing with rivens because:
kubrow fur thing was a platinum slotmachine by DE
and
rivens are something implemented by DE which was turned into a platinum slotmachine by the playerbase. hence there is no reason why DE should feel responsible for it.

besides:
Shareholder conference:
DE: "year 20xx was a great success. by removing something the players turned into a slotmachine we made a part of the consumer base more happy with our product"
Chickencorp: " great, sounds good. On your report i saw that you lost double digits in revenue, how about that?"
DE: " oh yes, that... well we figured that we were willing to go down that road"
Chickencorp: "seriously?! well, how do you plan to handle the upcoming job vacancies?"

1 hour ago, kuchn said:

i agree that they care about their playerbase consumers. any company would.
and yet i still fail to grasp what the kubrow thing has to do with rivens and why people have the idea that it is legit to draw any parallels.

i suggest you read again what i wrote, because it seems that there is some misunderstanding.
my post was explicitly saying that it is absolute nonsense to compare the kubrow thing with rivens because:
kubrow fur thing was a platinum slotmachine by DE
and
rivens are something implemented by DE which was turned into a platinum slotmachine by the playerbase. hence there is no reason why DE should feel responsible for it.

besides:
Shareholder conference:
DE: "year 20xx was a great success. by removing something the players turned into a slotmachine we made a part of the consumer base more happy with our product"
Chickencorp: " great, sounds good. On your report i saw that you lost double digits in revenue, how about that?"
DE: " oh yes, that... well we figured that we were willing to go down that road"
Chickencorp: "seriously?! well, how do you plan to handle the upcoming job vacancies?"

Rivens were implemented as one big slot machine, players didn't make it as such. And it's not hard to predict the prices go up in good weapon rivens with high disposition and good roll. Two factor, how good the item is, and how rare it is, make up the price. Degradation of item power also affects the price and it was supposed to be prone to degradation through riven disposition changes but since those didn't come, prices kept climbing.

If DE is gonna change disposition the way @GnarlsDarkley said here above, and say it beforehand in public, all good and popular weapon riven prices will rise until the disposition change, even the trash rolls, and noticeably so. But they will drop once the disposition change is through. A good way for DE to avoid backlash and keep the other side happy.

35 minutes ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

Rivens were implemented as one big slot machine, players didn't make it as such. And it's not hard to predict the prices go up in good weapon rivens with high disposition and good roll. Two factor, how good the item is, and how rare it is, make up the price. Degradation of item power also affects the price and it was supposed to be prone to degradation through riven disposition changes but since those didn't come, prices kept climbing.

If DE is gonna change disposition the way @GnarlsDarkley said here above, and say it beforehand in public, all good and popular weapon riven prices will rise until the disposition change, even the trash rolls, and noticeably so. But they will drop once the disposition change is through. A good way for DE to avoid backlash and keep the other side happy.

Yes, Rivens were implemented as a slot machine but the platinum component, as i mentioned at least twice before, was brought in by the playerbase. you do not need platinum for rivens and the entire process revolving around rivens by design. of course it was predictable but all we can do is to assume that DE predicted the outcome it would have on the economy and therefore platinum transactions. "assume" because we have no information that indicates such.
The kubrow thing, on the other hand, was directly implemented by DE and therefore DE would have to take direct responsibility for the platinum component involved.
the small but important difference here is the question of accountability and responsibility. with the kubrow slotmachine DE had no way to delegate the responsibility of the platinum component to a third party (like they can with the rivens -> community made ingame economy) and would therefore have to take the full responsibility in case there would be an outcry, which would lead to creating a dent in the "we care so much about the community and our losers / users"-image their marketing created so successfully. this is not at all the case with rivens.

other than that i agree to the rest of your post and what @GnarlsDarkley wrote.

i simply state the point that the kubrow thing and rivens are not to compare at all.

Edited by kuchn