Endgame Frames?

(XBOX)Wazzup bruhhh

Question

What are some good frames for doing long solo survival runs and keeping up life support? I usually like using frames that are tanky or can go invisible. The current frames i use right now to get to 90+ minutes are nidus(personal favourite), inaros, rhino, and loki. I also heard that nekros is good for consistent life support drops but i still get killed even with the 90% damage reduction from shield of shadows and 3 health conversion stacks and i dont like octavia, saryn, and ivara since they seem like boring frames.

16 answers to this question

You might not think it, but Excalibur is extremely good at survival. His unforgiving offense means you can cut down the enemies before they can do any real harm. Paired with Life Strike on his Egg Blade, he's got a full heal always available. You can slap on Quick Thinking+Rage if you don't trust your skills, or you can go all the way and use Guardian Arcanes, Quick Thinking+Rage, Adaptation, and full armor. Using the full tank setup, you'll be taking like ~2% damage from incoming attacks.

for Endurance(solo)

UBER GOD TIER:  Octavia

God Tier: Ivara, Mag 

Top Tier: Nidus, Nezha, Nekros, Ash, Inaros

Good: Volt, Excal, Oberon, Saryn, Wukong, Valkyr

Team:

UBER GOD TIER: Octavia

God Tier: Nekros, Nezha, Banshee, Mag, Equinox

Top Tier: Volt, Excal, Limbo, Oberon, Chroma, Saryn

Good: Rhino, Frost, Nidus(less stacks) 

List I made on a reddit post

2 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

for Endurance(solo)

UBER GOD TIER:  Octavia

God Tier: Ivara, Mag 

Top Tier: Nidus, Nezha, Nekros, Ash, Inaros

Good: Volt, Excal, Oberon, Saryn, Wukong, Valkyr

Team:

UBER GOD TIER: Octavia

God Tier: Nekros, Nezha, Banshee, Mag, Equinox

Top Tier: Volt, Excal, Limbo, Oberon, Chroma, Saryn

Good: Rhino, Frost, Nidus(less stacks) 

List I made on a reddit post

Wouldnt nidus be god tier because he has great cc, damage, and basically immortality?

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

Wouldnt nidus be god tier because he has great cc, damage, and basically immortality?

you could consider that. 

But around the 3hour mark his DPS falls off extremly if you dont have a weapon like Pox or Torid.

If you bring such a weapon, he is indeeed God Tier

3 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

you could consider that. 

But around the 3hour mark his DPS falls off extremly if you dont have a weapon like Pox or Torid.

If you bring such a weapon, he is indeeed God Tier

How does pox or torid affect Nidus and who would do a 3 hour survivsl lol

You can go lvl 300+ / 2h+ with most of the frame roster. Some can do it more elegantly than others and some are faction limited.

Two of the harder ones I recall were Banshee and Ember. That's not a smooth ride and that was before they nerfed Ember's 4th.

Personally I don't see a reason to use Excal anymore, Excal Umbra pretty much wins in every way but he's a solid ~50k eHP killer, esp if you mod him to be more melee oriented instead of a turret. His Slash Dash can break 1 mil per enemy easy and it's a lot more fun than sitting behind a box shooting out energy waves.

Trinity and Nova are two that might surprise you. Trinity can be an utter monster of a tank while also 100% stripping enemy armor. Nova can be more durable than Chroma while also being more agile and having better synergy options.

Mesa is amazing though more of an armored turret than a brawler and Wukong of course can't die unless he catches massive energy drain. Of course Ash is worth a look if you like Invis frames. When it comes to your problem with Nekros I'm willing to bet your Sentinel died. That's his biggest crutch unfortunately. He pretty much requires Vacuum. Personally I wouldn't recommend Octavia to anymore, she's one of the worst frame designs I've seen, she's boring and broken.

• Others, don't forget Nidus has a Multiplicative Power Strength Buff. Linking a Banshee, Octavia or similar frame in a team comp is ridiculous.

I would also like to give a bit of recognition to Khora. She has excellent lockdown capabilities, enough oomph that se can take hits, and a truly incredible AoE DPS. Pair that with the double cats for sustain and armour strip and she does some pretty good work even at lv 220 or so (last test was without adaptation on a Corpus Axi Fissure, without using an Healer Specter). 

Banshee is also very hard to pull off but incredibly satisfying. You need to be on your toes at all times tho. 

Also, Equinox Night can take some incredible amount of punishment. She also acts as a mobile Nova and can sleep cc the whole arena via augment (yes you can fit it all :D) 

Edited by Autongnosis

7 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

1. Best Armor strip ingame

2. People who want a Challenge in this game 

Oh... no wonder my clan mate keep asking for where to pox and was doing so much reasearch on it

Tbh I would actually like to do a 3 hour void fissure mission now since you said it is a challenge LOL looks like I need to farm relics now

Edited by kamyung

33 minutes ago, kamyung said:

Oh... no wonder my clan mate keep asking for where to pox and was doing so much reasearch on it

Tbh I would actually like to do a 3 hour void fissure mission now since you said it is a challenge LOL looks like I need to farm relics now

ye Pox is probably one of the best Secondaries in the game 🙂

But dont be surprised if you dont last that long, you need high Kills per Second to survive that long

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

You can go lvl 300+ / 2h+ with most of the frame roster. Some can do it more elegantly than others and some are faction limited.

Two of the harder ones I recall were Banshee and Ember. That's not a smooth ride and that was before they nerfed Ember's 4th.

Personally I don't see a reason to use Excal anymore, Excal Umbra pretty much wins in every way but he's a solid ~50k eHP killer, esp if you mod him to be more melee oriented instead of a turret. His Slash Dash can break 1 mil per enemy easy and it's a lot more fun than sitting behind a box shooting out energy waves.

Trinity and Nova are two that might surprise you. Trinity can be an utter monster of a tank while also 100% stripping enemy armor. Nova can be more durable than Chroma while also being more agile and having better synergy options.

Mesa is amazing though more of an armored turret than a brawler and Wukong of course can't die unless he catches massive energy drain. Of course Ash is worth a look if you like Invis frames. When it comes to your problem with Nekros I'm willing to bet your Sentinel died. That's his biggest crutch unfortunately. He pretty much requires Vacuum. Personally I wouldn't recommend Octavia to anymore, she's one of the worst frame designs I've seen, she's boring and broken.

• Others, don't forget Nidus has a Multiplicative Power Strength Buff. Linking a Banshee, Octavia or similar frame in a team comp is ridiculous.

How would 50k ehp on excal umbra be possible?

Anyone here can tell me how Djinn interacts with Regeneration?

About Banshee and team support: Im not doing survival runes, only arbitrations, and we had a Banshee, on a small map, sitting in the middle with a invis kubrow and permastaggering the whole enemies on the map. It wasnt about power or killing stuff, level was basically unimportant. As long as it wasnt immune to be staggered, it was locked down and killed by the rest of the group eventually. Nullis were quickly dispatched.

Edited by Fiewel

3 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

ye Pox is probably one of the best Secondaries in the game 🙂

But dont be surprised if you dont last that long, you need high Kills per Second to survive that long

I'll most likely host a squad so no host migration cause I have a good internet now and no more host migration and I would most likely ask at least a despoil Nekros and a Saryn or banshee prime with most likely a rhino boost and so we would be flooding in life support cause we are most likely to be campers in a corner with me spamming 1 and 2

My choice for longer survivals are Octavia. By long, I mean 1 hour because I get bored. Sure I like Ivara, Nova and Nezha is becoming one of my favorites, but I'll choose Octavia first for survival.

I take Octavia in for Arbitration survival and assuming there's enough enemy spawns solo then I have no issues killing. 3 for buffs, 1 and 4 for killing. I never use 2 for survival unless I hit it by accident. Although my best Arbitration survivals are against Corpus. I can keep life support up more against that faction for some reason. I only have 1 screenshot from the hour I made it, but I stopped because it was almost 3am.

gGm4VGQ.jpg

9 hours ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

How would 50k ehp on excal umbra be possible?

Two Guardian sets and QT + P. Flow. I should have mentioned that's from the front with his auto Parry.

About 46k from the front but 18k from the back.

Adaptation might be of value. There's some variant builds I've not tried yet.

I haven't messed with Umbra much. I just compared eHP between him and Excal Prime with the build I was using and cried for Founders. In spite of popular belief you dont "have" to hit 180% Power Strength with him to get 100% status or near. I use mostly Defensive mods with a 60/60 on the weapon to compensate.

In the past Excal had no problems killing even without Chromatic Blade but when that mod came it slanted him so far towards damage output you could put all Defensive mods on and still not make full use of his damage output before dying. Since Umbra his Damage output Vs Intake is a bit more balanced.