Spy Sortie tip and yet another MR means nothing thread

Uranus Spy Sortie.

Me (Khora) and random two Ivaras (MR 12 and 20).
As soon as the mission starts, I just rush to vault A and do my thing. One Ivara goes to vault B and the other to vault C. Nothing wrong there... until they start taking too long.
I get to vault B and Ivara is invisible, but she doesn't know what to do/where to go. I'm like "Okay, I'll do it".
Then I get to vault C (underwater vents), and the other Ivara got lost in the ducts. Again, I hack the vault and mission complete.

I had another similar situation in a Earth Spy Sortie, but it was only me and a loki. Loki didn't know what to do and spent 3~4min walking in circles inside the same vault.

It's almost getting to the point that whenever I see a stealth frame in a spy sortie, I automatically assume they suck.

Seriously, frames that go invisible DO NOT insta-win a spy mission for you.
If you don't know how to hack the vaults, tell your team, instead of entering the vault and wasting everyone's time.
A stealth frame won't magically tell you how to do each vault or allow you to walk through walls. You gotta learn it some time, preferably on private matches, please.

inb4: "Just play solo"
I like helping people in spy sorties, mainly when they actually tell me they don't know how to do it.

TL;DR: Bringing a stealth frame to a spy sortie without knowing how to hack the vaults can be a waste of time in public matches.

Not telling your team that you don't know how to hack the vault and staying near the door of that specific vault can be a massive waste of time**

Frame choice is eh, but just staying beside the vault and "Claiming" it as your own when you can't do it makes for a messy confusion issue when I'm a thousand miles away and I don't want to screw someone else's tempo by rushing in gun blazin' on his minimap so I decide to casually walk my way there.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

What about the ones that uses Loki and rush into the Vault you are in to trigger the alarm on you or Players that uses a Frame that’s useful for Spy but fail a Vault so you would fail your Spy Sortie? At least with the ones you mentioned, they try to fiqure out where to go.

I do have a hard time with kuva fortress spy’s, but I’ll still try them in a sortie. It’s realy the only time I’ll practice it honestly.

so long as I don’t alarm it I won’t cost my team anything. That’s what Loki is for. The rest of the spy’s are easy but I still Loki it. His 1 and 3 let you bipass a lot.

i don't want to sound like a $&*^. but how are they supposed to learn to do them if they don't try.. 

i personally avoid spy missions. pretty much the only time i do it is when its kuva missions or sortie. 

Edited by Makunogo

My normal reaction. 

"oh God a spy on first sortie" *switch to solo*

If uranus :

"Oh God uranus spy sortie" *switch to solo*

If kuva:

"Oh God kuva spy sortie" *switch to solo*

NOTE :

this is only if I don't have a squad already formed (public or otherwise) if the spy is on 2nd or 3rd sortie I usually tell the squad to stay out if they don't know what to do and they comply. 

First sortie tends to bring all the chat deaf and non attentive and non responsive players to my squad 8/10 times who trigger an alarm then extract, they don't even stay to try again, so that is usually a solo irrespective of where it is. 

People who finish the first sortie usually know what they are about so I attempt it once on pub, and if I still have the same problems I explain the situation and try again with same squad, if I still have the problem I leave the squad after a stern "please listen to people before you rush into a sortie, your bull in a China shop loki isn't helping " and go solo. 

I don't do Spy missions often, so it might take a minute to regather the "Secret path" to the console, but for the most part it doesnt take that much time, the only hard ones for me was the moon spy. But I aslo tend to solo spy missions all together, cause if the alarm gets tripped its all on me. And no butt hurt players who apparently dont understand that people make mistakes or are just trolls to be trolls

Nothing more stupid than assumung that a frame designed for x task automatically mean its user suck at x task. Its so freaking backwards. But then again, one more time, if you pug spy - or any other fast mission - it means only one thing, youre looking to get carried. It doesnt matter what you play, just people nirmallt play what gives them an advantage in the mission. Capable players solo spy. Incapable pug it. Most of both groups use some forum of stealth

Edited by -Temp0-

Even better when an ivara S#&$s on you at mission Start for Running Inaros/Nidus/Rhino only to then have to admit that she cant do the vaults while you do all Three.

Sadly, i have yet to see a lua spy, those would be lovely in pug ^^

Edited by Eisdschungel

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)Shad0wfire99:

The best Warframe advice I've ever gotten was to just solo spy Sorties.  Changed my outlook on Sorties entirely.

Nothing i can add to this anymore. After this post there shouldnt even be any posts other then saying "totally agreed"

Spy sortie tip.... 

uranus underwater duct room:

Spoiler

Choose right duct. Wait till no high current flowing. Destroy the boxes at the corner of the turbine while moving towards it. Go up. And destroy the boxes on the other turbine. Go to the hole and proceed to move toward the water landing platform (be careful of the laser). Your objective now is to move to the hole on the other side (be careful of the moving wall) use ivara’s wire, titania butterfly or loki teleport to cheese. Once there you’re now on the hacking room.. just drop down and hack

uranus lift in the middle room:

Spoiler

if you bring any silent weapon destroy the 2 pipes end on the left wall. once water is filled up, face the wall that have the other 2 pipes end and destroy those. Once water filled up even more, face another wall that have the other 2 pipes end and destroy those. Once water filled up go up through the hole on the wall that has laser grid on them (go in only when the laser is off). Jump from there to the middle floor to hack.

uranus lots of big pipe room:

Spoiler

kill the guard infront of the door.. or not.. it really is up to you. Jump up to the ceiling there is a hole there. go to the end of that small room be careful of the laser grid. destroy the air duct cover. Follow that path. Now you’re on the other ceiling with 2 laser grid on it. Go to the end of that room (be careful of the 2laser grid). Destroy the other air duct cover. Follow the path. You’re now in the hacking room with two guards on it. Kill them or not... it really is up to you. Hack the console

these are my path....there are many path you can choose. 

bringing any frame to any spy mission without wanting to learn to explore all alternative paths wont help you in the future

i'm a player that like to play with ivara

ps: if you're wondering why i post this tips here, its because someone who said he/she like to help others in spy sortie made a thread about spy tips but doesn't really give us one. he/she does give me a good idea from a frame though... a frame that walk through wall..

Edited by novalery

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PS4)iQuedas:

TL;DR: Bringing a stealth frame to a spy sortie without knowing how to hack the vaults can be a waste of time in public matches.

Bringing a stealth frame any frame to a spy sortie without knowing how to hack the vaults can be a waste of time in public matches.

FTFY

4 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Don't worry, eventually DE will casualize the experience and make spy missions a single button press. Easy mode like everything else in this game now.

i can solve corpus T3 ciphers in my sleep, and the grineer ones are basically rhythm minigames. if by "casual" you mean "abstract games" you're pretty much spitting on tetris and all the other abstract goodstuff that came before. the problem is that they're all the same and that by the time you actually get to do sorties, they're only formalities in terms of relative skill. given that, in sorties they should only be active in case you've triggered the alarm, as punishment+hindrance.

though if i had any say i'd introduce a roto-jigsaw for grineer spy consoles and a mini-sudoku for the corpus ones. or maybe even a complete game of freecell, if you think those aren't steep enough either.

Just now, ChaosSabre said:

Problem is a lot of players don't know how to do those. I so miss Lua spy missions in sorties. The amount of salt people had for not being able to do those was amazing.

wish we had more vaults like the ones on lua. i feel like a purer parkour/spatial awareness challenge would be more apt than a simple "try not to get seen by the patrolling cameras" kind of deal that we already have.

10 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

inb4: "Just play solo"
I like helping people in spy sorties, mainly when they actually tell me they don't know how to do it.

then why are you throwing them in the deep end of Sorties? the vaults are the same layout at every level, only difference is more or less lasers. if you want to help them you should be taking them to the regular spy missions and explaining to them how to do it there. it's a much easier environment with less pressure on the newbies than risking a Sortie mission on it. when in doubt, just tell them to wait outside the vault, and if they want to learn the vaults, offer to show them after you've done the Sorties. 

8 hours ago, Makunogo said:

i don't want to sound like a $&*^. but how are they supposed to learn to do them if they don't try.. 

By taking some time to run spy missions in the starchart? 2 or 3 matches should be enough to find multiple routes in each vault for that faction, and if they fail a vault, they won't ruin the mission for everyone.