Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teammate Appreciation: Frames you enjoy having along

Conflux59

I've come to value players bringing certain frames that I don't play myself (or very rarely play) into public matches for a plethora of reasons, as well as times where I just.. haven't seen anythone playing that frame in forever.  Sometimes it makes a match much more interesting just having those seldom seen abilities thrown around, and sometimes it's how a player may be using that frame to help the group.

Maybe it's simply the variety, but nonetheless it's something I noticed and I was curious if anyone else felt the same and had any appreciation/stories to share.

For example ...I know Titanias kit needs attention, but it's always nice seeing/hearing them buzzing around.  I've had my bacon saved at the last moment a few times... just when I thought I'm going down and teammates were nowhere to be seen... a little pixie goes flying by.  Thank you to the mini frames quietly kicking a**

Same with booben and booben players... he seems so rare in matches these days, but I appreciate having his abilities on the team.

This is going to sound weird but i enjoy having a Limbo during SO or ESO; specifically a min range max duration limbo. Pop a cataclysm and i can go in whenever i need energy, to reload or to heal. They may not be able to do tons damage but boy are they useful supports.

Another one i enjoy seeing in any mission is Wukong, it's always nice to see that undying monkey king in action with a staff twice the size of an orthos prime flailing around killing things. He needs some love but he still fun to use/team up with.

I really breathe a sigh of relief when I’m running a long excavation/defense for relics, and a Limbo pops up. Some people hate him but dear VOID is he a god send in my eyes.

Another one I enjoy is Banshee. Not ‘press 4 to win’ Banshee, but the good ol’ Sonar and silence. Gets me going knowing I’ll be able to hunt down my enemies and take them by surprise. Just synergizes well.

I try being that player who brings the rarer frames to the field, I also play with someone who's meta dependant, so I gladly go and experiment knowing that if my testing falls flat, they can carry.

I do like seeing other support frames going around, loki's playing around in the middle of firefights, Nezha's sharing their buffs, Octavia and Harrow doing whatever they do..

But my thing, is for being around damage dealers and tanks. I say kudos to those guys, from my point of view, they've got the more stressful role. At least from my experience playing as one.

Oh, what happened to all the trinity players there used to be, by the way?

The Limbo comments make sense and I agree, limbo can be a 'catch a breath' moment.  I'm still undecided on if I enjoy them using cataclysm on defense missions when there's a Frost or defensively played Gara on the team when they have their abilities up already, but still yes very much limbo can be a nice break.

I should also say the same for Frosts though... when I happen to see them outside Defense using snowglobe in a well chosen spot and you know it's more for the team to take a moment than for anything selfish.  ESO included.

You just made me realize... I've actually never played with any banshee that hasn't been the '4 to win' version... at least that I can remember  o_o wow.

Harrow's an underappreciated frame imo.  Another rare right, especially one that's played well but when they're around... that team is so well off

Edited by Conflux59

I'm simple man: i have Trinity spaming energy restoration or Nova slowing down everything in range - i'm a happy man.
Also i secretly like people who oneshot eidolon limbs. Part of me hates them, because i'm basically an asset to them, but hey - good grinding is good frinding...

6 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

I try being that player who brings the rarer frames to the field, I also play with someone who's meta dependant, so I gladly go and experiment knowing that if my testing falls flat, they can carry.

I do like seeing other support frames going around, loki's playing around in the middle of firefights, Nezha's sharing their buffs, Octavia and Harrow doing whatever they do..

But my thing, is for being around damage dealers and tanks. I say kudos to those guys, from my point of view, they've got the more stressful role. At least from my experience playing as one.

Oh, what happened to all the trinity players there used to be, by the way?

I'm the same myself... the meta isn't for me, at least not when I'm just wanting to have fun and not be too serious.  (I'm one of those Loki's lol)

Tank/cc frames like Inaros doing their job unselfishly... like blinding and moving on for allies to kill, trapping and marking enemies for allies to consume for health, and actually utilizing Scarab Swarm for the team instead of attempting to nuke with sandstorm constantly is so nice to have on a team.

27 minutes ago, Conflux59 said:

Harrow's an underappreciated frame imo.  Another rare right, especially one that's played well but when they're around... that team is so we'll off

The thing about being Support in this game is it’s easier to Support while your Team is doing their thing (like Night Equinox or Trinity Prime) but with Harrow, you Support while doing what you want to do:

1. Wanting to take damage to hive the Team a Crit buff.

2. Wanting to chain the enemies up to build up Shields so you can help in Hijacks or increasing the Duration of your Life Steal buff.

3. Wanting to kill enemies to give your Team energy.

4. Wanting to damage or kill enemies to give the Team Lifesteal.

He’s the opposite of other Support Frames which can passively help (Equinox can give the Team OverShields, Heal them, and put enemies to Sleep, Trinity have two ways to heal the Team, give them Energy and a 75% DR, while giving herself 75% DR.) so there would most likely be more Harrow Players playing Solo than in a Team which is weird for a Support focused Frame.

Edited by VPrime96

Trinity bby where you at?! I appreciate Trinity so much, especially since I favor energy hungry frames.

Others are:

Harrow (cc + invince (when I'm not playing him ;p))

Frosty (in defense, bubble <3)

Banshee (show me the weak!)

Nyx (cc helps :D)

Nidus

Loot Daddys Hydroid and Nekros

However, i don't mind playing with any frames other than Mesa or Excal.

15 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

The thing about being Support in this game is it’s easier to Support while your Team is doing their thing (like Night Equinox or Trinity Prime) but with Harrow, you Support while doing what you want to do:

1. Wanting to take damage to hive the Team a Crit buff.

2. Wanting to chain the enemies up to build up Shields so you can help in Hijacks or increasing the Duration of your Life Steal buff.

3. Wanting to kill enemies to give your Team energy.

4. Wanting to damage or kill enemies to give the Team Lifesteal.

He’s the opposite of other Support Frames which can passively help (Equinox can give the Team OverShields, Heal them, and put enemies to Sleep, Trinity have two ways to heal the Team, give them Energy and a 75% DR, while giving herself 75% DR.) so there would most likely be more Harrow Players playing Solo than in a Team which is weird for a Support focused Frame.

Well said and I agree.  Playing him in a support role means you'd be extremely active... which is probably why I appreciate having him around in an odd way...  if the player is decent with him, chances are they're going to help the group significantly in some form

11 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

I lol'd at this because I can empathize XD I mean... not all players play them badly and I've been in a very select few groups where players actually use buttons 1-3 ... but instead of saying something negative I'll leave it by saying I 'appreciate' those players a good amount.

39 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

Trinity bby where you at?! I appreciate Trinity so much, especially since I favor energy hungry frames.

I love having a Trinity in ESO since you can get barely any Energy Orbs there and i normally use a Power Strength heavy, Energy Hungry Valkyr Prime as a Tanky Melee Buffer (giving myself and the Team a 107% more Attack Speed and Armor buff). I do use Hunter Adrenaline but sometimes, i play with Equinox and Saryn/Prime which nule a whole room in a instant so i won’t be taking that much damage sometimes. So Trinity can keep my Energy high so getting hit matters less.

Sometimes, i find a Mesa that kills everything she see with her Regulators and the ones that tries to play the game normally. There’s only one kind you would revive the most times. Excalibur is very obvious with what he’s going to do unless he’s being used by a new Player.

Everyone who knows me on the Forums knows my preferred frame, but for those that don't, I play a lot of Zephyr. When I'm not playing Zephyr, I bring something actually appropriate for the mission, but just as good at creating their own pace to work with the enemy, like Loki (stealth and disarm) or Frost (bubbles and frozen things).

So what I like to see, when I'm playing Zephyr, is people who also like to play at their own pace. Oberons throwing down a garden and tending to it in the same way as elderly American's in the south with their shotguns ready for intruders, Frosts on Defense content to bubble up and never let a single enemy cross that line, Rhino players who just want to walk around and face-tank everything with Iron Skin and Roar occasionally...

I appreciate all of those people who know their frame and love to just get the mission done at their own pace, not interfering in the pace of anyone else in mission with them.

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

I appreciate all of those people who know their frame and love to just get the mission done at their own pace, not interfering in the pace of anyone else in mission with them.

I can't even...  this^^ so hard.

I feel exactly the same way.  People flying around nuking as much as possible as fast as possible with their abilities while also having mouse button 1 taped down with an ignis wraith... makes me appreciate people playing the way you described perfectly in your post.

With how long I've played this game, at this point, I appreciate a teammate who brings anything that doesn't nuke the game. I don't even care if they're appropriate for the mission we're doing, at least they're not trivializing the difficulty and having the rest of us twiddle our thumbs.

7 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

With how long I've played this game, at this point, I appreciate a teammate who brings anything that doesn't nuke the game. I don't even care if they're appropriate for the mission we're doing, at least they're not trivializing the difficulty and having the rest of us twiddle our thumbs.

Exactly.  Honestly I'm sure that's probably tied in with the point of this thread... seeing people play certain frames that bring something unique/rarely seen to the groups dynamic.  Even the map wiping frames can easily be played in ways that promote team cohesion... I suppose it comes down to the players themselves actually wanting to be involved with the group instead of performing the entire job of the group while also... still playing with a group.

I understand those players want the exp, or more enemies spawning, but it really does leave the rest of us kinda... looking around picking up what's left over, wishing we could do more, in general and also for the team.  Maybe that's just me

I play Chroma in ESO just to buff the team.  I don't shoot much tbh, I do when there's enemies for me to shoot obviously, but I mainly try to keep my buffs on everyone so their able to do their jobs better and they're better protected.  To be fair I do see a few players actually take notice of this once in a while and kinda.. slow the frantic running around and hang out in my general location more.  Feelsgoodman

Makes me wish buffing/healing and any support stats were on top of the mission results screen so that the team can see the efforts of those players quietly doing their jobs or helping their team regardless of themselves, assisting those high damage frames into their high numbers, and keeping them alive while they do it.  Wishful thinking.. but maybe it would actually lead to those frames being played and noticed more instead of the majority being all about dat damage.

I dont know because im usually that guy that you enjoy to join you party. this is what i usually use on:

defence: speed nova

Interception: middle Map max range LIMBO

Rescues: Limbo-Loki

SavotAGE: Volt-Nezha

Spy: Pro Ivara

Survivor: Nekros-Oberon

Extermination: Max Stronk Equinox

Excavation: Limbo-Gara

Hard Sortie Boss: Mesa

ESO: Trinity

POE: MESA

Edited by xcenic

19 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I'm mainly a Mag player, and I really enjoy seeing her when I'm not using her.

A Frame that always brings a smile to my face though... is Inaros. Hardly anyone (not even me too often) uses this great Frame and I really enjoy being in the company of people who call themselves "Inaros mains" or those that are new to him.

a good friend of mine started with and continues to play Mag, and honestly I love when she does.  Mag can be so extremely helpful for teammates and also vise versa... I love staying inside on the edge of her bubble and basically being immune, or keeping the bubble in-between myself and hard hitting enemies, and I have her let me know when she's got some heavies inside so I can help pitch in some bullets.  Mag is incredibly useful and I wish she wasn't so rare.  Mag Primes design is awesome imo and I think I've only seen her twice in the last 3 or 4 months.

Inaros is my most played frame XD, and that's a very nice compliment thank you.

8 hours ago, Bombarder0 said:

Damn a positive and chill thread!

this is RARE human behavior!!!

right?  I believe in being the change you wish to see, and we're all here for our love of Warframe so there's no reason not to enjoy discussing it.  I wish there were more of these.

9 hours ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

Nekros all the way, and to a lesser degree Hydroid, for loot ofcourse. Nyx and Banshee for cc and radar. Trinity and Oberon for support is nice. 

Ash, Atlas&Golems, Titania, and Gara are Frames which I love see just because they are underused. 

Not sure why, but every time I've used Atlas... I feel like my team hates me XD and I've never known why that is exactly.  I do know I have yet to play a mission with another Atlas though.  Hasn't happened once.

Also I'm confused as to why Ash isn't played more... he's my second or third most used frame but I agree he's extremely rare.

So earlier today I played ESO with a Volt that put up shields for others members to use, facing choke points and high traffic avenues.  He'd go around refreshing them for everyone and kept them up, and I was loving it.  I stayed put behind one as a chroma, gave everyone le' buffs, and held down one hallway... and overall as a team we absolutely dominated.  It blew my mind that working together in such a simple way made that run something to remember.  If that Volt happens to see this thread, thank you sir or ma'am, that was the most fun in ESO I've ever had.

I, simply, love playing Equinox and having another Equinox along just so I can play the other half. It's pretty much useless to have two Equinox's, especially with one (mine) being built flex with no augments, but it's still so rare and such a "bro" moment. I'd try to do it more if I weren't focused on playing Oberon for dem juicy team heals. #Support4lyf

Also just:

On 2018-10-30 at 12:42 PM, Conflux59 said:

I understand those players want the exp, or more enemies spawning, but it really does leave the rest of us kinda... looking around picking up what's left over, wishing we could do more, in general and also for the team.  Maybe that's just me

4 hours ago, Conflux59 said:

It blew my mind that working together in such a simple way made that run something to remember.

These. So much these.

Side-note:

4 hours ago, Conflux59 said:

Also I'm confused as to why Ash isn't played more... he's my second or third most used frame but I agree he's extremely rare.

I love playing infini-invis Ash and the only reason I don't do it more often in pubs is because I have yet to get the augment that'll let me cloak allies with it. Once I get that, #420yoloblazeit all day every day.