grineer ground mobile armor units

Leoli12138

so, i guess i am not the only one that wants more unique(and harder) grineer units on the POE. And i suddenly realized that grineer, being a war-associated species, doesn't seem to process any kind of traditional ground armor units. Grineer definitely are capable of making such units, and POE would be a great place to make use of these units(and only place...quote ghost form destiny"WHO BRINGS A TANK TO SPACE") here are some personal ideas:

the first kind would be a heavy tank. i'd be thinking of a more traditional tank, probably 2-3 tennos high and 3-4 tennos(laying down) long. With wheel, or Continuous tracks (since grineer armored vaults seems to be using wheels). This tank should spawn near large outposts, such as the excavation site near the gate, and is either laying dormant, or slowly patrols near the outpost. Once spotted a tenno, it will actively attack the tenno and attempt to either eliminate the tenno or drive it away from the outpost. if a tenno leaves the range, it will stop attacking and goes back to patrolling. However, if a tenno deals enough damage to the base or kill enough grineer near by, the tank will switch it's AI to constantly pursue the tenno an attempt to kill it. The tank will be heavily armored, but lacks speed and maneuverability. it should be armed with minuscule models of grineer heavy gun and missiles in outpost. 

the second kind is a light tank. This tank should be generally faster, lighter armored, and with weaker weapons than the heavy tank. this kind of tank can be found mostly around large and small outposts, with 2-3 patrolling around large outposts and 1-2 around small outposts. Since the plains of eidolon is very hilly( why do we call it a plain anyway?), it needs some maneuver abilities (my idea is 2 sets of chassis, one on top, one down, with a round turret in the middle, so it can flip around higher edges without falling over). once this tank sees a tenno, it will always go pursue the tennos. the speed of it should be a little faster than a tenno running, which forces a tenno to engage it. for the weapons, probably mainly ballistic turrets and very limited explosive damage capabilities.(for balance's sake) this tank should also be able to be attached under a Firbolg as means of reinforcements around the plain. 

the last is like a armored jeep. it should be mostly seen in quantity of one with a grineer patrol team, and near mid(such as the one with a breakable excavator) to small outposts(such as the one with a geyser). it is the fastest of all, easily surpassing spiriting tennos, and weakest of all, which makes up for it's maneuverability. for the weapon, probably a mounted gorgon or something like that. it should also be able to be attached under a Firebolg as parts of reinforcements. lastly, we should see normal grineer unit be able to drive this, or operate it's turret. 

I really like the idea since the POE units are just a re-color of normal units. Giving this concept into the Plains would be great. This a good step forward for the open-world map on Earth

Every idea is great,but I will add one to make it more fun:you can either kill the units and the tanks/jeep or you can have the ability to hijack the tank or jeep and drive it around. I think they can add this since K-drives are gonna be realised soon,and to balance it out they can add your idea.

8 hours ago, LazerMaxim said:

I really like the idea since the POE units are just a re-color of normal units. Giving this concept into the Plains would be great. This a good step forward for the open-world map on Earth

Every idea is great,but I will add one to make it more fun:you can either kill the units and the tanks/jeep or you can have the ability to hijack the tank or jeep and drive it around. I think they can add this since K-drives are gonna be realised soon,and to balance it out they can add your idea.

Honestly, i don't think making all of these vehicle hijack-able would be a great idea. Maybe the jeep and the heavy tank, but for my concept of the light tank, i was thinking about a grineer brain or head operating it(like the stuff we see in uranus) 

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Don't want it to look like I'm self-plugging, but you should probably check out my thread soon-ish. I've got some vehicles (including spaceships, but I've got tanks too) on the way

Tell me when u post it. Also make sure to mention my thread since i don't really feel like moving this entire thread to another place again, lol

21 minutes ago, Leoli12138 said:

Honestly, i don't think making all of these vehicle hijack-able would be a great idea. Maybe the jeep and the heavy tank, but for my concept of the light tank, i was thinking about a grineer brain or head operating it(like the stuff we see in uranus) 

Huh, great minds do think alike it seems. My upcoming Markaba Main Battle Tank (spoilerinos, I guess) is controlled by a "crew" of 3 bodyless Brain-linked

20 minutes ago, Leoli12138 said:

Tell me when u post it. Also make sure to mention my thread since i don't really feel like moving this entire thread to another place again, lol

I'll be sure to notify you.

Spoiler

Just to be clear though, I didn't get "inspired" by this thread to make the vehicles, it's something I was working on the past 2 weeks. It's nice to see that people share the sentiment of "enemies need vehicles" though.

Edited by HugintheCrow

53 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Huh, great minds do think alike it seems. My upcoming Markaba Main Battle Tank (spoilerinos, I guess) is controlled by a "crew" of 3 bodyless Brain-linked

I'll be sure to notify you.

Hide contents

Just to be clear though, I didn't get "inspired" by this thread to make the vehicles, it's something I was working on the past 2 weeks. It's nice to see that people share the sentiment of "enemies need vehicles" though.

Surely! I'd love to see more detailed ideas!