Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept: Lacrise, the Songstress Warframe

(XBOX)AD Symmetry

This is Lacrise, The vocalist, the profound. Her songs reach the ears of all that have them. No one is safe from her golden voice. Her songs enrich the lives of both herself and her allies and make life for the enemy a living hell. Keep your ears open, tenno, this warrior's voice might just save you... (A little "Warframe Profile style" narration for sh*ts and giggles)

On a lost Orokin Vitruvian found in the derelict vaults contains a sheet of music that can only be sung by the children of the void. Upon being sung, the tenno will be gifted with visions of the warframe's parts, scattered throughout the system. One part can be found in the Derelict, locked inside of a locker with a code . The code is the vocal match of several voice-sung notes, which, when sung in the right order and at the right pitch, will open to reveal the part. acquiring the part will result in the tenno being rendered unconscious when they get back to their orbiter. While they sleep, they dream of a voice, singing, almost as though they are trying to tell their story through their vocalizations. The tenno feels the utmost empathy for Lacrise and sets out to put her back together. They go to lua and rummage through the orokin spy vaults looking for information on the other parts. They find a blueprint for the warframe, but the blueprint has a poem written on it, with clues as to where the rest of her parts are. 

The one whose voice reaches all across the land
From frozen skies to the red, arid sands
She fixes the broken, those beyond repair
In availing grace, stands hand in hand
With they who are in command

Solutions to the poem:
(Frozen skies= Pluto, a part can be found there. Red arid sands= Mars. A part can be found here as well
Stands hand in hand with they who are in command= Warframe and Operator)

Ability Kit:

This is going to be interesting...

Stats- 
Health: 450 at max rank
Shield: 300 at max rank
Armor: 350 at max rank
Energy: 260 at max rank

Passive: Choir Leader: Abilities used will provide health regen 9/sec to all warframes that hear them for 15 seconds. Being within hearing range when abilities are used will refresh this timer.

Powerful Opera- Sing and hit a note so high enemy eardrums burst, causing them to panic for a few seconds
- Stun Duration is 6 seconds and enemies are open to finishers

Guardian Song- (Max Rank) Reinvigorates all allies within earshot with stronger buffs being given to those who are closer to the source
- Increases total armor by 250% for all in range.
- Has falloff with range
- Range= affinity range
- Increases concentration and focus of allies reducing weapon recoil to 0 and doubling reload speeds for the duration of the ability for all allies within range

Inspriring Aria - Max Rank
All allies that hear this song will have their outgoing damage from all sources tripled and their warframe energy regen set to 12/sec for the duration, while all enemies that hear this song will be hypnotized into thinking they are being weighed down, reducing their speed by 60% and reducing their accuracy by 70% for the duration
- Duration is 60 seconds

Siren Lullaby- Max Rank

All enemies within hearing range will fall asleep.
- This ability is channeled but for every second spent channeling, enemies will remain asleep for 2 seconds longer when the channeling stops. (Caps at 24 seconds before mods)
- When enemies awaken they will be beguiled into self-harm and shoot themselves in the leg, applying a puncture proc and a slash proc that does 3% overall hp as damage every second for 12 seconds. All the while you are untargetable to them.

And that's it. As you guys can tell, this warframe is very team-oriented but can function just fine on her own. Her songs are a blessing to her teammates, but are a necessity for herself.

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

2 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

Powerful Opera- Sing and hit a note so high enemy eardrums burst, causing them to panic for a few seconds

You say panic in the description yet stun in the stats, may want to reflect that.

Stats- 
Health: 450 at max rank
Shield: 300 at max rank
Armor: 350 at max rank
Energy: 260 at max rank

She's supposed to be a caster frame; which means those health and armor stats are too high; -100 for each (this is in line with but slightly tankier than octavia), shields and energy are fine.

Guardian Song

Interesting as we don't have abilities that reduce recoil yet.

Inspriring Aria

Tripled damage base is a bit much may want to lower it to 1.5X or 2X base but affected by strength. i would complain about the fact it gives 12 energy/sec but zenurik energizing dash does 10 at max rank and can be used at anytime so ... eh "\_(-_-)_/", again could reduce it and make it affected by mods to balance it or leave it as 12 base and unmodifiable. Do note however that the energy regen won't work when using the forth ability cause channeling abilities only allow energy to be increased through energy orbs.

Siren Lullaby

1. didn't say how far the range is.

2. pretty good idea but i would get rid of the self damage; there's no need for it as you should've killed the enemy and if you haven't and still have the ability active they just fall asleep again anyways.

Overall sounds like a good support frame that could probably do EVERY mission in the game by HERSELF because of the near infinite duration sleep, but that's not a problem, equinox can do something similar. Note: i had no idea what "Choral" meant when i clicked on this, thought you meant "Coral", might want to change it to Siren or Songstress. Especially as a Choral means form a Choir which means you need MULTIPLE singers if you're going to keep choral then maybe rework some of the abilities to summon some type of speaker/back-up singers.

1 hour ago, AndouRaiton said:

You say panic in the description yet stun in the stats, may want to reflect that.

She's supposed to be a caster frame; which means those health and armor stats are too high; -100 for each (this is in line with but slightly tankier than octavia), shields and energy are fine.

Interesting as we don't have abilities that reduce recoil yet.

Tripled damage base is a bit much may want to lower it to 1.5X or 2X base but affected by strength. i would complain about the fact it gives 12 energy/sec but zenurik energizing dash does 10 at max rank and can be used at anytime so ... eh "\_(-_-)_/", again could reduce it and make it affected by mods to balance it or leave it as 12 base and unmodifiable. Do note however that the energy regen won't work when using the forth ability cause channeling abilities only allow energy to be increased through energy orbs.

1. didn't say how far the range is.

2. pretty good idea but i would get rid of the self damage; there's no need for it as you should've killed the enemy and if you haven't and still have the ability active they just fall asleep again anyways.

Overall sounds like a good support frame that could probably do EVERY mission in the game by HERSELF because of the near infinite duration sleep, but that's not a problem, equinox can do something similar. Note: i had no idea what "Choral" meant when i clicked on this, thought you meant "Coral", might want to change it to Siren or Songstress. Especially as a Choral means form a Choir which means you need MULTIPLE singers if you're going to keep choral then maybe rework some of the abilities to summon some type of speaker/back-up singers.

I do agree that the name is a bit misleading. Will be amended. I actually like "Songstress" and will be using that.

But i wanted to ask, does her being a caster make it such that she NEEDS to have the durability of tissue paper? Especially with her kit not providing any damage reductions? I mean, can't sing if you're getting hakai-ed on sight when you go anywhere that should be taken at least a little bit seriously. Octavia works because she has a refreshable, medium duration invisibility and both her 2 and 1 draw aggro completely and her 1 is a monster killing-machine that goes up to level 500 without breaking a sweat, not to mention that her 4 will increase all damage by as much as 550% after mods. By comparison a 3x damage amp is tame. For example, Rhino's Roar goes up to +168% (that is, N(1+1.68)) Let N= base damage of an ability, and he is not a caster.

However, 2.1x will also work and be increased with mods. But i would invite you to take a look at chroma, as well. He can amp his own damage by up to 7 or 8 times (700-800%), One shotting whole eidolons and their synovia with the right gun. One can even argue that Chroma is also not a caster, since he is just "Press 2 and 3, maybe 4 occasionally)

And like you said, Lacrise is a caster, which means her abilities are all the more important. (BTW: Octavia's health is 100 at rank 1. At max rank it is 300, and if you are not SUPER careful, you can evaporate at level 30 enemies, before you even knew what the hell was going on, just a reminder) Like i keep saying, these numbers will look too high on paper, but upon implementation, the way they interact with different levels of enemy will show that these numbers are warranted and necessary. Otherwise people will complain that she dies too quickly to do anything (believe me i've been there, thus that is what i am trying to avoid)

I do like the idea of summoning backup singers though, kind of like a phantom choir. It would make her all the more scary and solve the one problem i had... how can she sing and do other stuff at the same time. Will rework her 4 to have backup singers, but i will still change her title to songstress. 

Like i told some other people, I extend an invitation for you rethink your defintion of "Overpowered" and what makes a warframe overpowered. Is it the lack of difficulty to play it? Their abilities killing enemies too fast? Making themselves unable to die in 2 seconds despite your best efforts to stand and take bullets? Think about it, absorb all the info i pointed you to and reply when you've sorted it all out.

P.S: I'm not sure if you've seen it but i am trying to advance the power creep in Warframe 😉  also, let me know what you think of the lore i've set up for her!

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (XB1)DarkRepulser205:

Passive: Choir Leader: Abilities used will provide health regen 9/sec to all warframes that hear them for 15 seconds. Being within hearing range when abilities are used will refresh this timer.

So, Octavias passive but just for health?

- Stun Duration is 6 seconds and enemies are open to finishers

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Savage_Silence

Inspriring Aria - Max Rank
All allies that hear this song will have their outgoing damage from all sources tripled and their warframe energy regen set to 12/sec for the duration, while all enemies that hear this song will be hypnotized into thinking they are being weighed down, reducing their speed by 60% and reducing their accuracy by 70% for the duration
- Duration is 60 seconds

So, basically all of Ovtavias abilities including her passive in one button.

Siren Lullaby- Max Rank

All enemies within hearing range will fall asleep.
- This ability is channeled but for every second spent channeling, enemies will remain asleep for 2 seconds longer when the channeling stops. (Caps at 24 seconds before mods)
- When enemies awaken they will be beguiled into self-harm and shoot themselves in the leg, applying a puncture proc and a slash proc that does 3% overall hp as damage every second for 12 seconds. All the while you are untargetable to them.

So, hard CC + Soft CC + Invisibility...

TL;DR

This thing is OP as f***.

In fact, it is just as OP as the abilities are boring in their effects. Easily one of the worst Fanmade frames I've seen up to this date.

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

So, Octavias passive but just for health?

Where's the harm in that? They are both in the same vein of sound based, musical powers, not to mention that conceptually, they are polar opposites. This, dear person, is a nitpick.

So, basically all of Ovtavias abilities including her passive in one button.

No. Just...no. If i were to say, its probably just Octavia's amp, with a little extra something. Octavia's passive is VERY similar to this, yes, but then remember that Zenurik is a thing...and Energy Siphon...is a thing. And as for her Amp, there are other warframes that do the same thing. I implore you not to act as though Octavia introduced damage increasing through the use of an ability. In my honest opinion, this too is a nitpick. Most of Octavia's abilities are very different to this one, with the exception of her 4, but then again, Warframes are often made using precedents, already existing concepts that can be adapted into a different vibe, with very few warframes introducing entire new concepts.  I will now invite you to recall the beginnings of Khora, and the "new mechanics" that were supposed to come with her. Also recall, just how quickly that sh*t got shut down.

So, hard CC + Soft CC + Invisibility...

TL;DR

This thing is OP as f***.

In fact, it is just as OP as the abilities are boring in their effects. Easily one of the worst Fanmade frames I've seen up to this date.

If this is your opinion, that's quite alright. I will, however, ask that you consider this... This concept might seem too powerful on paper but think about the implementation of this concept and when its power begins to fall off, which is, around the late mid-game (with enemies between level 55 and 70, especially Grineer). And don't even get me started on the void, because this very idea is the reason i took a six month break from this game. I believed that the player gets killed too quickly and the skill curve goes up way too early in the game (i was getting mauled by level 35s and 40s in the void, while playing as warframes like Volt, Trinity, Ember and Nyx) because i was Mastery Rank 7. I am not as adamant as a was before that, because i realized that i just needed to get good. I still feel like most warframes are not durable enough but with enough skill and focus, this can be circumvented up until the point where one hit means death, and i have been there...it's not fun... Also consider this, the warframe, Octavia, that you keep mentioning...she too is overpowered, with a first ability that can, unassisted, kill large groups of enemies as far into the game as level 500+. Five. Friggin'. Hundred. Just the first abililty by itself. And she has many more including an 4th that makes her 1st even better. And spammable invisibility. And hard CC. And team buffs. And an augment that makes her 1st EVEN BETTER. See my point, now?

Though i must say your criticism is quite blunt and straightforward, albeit a little ill-informed and nitpicky.

Here's a thought, no, a challenge. Create a voice-based warframe concept of your own and juxtapose (compare) it with mine. If your bite is worth even half your bark, you get your props. Nothing if its not, but i will feel a little bit better. Some ideas to consider: A warframe that issues commands that enemies must obey, or a spell chanter that makes things happen by vocally induced, void powered spellcraft. Or, a bit more difficult, do the exact same "songstress" concept i did, but as superior as possible, both conceptually and mechanically innovative and immersive. There is no shame in refusing, but it seems like a fun little experiment. If you agree, i will follow your account to know when you are finished and i will, in great detail, review and leave constructive feedback. I will also reach out to my reviewer, to do the same, as i realize that your opinion is quite the minority. I mean, everyone says the warframes i build are overpowered and they help me nerf them down to a reasonable point, but they never tell me that they are just straight-up bad, just overpowered. Think you're up for the challenge?

6 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

... in addition to being a supporter and a crowd controller.

Well, the term caster is simply a character that makes frequent use of their abilities, given that their abilities are an integral part of their ability to perform within their fantastical medium. 
This is the songstress, which means that in order to not die, as well as have an effect on the battlefield at all, she needs to sing, and her songs are her abilities. What her songs do is completely open-ended.
So a caster can also be a crowd controller and a supporter, no problem... 🙂 

...and Crowd Control is a part of support... 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)DarkRepulser205:

the term caster is simply a character that makes frequent use of their abilities

According to this laughable logic every Warfame is a caster.

Excalibur is a caster, since he makes frequent use of his exalted weapon.

Rhino is a caster because is has to frequently reactivate Ironskin.

Chroma is a caster, because he has to frequently reactivate his abilities.

Wukong is a caster, because he has to make frequent use of his ability, cause is is 24/7 invulnerable.

2 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

According to this laughable logic every Warfame is a caster.

Excalibur is a caster, since he makes frequent use of his exalted weapon.

Rhino is a caster because is has to frequently reactivate Ironskin.

Chroma is a caster, because he has to frequently reactivate his abilities.

Wukong is a caster, because he has to make frequent use of his ability, cause is is 24/7 invulnerable.

That is exactly the case. What you just said is quite literally the definition of "caster" yet you find it laughable... Casters are any character that needs to use abilities to be effective.

But out of curiosity, what do you think a caster is and what makes them a separate class of warframe of its own? And give me some examples of warframes that are "casters", if you don't mind, of course.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb (XB1)DarkRepulser205:

And give me some examples of warframes that are "casters", if you don't mind, of course.

The term 'caster' is not a valid way to describe a Warframe.

Every warframe needs his abilities.

Your way of trying to destingish Warframes by caster and noncaster makes just as much sense as differentiating Warframes by walking Warframes and non-walking Warframes.

My point is, that you are prooving your inability to comprehend Warframes character design by using the term caster.

This proof of your inability to grasp character design then in turn serves as an explanation for why your concept is such a pile of garbage, because you are not even aware of Warframes basic concepts.

37 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

The term 'caster' is not a valid way to describe a Warframe.

Every warframe needs his abilities.

Your way of trying to destingish Warframes by caster and noncaster makes just as much sense as differentiating Warframes by walking Warframes and non-walking Warframes.

My point is, that you are prooving your inability to comprehend Warframes character design by using the term caster.

This proof of your inability to grasp character design then in turn serves as an explanation for why your concept is such a pile of garbage, because you are not even aware of Warframes basic concepts.

That's a very bold statement. And i'm to guess that you have mastered warframe's basic concepts? Okay, you have not given me much reason to doubt you on that...yet. I said that a caster makes frequent use of their abilities. Such a broad generalization has no room for interpretation, especially incorrect ones. Using the term "caster" is proof of my lack of comprehension of warframe's character design, so if anyone uses the term "caster" they don't know warframe on a fundamental level. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

That is exactly the case. What you just said is quite literally the definition of "caster" yet you find it laughable... Casters are any character that needs to use abilities to be effective.

You interpreted those words as "Okay... so warframes are either casters or non casters" even after i gave you the broadest possible definition of what a caster is in this genre of game. Because every warframe needs to use their abilities to be effective... . I thought i didn't have to explain that to you, but clearly i was wrong and this is what i get for being so wrong. I apologize. I should have spoon-fed this information to you. Moreover, 

46 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

This is literally my favorite thing you have said, ever. Kinda stings though, your concept is such a pile of garbage?" and "You are not even aware of warframe's basic concepts?
From your perspective, it's as if saying that water and H2O are both the same thing means that i am not aware of chemistry's basic concepts. You could have just said "when you use the term caster, what do you mean?" or "I don't fully understand your usage of the term caster, please explain..." Like i said before: blunt, straightforward but ill-informed and nitpicky. Because that is literally what you spent this whole time doing, nitpicking. Casting (heh, get it?) claims  without any suggestions as to ways to make it better (Which is the point of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM) as well as just straight insults, however minor.

Exhibit A: 

5 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Easily one of the worst Fanmade frames I've seen up to this date.

Exhibit B: 

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

This proof of your inability to grasp character design then in turn serves as an explanation for why your concept is such a pile of garbage,

Not a happy camper, are we? I mean if you're not impressed, that's one thing, and that's totally fine. Not even "I think that this concept is a pile of garbage" but "it is garbage" as if your opinion is straight fact. If you think it's garbage, feel free to do so. I created this warframe to test my ability to come up with lore for my more serious concepts. I like what i have created, though. Please do not purport your opinion to be factual. Your thoughts and feelings are not the gold standard of Warframe. If the game developers tell me its trash, that would be fact, because they make the game, and its rules and they are the ultimate deciding power in what is good and bad for THEIR game. You on the other hand are a completely different story. Now, if you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add, to make the concept better for others who might happen to get a look at it, feel free to leave that feedback and i will act accordingly on it. Don't just say, "it's a pile of garbage" instead try to say "it's a pile of garbage, BUT this can be done to make it better". 

All the same, though, i appreciate your time! 🙂 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XB1)DarkRepulser205:

so if anyone uses the term "caster" they don't know warframe on a fundamental level. 

*sigh*

Stick to the context, whould you?

The problem is only a real problem in context of the characters, it doesn't nessecary translates to not understanding the rest of the game.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (XB1)DarkRepulser205:

but "it is garbage" as if your opinion is straight fact.

It IS a fact. The banalcing is an absolute mess, as other people pointed out as well.

I created this warframe to test my ability to come up with lore for my more serious concepts.

Just as a sidenote, there is literally nothing original about you concept. Every ability is just some other Warframes abilities, even the theme, a music based Warframe is lifted straight off of Octavia and if you now argue that there is a differnece between a musician and a singer, yeah, VERY original....

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1162262922

If the game developers tell me its trash, that would be fact, because they make the game, and its rules and they are the ultimate deciding power in what is good and bad for THEIR game

There are several people here, who pointed out that the character values are FAR to high to make any sense in comparision to eery actual Warframe. Your design is so bad, that not only the devs themself are able to see the problems, but several non-professionals are able to spot the mistake.

For example, even non-architects are capable of realising that there is something wrong with the leaning tower of pisa.

Or for example, you don't need to be a doctor to realise that smoking is not healthy.

18 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Or for example, you don't need to be a doctor to realise that smoking is not healthy.

Depends on what you're smoking. And i can say this because I Study Undergraduate Medicine

You know what? I... can't... They gave Octavia a friggin' microphone? So she is going to be a character in a game where "ninjas play free" swinging a friggin' mic around? 
You know what? You win... this was not my most original concept. i have made others that are far more original (and just as overpowered in the beginning, but has since been nerfed accordingly). I still do not support the idea that a concept is "garbage" because its overpowered. And like i said before, just because the numbers seem too big on paper, doesn't mean they're too big in the game. Lacrise's power will fall off at around level 70 with the exception of her 4th ability. Even her survivability will not be that good. But hey, it seems to me that if a warframe is not mediocre it's bad, right? Because there are plenty of warframes in the game that are overpowered? And please define overpowered, then redefine it again. Then justify your claim that is overpowered. Because people say "Not a bad concept, but its WAY too overpowered. You were the most aggressive in saying so, not even acknowledging the fact the salvage value of the concept. Just.. The whole thing is a pile of garbage. SO PLEASE, I would love to hear you justify the fact that Lacrise is Overpowered. And please, make me laugh. Tell me that Revenant is actually a strong warframe... and mean it. I DARE YOU!

8 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

I will also reach out to my reviewer

That's me. Well this got out of hand quickly so let me sort some things up.

so if anyone uses the term "caster" they don't know warframe on a fundamental level. 

I'M the one who originally said this was a caster warframe; and further, but definition, a caster warframe is one who relies more on their abilities then their weaponary, every warframe can fit their description DEPENDING on the users play style. HOWEVER, people normally refer to the warframes that use their abilities for damage as casters, i.e. saryn, volt, ember, etc. AND they are squishy to compensate for the power of their abilities which is why i said lacrise should be classified as a caster; squishy with high power abilities.

4 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

your concept is such a pile of garbage

No concept is garbage. The execution my need work; whether lots of work, like a complete overhaul/rework, or minor, like a buff or nerf. BUT NO CONCEPT IS GARBAGE, for a concept is simply an idea of a theme that can be put to practice, regardless of if it is for WF or anything else. Lacrise is not garbage but needs some work not because the concept is bad but the execution of the theme, i.e. the abilities and their effects, fails.

Every ability is just some other Warframes abilities, even the theme, a music based Warframe is lifted straight off of Octavia

I will agree that yes the concept is similar to Octavia's; the use of music on the battlefield to buff allies, the only real difference if that Octavia is a CONDUCTOR who performs and controls the instruments whilst lacrise the SINGER/SONGSTRESS only sings through her voice/voice of ghost choir (if that becomes a thing). As regard for the abilities however, as pointed out before, we are currently at the point where every new frame has abilities similar to another warframe's abilities with very few UNIQUE abilities. HOWEVER, this isn't necessarily a bad thing; i.e. there are currently 3 versions of Iron skin, Rhino's (the original), Nezha's (has 90% damage reduction instead of 100%) and Revenant's (doesn't scale with incoming damage just flat protect from a number of hits) but there is nothing wrong with that as each is slightly different and still makes the FRAME feel unique.

basically all of Octavias abilities

Expanding off the previous point;

passive: is similar but with health regen instead of energy regen, why, cause it's a good passive that helps no matter the situation.

1st: not even close to any of octavia's, but as was pointed out is similar to savage silence, is that a problem; no it's useful. Can it be improved yes but it doesn't mean it's bad.

2nd; nothing was actually said about this, why, cause it's a buff that depends on how close you are to the frame that increases defence AND reduces recoil, which is unique as NO frame has; get rid of recoil as a buff.

3rd; is like octavia's as it's a team buff but not like Octavia's cause they buff COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS; ocatvia increases melee damage, multishot, movement speed and provides invisibility. lacrise buffs; increases damage from all sources, DECREASES ENEMY speed and accuracy as well as provide health regeneration. VERY DIFFERENT, saying that it is the same is like saying that every buff is the same as the other.

4th; completely different to Octavia's and if anything is a mix of Equinox Maim + Equinox Rest + Nyx's new (yet to be released) passive on roids.

So, yeah; nothing like Octavia except the passive.

5 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

Easily one of the worst Fanmade frames I've seen up to this date.

As someone who goes through almost every new warframe concept, this one is far from the worst. Just search death god for a prime example of ridiculously overpowered even more so than any of @(XB1)DarkRepulser205's concepts so far. There are also plenty that barely have any thought other than the theme, no abilities or stats; just a theme, this concept is easily better than any of those because it shows DarkRepulser actually puts some thought into their concepts; both lore and how they play.

This thing is OP as f***

Lastly, I find this to be DarkRepulser's main goal: to redefine what Overpowered actually means, as they do for every concept by making them OP by the "standard" definition. There is nothing wrong with making something overpowered as long as the creator is able to use CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to modify and balance their concept so it isn't as OP. Further, Darkepulser has been providing explanations for their reasoning about stats and abilities, all you need to do is show the flaws in that reasoning and they will change what you deem as being wrong/OP with their concept

TL;DR Lacrise IS NOT THE SAME AS Octavia, this is not a garbage concept or the worst concept, I was the one who started using "caster" to describe this and making OP concepts is DarkRepulser's thing but they do listen to CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

4 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

That's me. Well this got out of hand quickly so let me sort some things up.

I'M the one who originally said this was a caster warframe; and further, but definition, a caster warframe is one who relies more on their abilities then their weaponary, every warframe can fit their description DEPENDING on the users play style. HOWEVER, people normally refer to the warframes that use their abilities for damage as casters, i.e. saryn, volt, ember, etc. AND they are squishy to compensate for the power of their abilities which is why i said lacrise should be classified as a caster; squishy with high power abilities.

No concept is garbage. The execution my need work; whether lots of work, like a complete overhaul/rework, or minor, like a buff or nerf. BUT NO CONCEPT IS GARBAGE, for a concept is simply an idea of a theme that can be put to practice, regardless of if it is for WF or anything else. Lacrise is not garbage but needs some work not because the concept is bad but the execution of the theme, i.e. the abilities and their effects, fails.

I will agree that yes the concept is similar to Octavia's; the use of music on the battlefield to buff allies, the only real difference if that Octavia is a CONDUCTOR who performs and controls the instruments whilst lacrise the SINGER/SONGSTRESS only sings through her voice/voice of ghost choir (if that becomes a thing). As regard for the abilities however, as pointed out before, we are currently at the point where every new frame has abilities similar to another warframe's abilities with very few UNIQUE abilities. HOWEVER, this isn't necessarily a bad thing; i.e. there are currently 3 versions of Iron skin, Rhino's (the original), Nezha's (has 90% damage reduction instead of 100%) and Revenant's (doesn't scale with incoming damage just flat protect from a number of hits) but there is nothing wrong with that as each is slightly different and still makes the FRAME feel unique.

Expanding off the previous point;

passive: is similar but with health regen instead of energy regen, why, cause it's a good passive that helps no matter the situation.

1st: not even close to any of octavia's, but as was pointed out is similar to savage silence, is that a problem; no it's useful. Can it be improved yes but it doesn't mean it's bad.

2nd; nothing was actually said about this, why, cause it's a buff that depends on how close you are to the frame that increases defence AND reduces recoil, which is unique as NO frame has; get rid of recoil as a buff.

3rd; is like octavia's as it's a team buff but not like Octavia's cause they buff COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS; ocatvia increases melee damage, multishot, movement speed and provides invisibility. lacrise buffs; increases damage from all sources, DECREASES ENEMY speed and accuracy as well as provide health regeneration. VERY DIFFERENT, saying that it is the same is like saying that every buff is the same as the other.

4th; completely different to Octavia's and if anything is a mix of Equinox Maim + Equinox Rest + Nyx's new (yet to be released) passive on roids.

So, yeah; nothing like Octavia except the passive.

As someone who goes through almost every new warframe concept, this one is far from the worst. Just search death god for a prime example of ridiculously overpowered even more so than any of @(XB1)DarkRepulser205's concepts so far. There are also plenty that barely have any thought other than the theme, no abilities or stats; just a theme, this concept is easily better than any of those because it shows DarkRepulser actually puts some thought into their concepts; both lore and how they play.

Lastly, I find this to be DarkRepulser's main goal: to redefine what Overpowered actually means, as they do for every concept by making them OP by the "standard" definition. There is nothing wrong with making something overpowered as long as the creator is able to use CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to modify and balance their concept so it isn't as OP. Further, Darkepulser has been providing explanations for their reasoning about stats and abilities, all you need to do is show the flaws in that reasoning and they will change what you deem as being wrong/OP with their concept

TL;DR Lacrise IS NOT THE SAME AS Octavia, this is not a garbage concept or the worst concept, I was the one who started using "caster" to describe this and making OP concepts is DarkRepulser's thing but they do listen to CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

*sigh* Finally, Someone that understands. Thanks for all your help, Andou. You are a very valuable asset in helping me bring my ideas to this platform. I hope we can work together to envision some change to warframe's roster, from here forward. You are absolutely right about one thing. It is COMPLETELY my goal to redefine what it means to be overpowered. Because the current consensus i am seeing here, is that if your concept is more powerful than some of the most used and popular frames, it is overpowered, which is a complaint i believe should be saved for a point where warframes can make the game ridiculously easy, when it should be challenging  (Like 2 second killing level 100 grineer) but at the same time,

I am also trying to soften the steep skill curve (like being 2 second killed by level 40 enemies) so the transition from "Noob" to "skilled" is smooth and painless, all the while having my grandest fantasies for this game come to life in some form, whether it be a concept in a public domain, or noticed and implemented by the developers. This concept is by no means my most original but i wanted to see how much  i could do with the lore, using precedents for certain mechanics and ideas.

I don't just put big-as-hell numbers here and just "yeah, this is my concept, and this is what i want, don't like it? oh well" I try some things, see what sticks, and what doesn't stick will be switched out for something that i know will stick because others believe it will  stick. This is something even the game developers do, remember Khora and Damage 3.0? No one likes to talk about that but yeah...

So once again, @AndouRaiton Thanks for helping to give my creations a voice and a presence here on the Forums! 🙂