Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion Universal Accounts

(PSN)jm20005

How would this work with PC being on a different build than consoles?
Especially when DE has promised to not slow down PC updates so that consoles can keep up (Which beyond that would be a horrible idea that would lead to far buggier experiences for console players that simple couldn't be fixed quickly due to patch certification, I mean back when Ghouls first launched there was a problem with the inbox message that crashed the majority of players that had the inbox open....took DE only a few hours to fix it on PC.  If they had to go through patch cert though?  2-4 days would have passed where the game was unplayable for a large number of players.).
How would this work with tennogen, since its for plat on consoles and real money for PC?

That build difference puts a rather solid stop to having cross-play between consoles and PC.
Another thing that puts a bit of a issue in the way is the vast difference in plat markets...which would pretty much kill any and all money that sony/microsoft could make off of plat sales due to how discounts work differently for PC.

And just because a large publisher was able to do it doesn't mean that DE, a company without a publisher, could do anything because they simply don't have the clout to throw around.

Edited by Tsukinoki

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Tsukinoki:

How would this work with PC being on a different build than consoles?
Especially when DE has promised to not slow down PC updates so that consoles can keep up (Which beyond that would be a horrible idea that would lead to far buggier experiences for console players that simple couldn't be fixed quickly due to patch certification, I mean back when Ghouls first launched there was a problem with the inbox message that crashed the majority of players that had the inbox open....took DE only a few hours to fix it on PC.  If they had to go through patch cert though?  2-4 days would have passed where the game was unplayable for a large number of players.).
How would this work with tennogen, since its for plat on consoles and real money for PC?

That build difference puts a rather solid stop to having cross-play between consoles and PC.
Another thing that puts a bit of a issue in the way is the vast difference in plat markets...which would pretty much kill any and all money that sony/microsoft could make off of plat sales due to how discounts work differently for PC.

And just because a large publisher was able to do it doesn't mean that DE, a company without a publisher, could do anything because they simply don't have the clout to throw around.

Im not a professional regarding programming... but if you were to collect for each player the possesions, data, whatever it is, on a file ( obviously secured and readable for consoles and pc and blablabla), which would be saved on a server onto which consoles aswell as pc have access.. I think in such a matter a different build would not be an hindrance...

It would be interesting to hear from DE their reason for why this isnt a thing. As I think its prob because of some right issues, different strategies or maybe the financial share between console industry and DE itself.

The argument for the separated market. I personally prefer a free market that balances itself, 

soo... let the price shock come.😎