Would you guys like a REAL Knight/Paladin themed warframe?

KronikPlague

Thematically, I feel like the last few Warframe's have kind of not been my personal liking but I do understand, not everyone gets what they want. I've been waiting since Oberon, for a real true knight or paladin themed warframe, now I know they perform that role, but as a paladin making grass grow is not thematically something they do really. I just want my shiny super godmode knight! XD But what do you guys think? Whats the type of frame theme you would like to see the most?

the question is what do you (op) understand or imagine the knight/paladin warframe should look like?

theoreticly we have evrything to make a "knight/paladin" build. there are sword and shield weapons already in the game,melee mods which regenerate health and warframes that can heal theyr allies. if that/the current possibilitys we have are not enough, how should a knight/paladin be?

1 hour ago, KronikPlague said:

I've been waiting since Oberon, for a real true knight or paladin themed warframe, now I know they perform that role, but as a paladin making grass grow is not thematically something they do really. I just want my shiny super godmode knight!

18 minutes ago, imbressive said:

how should a knight/paladin be?

When asking for a particular theme of Warframe, it's always important to include answers to a question like imbressive asks. What, to you, is a paladin? There are many possible answers, but here's my best go at it.

To me, a classic Paladin character (at least in terms of combat) relies on three things: armor, empowering their melee strikes, and some minor healing and support. These come from the DnD paladin class, which also speaks of having a holy mission and the power to sense evil, but these might not really translate to a game like Warframe.

When I compare DnD's Paladin to our so-called Paladin Oberon, there are actually quite a lot of similarities. Most of the differences come with transforming the DnD version's melee and touch ranges on its abilities into a wider range for Oberon. The minor healing skills are amped up into an aura. Oberon's armor isn't quite as high as a paladin's in relativity (more Health though), but he grants armor to the squad. Smite in DnD empowers a single melee strike and adds an enemy debuff, while Oberon's Smite is a single-target projectile with additional castoff bits and a debuff. Paladins have the ability to cleanse disease, and Bro's Hallowed Ground does the Warframe equivalent. The only obvious difference I see is Oberon's lack of ability to sense enemies or taunt them into targeting him.

But then that's just a comparison against what I know a paladin to be. OP, how about you?

found a trin build video (which i'll link in a sec) where she uses a sword and shield with specific mods (taunting enemys,redirecting dmg from allys to you), since she can heal and uses the sword and shield all the time for this build, she is like the perfect paladin from classical roleplaying games. but if this is something that is rly fun to play, considering the range limitations on this mods, is up to the user i guess, i personaly didnt test this build.

here the link, please go to the 5th min. where he talks about the build.

this is also just an example of what is possible atm with the warframes,weapons and mods we have, not saying that a warframe couldnt be made with similar abilitys,buffs,crowd controls and so on. but we could argue that we have all of this, thou not in a single warframe. rhino could be made into a classical tank, sword&shield, crowd control and buffs, personal dmg absorption,but not rly a paladin, the trin build i posted (credit to mcgamercz), oberon with similar build like trin maybe? dont know about the survival thou, maybe it wont be as good as trin's. the thing is, we only have 2 warframes who can heal allies, there are not many possibilys for a paladin build who can heal the team (since most paladins have some sort of allies healing ability), but if we say you want a "paladin" who doesnt heal team members but himself, you have more options, like excalibur for example.

still i am curious what ideas the OP have and how he imagines the paladin should work.

Edited by imbressive

For paladin, just put a double Arcane Guardian and Abating Link on Trinity and use Galatine Prime.

Use EV and channel for more damage.

Well of Life could be turned into a buff ability once it gets looked at as well which would also reinforce a possible paladin theme.

If you want a frame who looks and works like a knight you have rhino with the palatino skin. If you want a warrior priest you have Harrow. If you want a frame that looks and works exactly like a D&D paladin, you have Oberon with the blade of the lotus skin. In all honesty Oberon is your best bet, he looks the part, buffs, smites, heals and tanks. I'm sorry you don't like that he's a little bit faery flavored, if you don't like the grass you can try to change the tertiary color channel to a dull darkish gray to make it less prominent. 

21 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

I'm sorry you don't like that he's a little bit faery flavored, if you don't like the grass you can try to change the tertiary color channel to a dull darkish gray to make it less prominent. 

Fashion Frame 2.0: Cosmetic-friendly abilities. You can make Oberon's Hallowed ground a pumpkin patch, snow drifts, or just the ground-based aura (sans plants).

1 hour ago, Amhiel said:

If you want a frame who looks and works like a knight you have rhino with the palatino skin. If you want a warrior priest you have Harrow. If you want a frame that looks and works exactly like a D&D paladin, you have Oberon with the blade of the lotus skin. In all honesty Oberon is your best bet, he looks the part, buffs, smites, heals and tanks. I'm sorry you don't like that he's a little bit faery flavored, if you don't like the grass you can try to change the tertiary color channel to a dull darkish gray to make it less prominent. 

I like Oberon, but despite his very paladin-sounding abilities (smite, hallowed ground), I've always pictured him as a druid and not a paladin. His antlers, hooves, grass and water abilities are all rooted in nature and don't really convey a holy/religious paladin vibe to me. 

56 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

I like Oberon, but despite his very paladin-sounding abilities (smite, hallowed ground), I've always pictured him as a druid and not a paladin. His antlers, hooves, grass and water abilities are all rooted in nature and don't really convey a holy/religious paladin vibe to me. 

So, I tend to agree with this

7 hours ago, imbressive said:

found a trin build video (which i'll link in a sec) where she uses a sword and shield with specific mods (taunting enemys,redirecting dmg from allys to you), since she can heal and uses the sword and shield all the time for this build, she is like the perfect paladin from classical roleplaying games. but if this is something that is rly fun to play, considering the range limitations on this mods, is up to the user i guess, i personaly didnt test this build.

here the link, please go to the 5th min. where he talks about the build.

this is also just an example of what is possible atm with the warframes,weapons and mods we have, not saying that a warframe couldnt be made with similar abilitys,buffs,crowd controls and so on. but we could argue that we have all of this, thou not in a single warframe. rhino could be made into a classical tank, sword&shield, crowd control and buffs, personal dmg absorption,but not rly a paladin, the trin build i posted (credit to mcgamercz), oberon with similar build like trin maybe? dont know about the survival thou, maybe it wont be as good as trin's. the thing is, we only have 2 warframes who can heal allies, there are not many possibilys for a paladin build who can heal the team (since most paladins have some sort of allies healing ability), but if we say you want a "paladin" who doesnt heal team members but himself, you have more options, like excalibur for example.

still i am curious what ideas the OP have and how he imagines the paladin should work.

I mean I do understand, I know Oberon the fairy king from mid summer nights dream, but that's not a Paladin. I tend to see a paladin as a warrior of light, for DnD, Some spells for a Paladin, include Circle of Power(30 foot radius, orb of light centered on the paladin dealing dmg and reducing dmg),healing powers as such would deal bonus damage to infested, Divine health(generally gives immunity to all disease, so I see this being reduced status duration.)I See Divine Weapon as an ability that could be in warframe. As its just a dmg boost to whatever weapon your currently using.

So long story short, I see Paladins as classic paladins, not really inspired by druids in any way shape or form. Like you said, all of those things can "function the same way" but they are not the same. 

9 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

When asking for a particular theme of Warframe, it's always important to include answers to a question like imbressive asks. What, to you, is a paladin? There are many possible answers, but here's my best go at it.

To me, a classic Paladin character (at least in terms of combat) relies on three things: armor, empowering their melee strikes, and some minor healing and support. These come from the DnD paladin class, which also speaks of having a holy mission and the power to sense evil, but these might not really translate to a game like Warframe.

When I compare DnD's Paladin to our so-called Paladin Oberon, there are actually quite a lot of similarities. Most of the differences come with transforming the DnD version's melee and touch ranges on its abilities into a wider range for Oberon. The minor healing skills are amped up into an aura. Oberon's armor isn't quite as high as a paladin's in relativity (more Health though), but he grants armor to the squad. Smite in DnD empowers a single melee strike and adds an enemy debuff, while Oberon's Smite is a single-target projectile with additional castoff bits and a debuff. Paladins have the ability to cleanse disease, and Bro's Hallowed Ground does the Warframe equivalent. The only obvious difference I see is Oberon's lack of ability to sense enemies or taunt them into targeting him.

But then that's just a comparison against what I know a paladin to be. OP, how about you?

I know I'm not the OP, but for me, what exemplifies a Paladin/Knight is FFXIV's Paladin. Imposing, durable, not necessarily the strongest on the offense, but has more than enough tanking power to make up for it. That, to me, is what a Paladin/Knight frame should be. A Frame with high defensive stats and powers that draw enemy aggro onto himself, with minor self healing and buffing so he doesn't die immediately. Oberon doesn't even try to do that, and in fact is more akin to a support caster-type, such as FFXIV's Astrologian Job.

7 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

Put Knight of the Lotus skin on him.

It's Knight, it's shiny. Pop up Renewal, and here's your godmode. Done.

It's got hooves, I guess maybe his hooves are representative of the paladins mount, and the grass is always greener on your consecration right? So he looks more like a demon then he does a paladin. And if you read my post. Oberon is a Goat, or Fairy themed Druid Warframe I have never understood why they call him a paladin other than the name of his abilities. If hes a "paladin" then that means a vampire might as well be a werewolf? Also having to use a skin etc is not what I'm talking about here. I want a true Holy light paladin themed warframe lol.

19 hours ago, imbressive said:

the question is what do you (op) understand or imagine the knight/paladin warframe should look like?

theoreticly we have evrything to make a "knight/paladin" build. there are sword and shield weapons already in the game,melee mods which regenerate health and warframes that can heal theyr allies. if that/the current possibilitys we have are not enough, how should a knight/paladin be?

Although OP didn't say it, he might be asking a frame with exalted shield and sword. Excalibur is the closest we have to that, with some armor and a sword, but yeah. I think it'd be cool if we had an exalted shield and sword warframe that's exalted weapon had a gimmick like blocking 90% of enemy melee and bullets while active and reflecting them with at least 200% damage. Like electricity Chroma's 2nd ability, but with damage migitation and an attack.

The knight frame should also be tanky and have aggro ability so we'd finally get a real tank instead of a bullet sponge.

Flail exaulted weapon, I've been wanting a regular one, but if it were exaulted...  Omg. In real combat it was capable of 600 miles per hour of pure puncture impact against armor that stood no chance, on a Warframe..  Well.. 

Sibear apparently has the power to destroy a mountain. Need a full on anime soon,  enjoying the comics,  but with a description like that, you've got to push the game to new feates, waiting on a kaiju warframe to fight planet destroying sentients...  Gara had to have been grinding for days to even scratch that great sentient.