Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you guys like a REAL Knight/Paladin themed warframe?

KronikPlague

Personally I would like as much and as many theme as possible so my answer is yes.

I can suggest this one but there are a lot of concepts just check the fan concepts.

PS : Too many concept sitting there for realization. 

Edited by Szuna

We already have plenty of Paladin concepts in the game.

Rhino, Oberon and Trinity all represent different parts of it, historical and fictional. Heck even Rhino has a skin named after a famous Paladin i.e Count Palatine of the court of Charlemagne.

It is better they work on things that havent been represented in several different ways already.

5 hours ago, KronikPlague said:

Oberon is a Goat, or Fairy themed Druid Warframe I have never understood why they call him a paladin other than the name of his abilities. 

But then I don't see Oberon as a druid, because what I know druids to be is different from Oberon. In my books (mostly from a DnD perspective), a druid is defined by three major aspects: comminication with flora and fauna, the ability to turn into animals, and spellcasting centered on growing, destroying or altering nature. Oberon doesn't touch the first two, and while his Hallowed Ground does spawn greenery, that's purely cosmetic and has nothing to do with the protective purpose of the ability. There are many other interpretations of the druid as a figure in other works, so feel free to source yours, but there's mine.

Try not to confuse "thematic" with "cosmetic". Ash's helmets have mandibles and antennae, but he's not an "insect-themed" Warframe. Oberon's appearance -- which imo is more Fey than it is Druidic anyway -- has a lot more to do with cosmetics than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-30 at 6:51 PM, WindigoTG said:

Put Knight of the Lotus skin on him.

It's Knight, it's shiny. Pop up Renewal, and here's your godmode. Done.

lol xD

On 2018-10-31 at 7:45 AM, SenorClipClop said:

But then I don't see Oberon as a druid, because what I know druids to be is different from Oberon. In my books (mostly from a DnD perspective), a druid is defined by three major aspects: communication with flora and fauna, the ability to turn into animals, and spellcasting centered on growing, destroying or altering nature. Oberon doesn't touch the first two, and while his Hallowed Ground does spawn greenery, that's purely cosmetic and has nothing to do with the protective purpose of the ability. There are many other interpretations of the druid as a figure in other works, so feel free to source yours, but there's mine.

Try not to confuse "thematic" with "cosmetic". Ash's helmets have mandibles and antennae, but he's not an "insect-themed" Warframe. Oberon's appearance -- which imo is more Fey than it is Druidic anyway -- has a lot more to do with cosmetics than anything else.

Fey druidic, etc. I'd say hes more close to anything besides a paladin. That's really my point. I shouldn't have to have people explain to me

why his name is Oberon but hes a paladin, his skins all have animal related body part inspirations, no golden motifs of classical eagle shoulder crests etc but hes a paladin.,(minus tennogen)grass grows from his consecration but he is in fact a paladin?

I'm just saying Valkyr has a zipline so shes actually spiderwoman. 😕

no need for a spider themed frame ever. got that covered

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎30 at 6:50 AM, imbressive said:

the question is what do you (op) understand or imagine the knight/paladin warframe should look like?

theoreticly we have evrything to make a "knight/paladin" build. there are sword and shield weapons already in the game,melee mods which regenerate health and warframes that can heal theyr allies. if that/the current possibilitys we have are not enough, how should a knight/paladin be?

aJTP8Uy.png

This?