The odd flavour-satellite between Europa and Jupiter

evilChair

can, should, and must have nodes or an open world.

unknown.png

ok but jokes aside, it's a unique object in the entire star chart, and i've compared it against the rubble around ceres just to make sure. might be the location for an infested or corrupted/orokin open world since it's fairly accessible, being mid-game, while also being close enough to the 2nd void branch and europa, which is a permanent conflict-zone (meaning that it permits any faction). i wouldn't bet too much on an eris-based open world, since eris is far too deep in the star chart to not seem dishearteningly far to new players. if implemented, most likely would be accessible from carme or carpo.

(or should this rather be in fan concepts?)

Edited by evilChair

I DO hope that the open world will be on Eris. Because it's Eris. An entire infested planet, not used for the infested world...? That would be so much of a missed opportunity to explore a true infested world. Until now, we had Orokin,Grineer, and Corpus. But the only thing we had from the infested are CORRUPTED structures from other factions. I want to see an entire world where they grew by themselves. And Eris is THE place for it. 

On top of that, I didn't needed a lot of time before reaching Eris. Maybe a few days, so it's clearly not the worst challenge new players will have. 

3 hours ago, mikakor said:

I DO hope that the open world will be on Eris. Because it's Eris. An entire infested planet, not used for the infested world...? That would be so much of a missed opportunity to explore a true infested world. Until now, we had Orokin,Grineer, and Corpus. But the only thing we had from the infested are CORRUPTED structures from other factions. I want to see an entire world where they grew by themselves. And Eris is THE place for it. 

On top of that, I didn't needed a lot of time before reaching Eris. Maybe a few days, so it's clearly not the worst challenge new players will have. 

I've just started on Eris (about 12 months after I started playing) so am getting accustomed to its particular "delights".

I guess if enough people put this in the Feedback section, we might just get our wish... :wink:

5 hours ago, mikakor said:

there is something odd going on around mercury. there are nodes on the planet permanently inhabited by infested and i feel as if some of those nodes were not inhabited by the infested a few months ago. its like they are taking over most of the surface for some reason.

1 minute ago, MysticDragonMage said:

there is something odd going on around mercury. there are nodes on the planet permanently inhabited by infested and i feel as if some of those nodes were not inhabited by the infested a few months ago. its like they are taking over most of the surface for some reason.

I would say that it's quite hard to Totally eradicate a virus that only need one cell to totally recover. If you would burn down to ashes until ground zero, the infestation would only need a tiny bit to totally grow back covering the node in a few days. Maybe even hours, for what we know.  But no, I confirm you that these have always been infested 😛