Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Port Forwarding on a S#&$ty router

Systemlord_FlaUsh

Question

This is getting too annoying, I often have lag issues and random disconnects. Especially when I just captured a Hydrolyst... And infinite loadscreens with logoffs. It tells me to forward ports.

But I have no idea how to do this. My 400 € router (#justgermanthings #dankemerkel) doesn't support UPNP and it won't accept forwarded ports, at least I can't apply the ports. Its a "Speedport Hybrid". I have Hybrid internet, because my third world country only has DSL 2000 where I live.

I can take screenshots of the routers config page if that helps. Maybe someone had similar issues and can help.

3 answers to this question

Have you checked Portforward.com? You should be able to find your router + instructions https://portforward.com/router.htm

Edit: A Google search may have revealed some bad news. Your Speedport Hybrid is from Telekom, correct? A quote from the Telekom customer service:

Since the Speedport Hybrid is indeed a router for private use, some advanced features are missing, such as port opening.

Found on https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/Festnetz-Internet/Speedport-Hybrid-Portforward-5060-udp/td-p/1376644

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

Port forwarding is something that is dependent not only on you but also on your ISP. If your ISP blocks port forwarding and upnp, there is nothing you can do about it. You can try using VPN too.

>doesn't support UPNP

really? you may consider buying some new router. 

Edited by rsod25

No, this isn't possible. There is only one Hybrid router compatible, the Speedport Hybrid. So I could choose between A(ss)DSL 2000 and take three days to download a game again with heavy ping spikes whenever the internet gets only lightly used or the Hybrid, which will allow me to get 16 MBit/s at 4 am if I'm lucky that day. In the evenings I have 3-6 Mbit/s, its completely random.