Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Rework/Tweaks

Xerenova

I know what you're going to say. Nova is in a good place right now. Is she really though? As a Nova main, she could really use a rework or at least a few tweak to synergize and make her kit a little more usable and fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Passive: When Nova's shield depletes to 0, she emits a field which will knock down and damage enemies in a 5m radius.

• Null Star (Version 1):
    • Null Star is now a duration-based ability. Its duration is defaulted to 12 seconds and scales with Power Duration.
    • The number of antimatter particles now scales with Power Strength.
    • The particle is capped at 18(at 200% Power Strength) for a 90% Damage Reduction bonus(5% per particle).
    • Particle does not seek target.
    • Upon deactivation, the particles will seek target within 20m(hard cap) and inflict 200 slash damage(Scales with Power Strength) plus 30% enemy's max health and shield.
      • Synergy: Primed enemies will deal a boosted damage.
    • Augment: [Neutron Star] Null Star particle will seek target within 10m(hard cap) and reduce their armor by 100% for 4 seconds.

• Null Star (Version 2):
    • Null Star is rechargeable to full stack. (Works similar to Revenant's Mesmer's Skin.)
    • The number of antimatter particle now scales with Power Strength instead of Power Duration.
    • Particle is increased from 6 to 8 at default.
    • The particle stack is capped at 18(at 200% Power Strength) for a 90% Damage Reduction bonus(5% per particle).
    • The particle will seek target within 10m(scales with Power Range). It inflicts 200 slash damage(scales with Power Strength) at default plus 30% enemy's max health and shield.
      • Synergy: Primed enemies will deal a boosted damage.
    • Augment: [Neutron Star] Manually detonating Null Star will send a wave to stagger enemy within 10m(hard cap) and permanently reduce their armor by 5% per particle available. (80% at 18 particles.)

• Antimatter Drop:
    • Synergy: Primed enemies killed by Antimatter Drop have a 50% chance to drop shield orb for you and ally that replenishes 100 shield. Extra shield will become overshield.

• Molecular Prime:
    • Molecular Prime is now a toggle ability. Players can toggle between slow and speed at will. Slow and speed is capped at 75% and -75% respectively at 145% Power Strength.

I can understand making her 1 recastable, but why make her 4 a toggle? Seems like this would be a nerf to its potential range since it likely wouldn't scale off duration anymore. And maybe a bit more expensive since it would probably cost energy per target walking into the aura to Prime them rather that the single press to cover a whole map, though I see the argument of needing to reapply it as it is now.

Edited by Atsia

23 minutes ago, Atsia said:

but why make her 4 a toggle? Seems like this would be a nerf to its potential range since it likely wouldn't scale off duration anymore.

Her 4 still works as it is. The only thing changed is the ability to switch between slow and speed

1 minute ago, -Icicles- said:

Her 4 still works as it is. The only thing changed is the ability to switch between slow and speed

Yes the effects stay the same, but you're changing how the abilities does it mechanically. Making it a toggle ability would mean they'd have to made it a passive aura, which is far more likely to change to the scaling to be range based. Unless you're just saying you just want to add switch between slow and fast, which, personally, I'm against.

Definitely agree on the null star one, I like having it on just because it looks awesome but it disappears after a couple seconds whenever a bunch of enemies gets too close, specially when using Spova. As for her 4 it wasn't intended to be used with negative strength if I remember correctly so idk if they'll add it into her kit anytime soon