Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetic Armor is a lost gameplay opportunity

FrostDragoon

4 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:
1 minute ago, FrostDragoon said:

You've only called names while adding nothing. I honestly don't know how you could possibly think I'd be persuaded by that.

if you cant see the absurdity of your thread after this post then youre really hopeless

He doesn't see the absurdity ... in fact like with myself he's blatantly ignoring your attempt to shed light and reason ... in fact he's ignoring ALL reason and labeling rejection as "simply adding nothing" ... he's so deep he can fit 3 in that grave ...

4 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

Steel Fiber, Redirection, Vitality, Flow. That's absolutely what you're suggesting. You want more mod slots.

7 minutes ago, Errodin said:

He doesn't see the absurdity ... in fact like with myself he's blatantly ignoring your attempt to shed light and reason ... in fact he's ignoring ALL reason and labeling rejection as "simply adding nothing" ... he's so deep he can fit 3 in that grave ...

You guys didn't even read what I wrote, and you're trying to mischaracterize then, then say I'm the one ignoring reason. LMAO

I like the idea. Used to have the same one a while back. But it'll boil down to:

Stat boosting items => Players want Transmogrify to have unique appearances => The specific armor you choose means squat => Warframe now has a literally pointless UI connection between cosmetics and stats (barring the total number of unique stat combos)

If anything it'll have to be a separate feature. IE: further augmenting your Helminth Strain via the Helminth room, kinda like how Focus is quite literally a passive stat-boost separate from anything cosmetic you choose.

2 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

You guys didn't even read what I wrote, and you're trying to mischaracterize then, then say I'm the one ignoring reason. LMAO

I've argued against exactly what you've suggested ... there's no "mis-characterizing" involved ... go back and read what everyone has said in the exact same way ... because it looks like you've forgotten.

1 minute ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

"I'm not talking about mods. I'm talking about small bonuses for flat base armor, shield, health, energy, etc."
That is what mods do.

No, it isn't. First, the whole point is that they don't occupy mod slots. Second, they are flat bonuses, not percentage boosts. Third, they are just armor items. You don't rank them up with Endo.

It's been entirely mischaracterized by describing them as "mods."

No, it isn't. First, the whole point is that they don't occupy mod slots. Second, they are flat bonuses, not percentage boosts. Third, they are just armor items. You don't rank them up with Endo.

They still gives you bonus and gameplay advantages. Which mods are already doing. You're stuck in the past, guy. Better give up on these old ways and go on. Because you're CLEARLY stuck waaay in the past.

I mean... what's wrong with the current system? Warframe can hardly be called "dumbed down", given the depth that the mod system affords us. I currently have an armour set that I'm quite fond of, and I'd hate to have to discard it or switch it out because other pieces had stats that I want more.

2 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

So, you want extra mods with special unique slots, that function differently for no reason, that can't be ranked up. You know, there's a reason things in this game provide percentage boosts instead of flat ones (with the odd exception). There's also a reason we don't have dedicated slots for basic stat boosts. And there's most definitely a reason we can rank things up. Your suggestion has transformed from ruining fashionframe to the stunted conjoined twin of the current mod system.

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

They still gives you bonus and gameplay advantages. Which mods are already doing. You're stuck in the past, guy. Better give up on these old ways and go on. Because you're CLEARLY stuck waaay in the past.

It looks like you haven't read the thread, because this was already addressed.

Just now, NotDealwithitdog said:

So, you want extra mods with special unique slots, that function differently for no reason, that can't be ranked up. You know, there's a reason things in this game provide percentage boosts instead of flat ones (with the odd exception). There's also a reason we don't have dedicated slots for basic stat boosts. And there's most definitely a reason we can rank things up. Your suggestion has transformed from ruining fashionframe to the stunted conjoined twin of the current mod system.

That suggestion was only for those who actually care about the "Fashion Frame" meme. I don't care how they implement it, if they ever decided to, but you forgot one crucial element to that argument: THE REASON THEY DON'T. But given your general arrogance throughout this thread, I'm sure you'll be more than happy to step up and speak for DE on that point too.

If im following OP correctly, it kinda sounds something like the fraggor skin but for armor. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean armor just for the sake of 'dressing up' isnt really armor. I think along the lines of fallout, destiny, skyrim, etc, etc, as armor. Armor plays a good role there and is a great timesink to keep you occupied.

Way I see it, the only mistake in the OP was mentioning plat.

3 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

That suggestion was only for those who actually care about the "Fashion Frame" meme. I don't care how they implement it, if they ever decided to, but you forgot one crucial element to that argument: THE REASON THEY DON'T. But given your general arrogance throughout this thread, I'm sure you'll be more than happy to step up and speak for DE on that point too.

The reason they don't do what you said is what have already been said. Players don't like being forced to chose stats over look. Fashion frame is far from being a meme, and if despite everything you still persist... Well, sorry to tell you, but DE themselves DON'T want that. Because the player base already said it. Go away with that idea of another age. 

14 minutes ago, mikakor said:

The reason they don't do what you said is what have already been said. Players don't like being forced to chose stats over look. Fashion frame is far from being a meme, and if despite everything you still persist... Well, sorry to tell you, but DE themselves DON'T want that. Because the player base already said it. Go away with that idea of another age. 

^^^^^

19 minutes ago, mikakor said:

And I suggested that armor slots could be separate, but that's not what I was asking about anyway. Also, this is a false notion anyway. There wouldn't be drawbacks, so the choice for stats if you really care about looks isn't as important.

26 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

Having 4 or 5 slots for small flat bonuses would be really nice and add some depth to builds. You suggested there's a reason they don't.

Edited by FrostDragoon

And I suggested that armor slots could be separate, but that's not what I was asking about anyway

Separate or not, people don't want armor to have bonus stat. Why is it so hard to understand. Nobody want. Get over it. 

5 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

And I suggested that armor slots could be separate, but that's not what I was asking about anyway. Also, this is a false notion anyway. There wouldn't be drawbacks, so the choice for stats if you really care about looks isn't as important.

Having 4 or 5 slots for small flat bonuses would be really nice and add some depth to builds. You suggested there's a reason they don't.

Scaling. A flat 50 health increase is great on a 150 health rank 0 frame, but far less useful on a 950 health rank 30 frame.

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

Separate or not, people don't want armor to have bonus stat. Why is it so hard to understand. Nobody want. Get over it. 

I want it, and I'm sure I could find other people who do easily enough. You just have a flawed perception because you're only comparing it to a half dozen or so people in this thread. Nobody has given a good reason against it so far either; they only think they have. It's been mindless repetition of the same points I either debunked or found meaningless to begin with, such as name-calling and appeal to (false notion of) popularity. Other fun fallacies so far have been: appeal to what's new (as if the age of an idea has any bearing on its value), straw-man and mischaracterizations, false comparisons (old arcanes), and... while technically not a fallacy, but merely a flaw, failing to read the thread.

So far, this is how you guys look.
ASID_Jerry_38.jpg

If you'd like to offer reasons that actually make sense and don't rely on the arbitrary preferences of people in an entirely other context, I'd love to see them.

I want it, and I'm sure I could find other people who do easily enough. You just have a flawed perception because you're only comparing it to a half dozen or so people in this thread. Nobody has given a good reason against it so far either; they only think they have. It's been mindless repetition of the same points I either debunked or found meaningless to begin with, such as name-calling and appeal to (false notion of) popularity. Other fun fallacies so far have been: appeal to what's new (as if the age of an idea has any bearing on its value), straw-man and mischaracterizations, false comparisons (old arcanes), and... while technically not a fallacy, but merely a flaw, failing to read the thread.

So far, this is how you guys look.

If you'd like to offer reasons that actually make sense and don't rely on the arbitrary preferences of people in an entirely other context, I'd love to see them.

My god, I have never seen such self-righteousness in a forum post.
"You don't share my opinion, so clearly I've effortlessly debunked every point made, or didn't have to because they didn't matter. You have to specifically argue reasons that I care about, despite me caring about reasons that no one else seems to. Everyone in this thread is arguing against me, but that doesn't matter since no one outside of this thread would argue with me."