Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wraith, Vandals and now Malfested

Jackel7

So we have Wraith weapons which are upgrades of Grineer Fraction weapons, Vandals which are upgrades of Corpus weapons but what about infested weapons? To set apart for the other two exotica weapons there could be some unique traits of these infested weapons which can be refer to as Malfested(malicious-infested) for the time being.

Traits:  

• upgradability similar to Paracesis in some regards either with Forma or with Mutagen Mass
  • The Default aesthetic would look like any other infested weapon but with colors based off of Arcane Boiler unit
  • The more upgrade put in to the Malfested weapon(s) the more it comes to life as a sign of gilding like zaws
  • Lore: origins could come from Helminth strain

Examples: Mire Malfested, Cerate Malfested, Tysis Malfested

I’ve thought about an upgraded version of infested weapons. I simply called them ancient or ancient mutalists. But yours sounds a lot cooler. 

My idea was about ancient mutagen masses that are rare and can only be dropped by ancients. Due to their age and feeeing they basically mutated into something far worse than any other infested. And when that ancient mutagen mass is merged with a specific infested weapon, it evolves into a more powerful, more deadly version. Even imagine like eyeballs here and there on them. Smaller weapons could evolve into bigger ones. Like the Mire turning into a heavy infested blade. 

My over powered Nidus definitely needs a newer, more deadly infested weapon to match his strength. Be cool if he had a weapon that could create spores similar to the saryn ability that explodes and damages nearby enemies like those explosive runners. 

But you definitely have my vote on the name alone.