Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration: survival is very bad

(PSN)cleefsentence

Ok we console plebs get the last update with the Arbitrations mission, cool. I have run 2 arbitrations till now, both survival, and i can say that i just wasted around 60 minutes of my life.

- First time 2 players died and the third decided to extract at 37 min, wasted all this time to get... sculptures? Why not wait the damn C rotation at least?

- Second time, was running an umbral oberon with phoenix renewall augment, to keep all alive and reach the 40 minutes but they decided to extract after 20 minutes. No one was dead thanks to me and again time wasted.

Right now if a survival happens i doubt a public squad can reach the 40 minutes so a pre-made seems necessary and this is not good. Solo extraction when?

ps. Don't tell me me "just play solo" because the spawn of enemies in survival is sh1t

edit

Missions refreshed and there is another survival arbitration, the third in a row. Please stahp.

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

5 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Ok we console plebs get the last update with the Arbitrations mission, cool. I have run 2 arbitrations till now, both survival, and i can say that i just wasted around 60 minutes of my life.

- First time 2 players died and the third decided to extract at 37 min, wasted all this time to get... sculptures? Why not wait the damn C rotation at least?

- Second time, was running an umbral oberon with phoenix renewall augment, to keep all alive and reach the 40 minutes but they decided to extract after 20 minutes. No one was dead thanks to me and again time wasted.

Right now if a survival happens i doubt a public squad can reach the 40 minutes so a pre-made seems necessary and this is not good. Solo extraction when?

ps. Don't tell me me "just play solo" because the spawn of enemies in survival is sh1t

edit

Missions refreshed and there is another survival arbitration, the third in a row. Please stahp.

a lot of people don't want to spend 40 mins in a mission because it's such a long time and very boring. if you want to go to 40 mins you should probably get a premade so you have 3 other people who want the same thing as you

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

The rotations in Arbitrations are on a A/B/CCCCCC rotation. So for a survival you hit your first wave C at 30 min.

Good but still a problem because to reach the C rotation you need to play 30 min and if people extracts after that you are fuked and can't enjoy the infinite C rotation.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Good but still a problem because to reach the C rotation you need to play 30 min and if people extracts after that you are fuked and can't enjoy the infinite C rotation.

Aside from forming premade groups or going solo you can't stop people from leaving when they want.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Aside from forming premade groups or going solo you can't stop people from leaving when they want.

That's why i was asking for a solo extraction.

About premades, i'm spamming in recruitment but no pm. Going solo is impossible in survival because spawn is sh1t.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

That's why i was asking for a solo extraction.

but that's still not really a solution - the problem is something that is to be expected when you play via Matchmaking. if you want to have a fixed plan entering your mission, you cannot be playing with unknown Players.
it's just not going to work out 95/100 times.

Edited by taiiat

If you played ESO when they released it, youd know people just run there to try it out, unprepared most of the time, if you wait 1-2 week it will get better

and never plan to stay for more than 20-30 min in a mission with a public group, that just never going to happen, people have real life

The air on the Arbitration survivals you will find is even more shy to show than regular survival and gives less upon pickup or life support tower activation further pushing for specialized teams or pre-made full teams. Honestly, they aren't very engaging in my opinion; hope its going good otherwise with the console versions!

38 minutes ago, taiiat said:

but that's still not really a solution - the problem is something that is to be expected when you play via Matchmaking. if you want to have a fixed plan entering your mission, you cannot be playing with unknown Players.
it's just not going to work out 95/100 times.

The problem is that right now i can't count on:

- Solo play if surv/excav (sh1tty enemy spawn and 3 surv in a row till now doesn't help)

- Public squads (because they extracts to early and if surv/excav you can't continue alone and if not surv/excav the host migration will fuk your session when host leaves)

- Recruitment (after 20 minutes 0 pm received, recruitment is pretty desert most of the time at least on ps4)

I have friends with i play so i will just wait for them to be online but if i have to count on them to farm the new mods well can't say this is a well designed content.

Might as well farm the platinum through other means and buy the mods you want from others. Works on PC, but you are on console so I guess that might not be viable for you. I see that as a bigger problem than disliking or having grouping-related problems with one mode.

I have a similiar problem with Vodyanoi endo farm, hard to find a squad where everyone stays over half hours even if everything goes well. For that, I opened recruitment for our clan again and joined a large alliance. You might wanna do the same.

13 hours ago, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

40 minutes of my life:

-2 endo rewards (I have all my mods maxed)

-2 sculptures

DE just needed 1 mission to make me lose my faith in this new mode

it's not wasted if you know trading exists

You can use the endo to rank up mods to trade/sell and you can easily trade statues for the new mods, i for example want the endo and the statues and a single mod enables me to get 5 statues that i can later turn to endo and then either make a profit or just collect for myself.

Not only that but it's a mission, so you can gather other mods, resources, stars and much more, the rewards are simply a good extra to the mission itself.

You need to understand why you're doing the gamemode to begin with, same with conclave, ESO, eidolons, spy missions and many more, you do them if you want to, most players seek something, some for example seek fun or a challenge.

If you seek nothing, then DE cannot be blamed if you enter the gamemode, it's yor decision, not ours.

I wouldn't worry about people dying too much. Now that the PC Arbs have been out for a little while I regularly get Survivals to the point where we're leaving out of broedom not difficulty (~1hr). Once everyone gets it down and isn't just trying out new content they're a little too easy. 

hace 3 horas, KIREEK dijo:

You can use the endo to rank up mods to trade/sell and you can easily trade statues for the new mods, i for example want the endo and the statues and a single mod enables me to get 5 statues that i can later turn to endo and then either make a profit or just collect for myself.

Not only that but it's a mission, so you can gather other mods, resources, stars and much more, the rewards are simply a good extra to the mission itself.

It might be the differences between Pc and consoles but in the PS4 trade chat (not even mention the difference between Spanish and English region) you barely sell statues unles they are anasa full for 5 pl each.

The only mods that I don't have are wherther exclusive from events or hard to farm (like rising power) and none of them drop on arbitrations. I have almost everything in the game (MR25) so resources means nothing to me at this point.

New mods are the only reason I played arbitrations.

I have a feeling some people scrambled to rush through the starchart just to get in on this whether or not they were ready. 

When it's the host that dies first creating a failed host migration that boots me back to my orbiter, it makes me want to play solo.

Then if you have a decent run going, people leave at rotation B.

Hopefully as people become more accustomed to the mode this will improve.

On 2018-10-30 at 6:03 PM, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

40 minutes of my life:

-2 endo rewards (I have all my mods maxed)

-2 sculptures

DE just needed 1 mission to make me lose my faith in this new mode

Well..... on the other hand I just did an Interception and made nearly 10k endo for a Round 10 run. 

I think Survival honestly feels like the only Arbitration mission that's kind meh, and that's only because it has issues with mob density.  I don't mind doing a 40 minute survival.  What I do mind is 40 minutes of fighting over a paltry amount of mobs.  This is my opinion on the matter anyway, cause I do thoroughly enjoy mindlessly slaying hordes.  Its those Dynasty Warriors roots.

On 2018-10-30 at 3:48 PM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

- Recruitment (after 20 minutes 0 pm received, recruitment is pretty desert most of the time at least on ps4)

Yeah this has been kind of a drag.  I mean I figured the mode wouldn't be super popular out of the gate, because number one you need to clear the entire star chart which people don't do, two you can't just come in there half-assed with crap equipment and builds and expect to do good, and three you can't endlessly cheese strat it the whole time because of the Arbitration drones.  It also requires situational awareness and being aware of parkour and not standing still.  Its pretty much a recipe for disaster for a large portion of the player base. 

Fortunately I seem to be having better luck than most.  I can only count a handful of times where my group just fell apart due to deaths or rage quitting.  I just hope the mode isn't going to get abandoned like SO/ESO and they continue to tweak it.  I love it so far.

Edited by (PS4)ZeroSection

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-10-30 at 11:28 AM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

edit

LOL I JUST FOUND OUT YOU CAN FAIL IF YOU HAVE A SPECTOR DOWN AND IT DIES!!! fn trashhhhh

I've done multiple solo Survivals with the infested over 2 hours even with the ancients giving damage reduction to the drones.

If you'd like to try, my advice is to scramble as fast as you can at the start to open up the map and find a good large area that leads to a thin checkpoint. Enemy radar or enemy sense is required but I wouldn't use both because then you'll have enemies 2 rooms away that are forced to take up a spawn that you're not even near. The sweet spot for life support capsules is about 7 but it can be more or less. If you've been killing for a while and another one hasn't dropped in then that's the limit for the map so start using them at 50-60% if if you have max capsules on the map. If you're at this point you can continue indefinitely until your damage falls off or you don't think you can last.

Naramon melee as your main damage source is probably an easy bet as it has some scaling. Bring plenty of quick healing options (Magus Elevate, Furis w/ winds of purity augment, companion life steal link mod).

There's plenty of warframe and weapon choices but if you're using a tank then bring an Adarza kavat modded for tankiness, damage, and life steal. Don't use bleedout links because they won't work. If you're using your melee it won't die and you get a decent damage buff on a reliable basis.

On 2018-10-31 at 4:17 AM, zombiedeadhead said:

Everything can be obtained in rotation A. You do not have to saty to run countless C rotations to get mods, and frankly thereis only 1 mod that is evn half way useful. Stop complaining, run a few missions, get rewards, get bored, get on with your life.

Maybe he's not there to get the mods, but wants to farm the Vitus Essence? Since Arbitrations only occur once per hour, extracting after just 1 rotation will cap you at 1 Vitus per hour, which is bad. Staying in multiple rotations bypasses that, and lets you gain as much Vitus as you can survive.

Arbitration Survival PSA:

if you want to extract earlier than the other guys, just let the mobs kill you then hit leave squad. You will still keep your rewards from any rotations already completed.

and you Won't force poor OP to get pulled out with you.

On 2018-10-30 at 8:28 PM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Don't tell me me "just play solo" because the spawn of enemies in survival is sh1t

Play solo. 

You can survive pretty much on Life Support stations alone unless you hide in a corner and try to camp (which doesn't really work with Arbitration survivals). 

Yes, it does take a naturally tanky frame (Nidus, Inaros, Valk or perhaps Wukong, or even Nezha), but it's perfectly doable and is a 100% working way to avoid early leavers. 

3av7pY4.jpg

3 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Play solo. 

You can survive pretty much on Life Support stations alone unless you hide in a corner and try to camp (which doesn't really work with Arbitration survivals). 

Yes, it does take a naturally tanky frame (Nidus, Inaros, Valk or perhaps Wukong, or even Nezha), but it's perfectly doable and is a 100% working way to avoid early leavers.

I don't even play arbitrations anymore (you resumed a topic of one month ago), got all i need in 2 days and yes i played solo most of the time to not waste my time.

This doesn't change the fact that spawn of enemies in survival and excavation is sh1t compared to the spawn when in a team.

Цитата

It's enough to play for 40 minutes.

Although, still dont play survivals. Play like excavation or something. Most randoms tend to stick around for about 10 excavators and its faster. Also playing anything BUT Oberon in pugs is cancer so youll have to stick with him even there. And even then those vegetables die.