Why does everyone keep exaggerating about the Second Dream ?

Bombarder0

So hi there

I see there is a lot of people (including Youtubers of course) saying that "Omg the second dream was LIT!,it was the BEST!," or also... "OMG this is when warframe brings one of the best moments omggg"

I understand everyone got their opinion..but jeez, the second dream was short, and kinda boring almost no combat.

I rather say The War within was actually innovative and Cooler,almost tied with the Sacrifice.

4 minutes ago, Bombarder0 said:

I believe warframe is what we is.

people view Second Dream with Rose Tinted glasses because it was the first Cinematic quest. we'd never had anything like it at the time and it was a very good quest that also revealed a lot about the Tenno. the quests that came after haven't quite had the same impact, though The Sacrifice was pretty close IMO. 

The New War is the next big one, and if DE works hard enough it could easily surpass every other quest so far.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

people view Second Dream with Rose Tinted glasses because it was the first Cinematic quest. we'd never had anything like it at the time and it was a very good quest that also revealed a lot about the Tenno.

Ah f*ck, you were faster than me >< gg

Yeah, most of the hype for Second Dream was back when it was unique to the warframe experience.

Comparing it to the quest that come after is like looking back at old special effects and comparing them to new special effects. You don't quite have the same magic as the old effects first had. 

Its like how people these days are saying FF7 was overrated and people are exaggerating about it but taking into consideration how its prequels were and what was there in the market at that time, the impact it had on people was immense. And those who played it at that time would still put it atleast top 2 or 3 game of all time if not purely for nostalgic reason (ocarina of time is gods work).

Second dream was the first cinematic quest and was a push narratively to the game. These days people who played it now and have played WW and Sacrifice are less amused surely.

Personally, I found Second Dream much more impactful and memorable, but that's because I enjoy being surprised by cinematic and interactive quests that fundamentally change how you perceive the game and the story behind it.

Of course, in order to enjoy it that much, you need to do it blind ( zero spoilers ), which I assume is difficult nowadays since anyone playing will easily be exposed to spoilers ( how many times have you heard someone asking how to get the "little kid" or whatnot? They already know what is coming .. at that point they wasted the value of the quests, that lies on the massive surprises at the end ).

The War Within was also an awesome quest, IMHO content wise more interesting than Second Dream, however it does not have the same impact in the sense of completely blowing us out of the water with the surprises that it unveils.

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx

il y a 22 minutes, kambinks a dit :

And those who played it at that time would still put it atleast top 2 or 3 game of all time if not purely for nostalgic reason (ocarina of time is gods work).

No. Not at all. 

But it's kind of the same problem with TSD yes, for some people first time = better even if not.

Second Dream? Overrated since I never liked the operator but ... ah well.

Ofc Warframe partners will give rave reviews as that's their job.