Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can there be a compromise when it comes to account migration?

(XBOX)Dead Head 14637

I currently have a lot of hours and a lot of money invested in warframe on console... So, all I was wondering was if maybe a compromise could be made to allow us to migrate our stuff from console. For example, perhaps those wishing to migrate could pay a fee to do so (to satisfy microsoft and sony) or if accounts could be in some aspect be unified. Now obviously I know our accounts could not be fully unified but what if we had some sort of collective "vault" where items could be stored from one account with a way of redemption that could be passed on to another account on another platform. That way content could be transfered in both directions (provided both versions of the game have said item/thing in their present builds). This would/could mean that we can switch between platforms with our accounts on each platforms both existing and being useable at the same time. This would mean that there need not be as much worry of users just abandoning their platform but instead transfering needed equipment from one platform to another. If i was able to do this i would most likely make use of both accounts and share my items between the two rather than fully migrate EVERYTHING. I would love to hear any other ideas! (I am also sorry if i didn't explain this all overly well or made a massive oversight)

Edited by (XB1)Dead Head 14637

3 hours ago, (XB1)Dead Head 14637 said:

I currently have a lot of hours and a lot of money invested in warframe on console... So, all I was wondering was if maybe a compromise could be made to allow us to migrate our stuff from console. For example, perhaps those wishing to migrate could pay a fee to do so (to satisfy microsoft and sony) or if accounts could be in some aspect be unified. Now obviously I know our accounts could not be fully unified but what if we had some sort of collective "vault" where items could be stored from one account with a way of redemption that could be passed on to another account on another platform. That way content could be transfered in both directions (provided both versions of the game have said item/thing in their present builds). This would/could mean that we can switch between platforms with our accounts on each platforms both existing and being useable at the same time. This would mean that there need not be as much worry of users just abandoning their platform but instead transfering needed equipment from one platform to another. If i was able to do this i would most likely make use of both accounts and share my items between the two rather than fully migrate EVERYTHING. I would love to hear any other ideas! (I am also sorry if i didn't explain this all overly well or made a massive oversight)

Well you'd have to disallow the movement of plat for sure. Plus figure out how Tennogen is gonna work since consoles can get it for plat, so artists would both be losing money if they agree to sell rights to DE to be on consoles but also make more since consoles would have access to all of Tennogen.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Dead Head 14637 said:

For example, perhaps those wishing to migrate could pay a fee to do so (to satisfy microsoft and sony) or if accounts could be in some aspect be unified.

I doubt any fee would satisfy Microsoft and Sony as they view customers as repeat revenue generators and a one-off fee to leave their platform would not offset repeat revenue in their minds. They simply do not want customers leaving their platforms.

A unified account would not be possible and not just because of the plat/Tennogen problem. You also have the fact that PC and console builds are different so you will have issues where items you have acquired on the PC build aren't available on consoles. Some would argue that DE could slow the PC releases to keep everything on the same build but that would kill a ton of testing as we PC players are effectively an extension of DE's QA department.

18 hours ago, Shalath said:

I doubt any fee would satisfy Microsoft and Sony as they view customers as repeat revenue generators and a one-off fee to leave their platform would not offset repeat revenue in their minds. They simply do not want customers leaving their platforms.

A unified account would not be possible and not just because of the plat/Tennogen problem. You also have the fact that PC and console builds are different so you will have issues where items you have acquired on the PC build aren't available on consoles. Some would argue that DE could slow the PC releases to keep everything on the same build but that would kill a ton of testing as we PC players are effectively an extension of DE's QA department.

What i was saying was that if there was some sort of unified vault that could potentially work however content that is not present on both builds of the game could not be transferred over