Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request for a more meritocratic lore, unborn WarFrame operators, second generation tennos, adult warframe pilots.

Ateuzinho

I don't actually have nothing wonderfully written to share or anything, no development to the already established lore whatsoever, i just have a request for the next pieces of lore to come, and i truly hope that request gains recognition and popularity..... ALL WARFRAMES ARE NAUGHT BUT LUCKY KIDS! can we please receive tennos that earned their powers, tennos we can relate to!?

I know the world isn't meant to be fairer than the real world, but at least give worthy people a chance to match the lucky bastards of the WarFrame universe, these "lucky bastards" being, of course, the children of the Ten-Zero accident. they're childrens made gods, that's uncomfortable, that's extremely unfair, i can't imagine how anyone can relate to the characters they're playing, makes the WarFrame universe feel unbelievable and awful, and i mean AWFUL... awful for you and all other civilians and specially fighters that can only live fearing and envying the Tenno which all of us are basically by the mercy of, a entire race of lucky super-man children looking from above the pathetic and unlucky rest of us, and there isn't much one can do to at least become comparable to them. = in these conditions, no one can feel bad for the "poor" tennos that had their share of suffering in the hands of the scumbag fascists that should burn for a thousand years each of them Onokin.

In real life, would all nations (and factions and cliché secret organizations) really just accept their battle inferiority and stop trying to mimic the Ten-Zero accident!? no neutral organization would never find a genetic-engineering serum!? that some trial would never be made to give the common ones a chance!? (if i knew super-powered people existed in real life because "luck", i would do A LOT to match them, so i could, i don't know, defend my hypothetical daughter and wife from a berserk thug or potential rapist among the Tenno!? i would never accept being defenceless!)

that's the great problem i have with things such as Harry Potter, Boku no Hero, and DC Universe... please don't give a blind eye for this request, don't let WarFrame become like these... for the sake of meritocracy.

Edited by Ateuzinho
ortographic corrections, eliminate redundancies.

19 minutes ago, Ateuzinho said:

ALL WARFRAMES ARE NAUGHT BUT LUCKY KIDS!

It's not just cause they are lucky kids it's that the void CORRUPTS adults and the kids are, somewhat, immune to this corruption. Further the tenno still had to work to control and harness their power; that's why the focus system is a thing.

And also remember; it was the Man In the Wall that decided to give the tenno their powers so if anything we need more lore around that guy/thing/entity to discover WHY.

15 minutes ago, Ateuzinho said:

genetic-engineering serum

Pretty sure Tyl Regor was working on one of these to cure the Cloning Decay Syndrome; which would make the Grineer strong again like they were when the Orokin created them. IF he succeeded he probably would make other serums to make the Grineer even stronger, but we stopped him so i doubt it. Which i guess is the case throughout the system; someone tries to get stronger or match the tenno, then the tenno are sent to stop them.

Personally i feel like i can connect with my tenno but that's simply because i'm weird; 1. i'm used to putting myself into the shoes of characters as 2. I get to experience what they experience through lucid dreaming (i lucid dream every night so i do this for fun). 3. Lastly, i make my tenno act as i would act when i play them; although sometimes there just aren't enough/no options that best describes what i would/want to actually do.

1 hour ago, Ateuzinho said:

I don't actually have nothing wonderfully written to share or anything, no development to the already established lore whatsoever, i just have a request for the next pieces of lore to come, and i truly hope that request gains recognition and popularity..... ALL WARFRAMES ARE NAUGHT BUT LUCKY KIDS! can we please receive tennos that earned their powers, tennos we can relate to!?

I know the world isn't meant to be fairer than the real world, but at least give worthy people a chance to match the lucky bastards of the WarFrame universe, these "lucky bastards" being, of course, the children of the Ten-Zero accident. they're childrens made gods, that's uncomfortable, that's extremely unfair, i can't imagine how anyone can relate to the characters they're playing, makes the WarFrame universe feel unbelievable and awful, and i mean AWFUL... awful for you and all other civilians and specially fighters that can only live fearing and envying the Tenno which all of us are basically by the mercy of, a entire race of lucky super-man children looking from above the pathetic and unlucky rest of us, and there isn't much one can do to at least become comparable to them. = in these conditions, no one can feel bad for the "poor" tennos that had their share of suffering in the hands of the scumbag fascists that should burn for a thousand years each of them Onokin.

In real life, would all nations (and factions and cliché secret organizations) really just accept their battle inferiority and stop trying to mimic the Ten-Zero accident!? no neutral organization would never find a genetic-engineering serum!? that some trial would never be made to give the common ones a chance!? (if i knew super-powered people existed in real life because "luck", i would do A LOT to match them, so i could, i don't know, defend my hypothetical daughter and wife from a berserk thug or potential rapist among the Tenno!? i would never accept being defenceless!)

that's the great problem i have with things such as Harry Potter, Boku no Hero, and DC Universe... please don't give a blind eye for this request, don't let WarFrame become like these... for the sake of meritocracy.

there weren't another nation '-' the power and control of everything was in the hands of the orokin. 
they can't replicate the operator power because they don't even know how they got then, void is a place were nothing make sense for our reality, its not genetic, its the closest to magic that can be have without calling it magic. also, the zarimman was the only one that came back, but there were another ones

the ''worth people'' became the warframes in a very agonizing fashion. They didn't even know that the operator could control then untill halfway of the war against the sentients.And you call then lucky? slowly losing their sanity to a thing that may and may no be real, and really be and not be real at the same time?
you really don't understand, one, mostly don't know about the operator, second, for the civilians, warframes are their ray of hope, the only thing they know they can have to save then from the armaments  grinner, the money-hungry corpus and the tecnocythe plague.
And I can very well put me in the place of my operator, that's called empathy. 

you know, sometimes the world is unfair, doesn't mater if you like or not, for you example, you could try a lot, and in the end it would not mater nothing. SO if you could relate to a fantasy character that have something that you don't have, is not their problem.

lucky bastards

I wouldn't call losing their parents and being tortured by this "power" lucky. The only reason they were able to survive this long was because of Margulis and the transferance. They had to train themselves to control the powers that they had. 

really just accept their battle inferiority and stop trying to mimic the Ten-Zero acciden

I suspect it is for the fear of the Sentient Hoarde that noone dared to do it again. Seeing as the warframes have been dormant since the old war, and the tenno seemed to have been lost, people like Alad V decided to just use the warframe technology, as seen with the Zanuka Project, rather than risk even bigger failure going through the void. Even if they succeed on creating new Tenno's they cannot guarantee obedience. 

i can't imagine how anyone can relate to the characters they're playing

As we see in the comics, in the warframe universe, our numbers are extremely few. There aren't 30m registered losers out there. It's more likely that the amount of incubators in the reservoir, is the actual amount of surviving tennos. 

This is why we can keep exterminating these grineers, corpus, and infested but never seem to dent their numbers. Imagine that there are already 7 billion people now, how many more would there be to populate the whole solar system that we would require multiple outposts in each planet.

I do want more lore, but your suggestions do not align with the current canon. 

It would be more likely for the other factions to create or control warframes rather than tennos because there are less luck involved in that and the technology is there. Tennos, on the other hand, are just accidents. The warframes were created before them, and therefore can be used without them.

1 hour ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

I wouldn't call losing their parents and being tortured by this "power" lucky. The only reason they were able to survive this long was because of Margulis and the transferance. They had to train themselves to control the powers that they had. 

I suspect it is for the fear of the Sentient Hoarde that noone dared to do it again. Seeing as the warframes have been dormant since the old war, and the tenno seemed to have been lost, people like Alad V decided to just use the warframe technology, as seen with the Zanuka Project, rather than risk even bigger failure going through the void. Even if they succeed on creating new Tenno's they cannot guarantee obedience. 

As we see in the comics, in the warframe universe, our numbers are extremely few. There aren't 30m registered losers out there. It's more likely that the amount of incubators in the reservoir, is the actual amount of surviving tennos. 

This is why we can keep exterminating these grineers, corpus, and infested but never seem to dent their numbers. Imagine that there are already 7 billion people now, how many more would there be to populate the whole solar system that we would require multiple outposts in each planet.

I do want more lore, but your suggestions do not align with the current canon. 

It would be more likely for the other factions to create or control warframes rather than tennos because there are less luck involved in that and the technology is there. Tennos, on the other hand, are just accidents. The warframes were created before them, and therefore can be used without them.

i see you didn't got the point.... the Tenno have UNMATCHED power, and so, it is only natural for nearly all other soldiers from any faction to fear and envy them! my suggestion was to give these soldiers a option other than just keep fearing and envying them, like accepting a trial from Man In the Wall.

2 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Irrelevant to thread but TELL ME HOW I MUST KNOW HOW TO DO THE THING

My guess for someone normal would be to follow tutorials online and practice trying to lucid dream until it becomes second nature.

Wouldn't really know though; I've been doing this my whole life since i was like 5.

I can get behind grown up tennos if only for the thicc and potential bijin looks but other than that nah, I need to feel like a total elitist in the game as a fair and accurate representation of real life. Sarcastic, except for the thicc and bijin part.

As for why the Tenno survived it, other than the fact children's bodies tend to have more capacity to adapt to trauma, likely the people themselves already had some underlying genetic superiority and aptitude since the whole Orokin Empire seemed quite big on designer babies and gene engineering. Something the Grineer is lacking in and can never achieve. The Corpus I don't know but it's possible they just weren't that perfect. There is probably a reason why it's non repeatable.

4 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

There might be. We don't know the size of the Zariman. Orokin technology was sufficiently advanced it could've been a colossal colony ship composed of millions. Plus, the Reservoir is housed within Lua—the moon—which had been surrounded by an Orokin cage. We don't know how extensively it was converted into a livable colony by the Orokin. It could easily house millions. According to Forbes, if we go by the population density of the densest Earth city (Manila, with 100,000 people per square mile), the moon's surface, if fully converted to a megametropolis, could house over a trillion.