Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey guls and gals, it's time to learn all we can about Fortuna

(PSN)RaivynLyken

Question

Hello my fellow Tenno!

I wanted to drop in and let you all know my latest piece to help both new and veteran players alike has officially been posted. I hope this helps you all as I've done a full round-up about the upcoming Fortuna expansion! I hope this helps some of you better understand what to expect and I hope the staff enjoys it as well! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Here’s what you need to know about Warframe’s Fortuna Update

If this isn't allowed, please, let me know and I'll stop releasing this kind of information once in a while for the community!

Best,

RaivynLyken

7 answers to this question

Great work on that article! I would like to make a comment on this:

Those looking to explore the Fortuna itself can get ready to do so the first week of November, making Nov. 6th a highly likely date due to that being the first week of the month and a Tuesday when the PlayStation Store, Steam and the Windows Store all begin to update that very morning.

It is important to mention that it has been years since DE released a major update on a Tuesday (It is rare even for smaller updates). You should also probably mention that the info on the release date concerns PC users since PS4 and XB1 are due to recieve the update later in the month.

7 minutes ago, konaka123 said:

Great work on that article! I would like to make a comment on this:

It is important to mention that it has been years since DE released a major update on a Tuesday (It is rare even for smaller updates). You should also probably mention that the info on the release date concerns PC users since PS4 and XB1 are due to recieve the update later in the month.

I really hope they release the update for all platforms at the same time for once, it's really unfair that we have to have all the suprises ruined by PC players who can't keep their mouths shut. I just played the Chimera prologue but it was useless because I saw a picture of Ballas on Twitter the same day it was released on PC. The whole certification thing shouldn't be used as a excuse because DE can try to push the console version out to cert before launching on PC, that would reduce the delay

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

...because DE can try to push the console version out to cert before launching on PC, that would reduce the delay

The problem with that approach is that, as you can see in the past, major updates often drop with a ton of bugs.This is not a problem on PC as they can publish more fixes any time they require it with ease. For Consoles however, fixing those bugs would take putting another build through cert and waiting for it to be approved. That is why they choose to publish the (mostly) bug-free versions on Consoles so you can have a smoother experience overall.

Imagine if, Fortuna dropped everywhere at once, but there was a game-breaking bug that would not let you get out into the Orb Vallis. DE could have it fixed in a few hours and publish it on PC right after, but it would take Consoles a week to be able to play which would end up in more frustrated players. So Console exchanges later release dates for a more complete experience.

25 minutes ago, konaka123 said:

The problem with that approach is that, as you can see in the past, major updates often drop with a ton of bugs.This is not a problem on PC as they can publish more fixes any time they require it with ease. For Consoles however, fixing those bugs would take putting another build through cert and waiting for it to be approved. That is why they choose to publish the (mostly) bug-free versions on Consoles so you can have a smoother experience overall.

Imagine if, Fortuna dropped everywhere at once, but there was a game-breaking bug that would not let you get out into the Orb Vallis. DE could have it fixed in a few hours and publish it on PC right after, but it would take Consoles a week to be able to play which would end up in more frustrated players. So Console exchanges later release dates for a more complete experience.

True but couldn't they do closed beta tests or play test it themselves? Surely that'll remove some of the bugs for PC as well. And the game isn't called Bugframe for nothing lol, I'm running into bugs almost a year later that I encountered during my first few hours. With a few random playthroughs by the devs they should be able to spot and hopefully squash most of the bugs that makes it's way into the update

5 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

True but couldn't they do closed beta tests or play test it themselves?

That would push back the launch target timeline even farther. And beside the game is always in beta test phase, where players are the testers.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

True but couldn't they do closed beta tests or play test it themselves? Surely that'll remove some of the bugs for PC as well. And the game isn't called Bugframe for nothing lol, I'm running into bugs almost a year later that I encountered during my first few hours. With a few random playthroughs by the devs they should be able to spot and hopefully squash most of the bugs that makes it's way into the update

Actually, a few random playthroughs by the devs would miss a lot of possible bugs. Hell, even a dedicated group of playtesters would likely miss a few and there are bugs that literally only manifest after release because they are dependant on large volume of operations.