Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

These Mission Based Spawns Are Just Ridiculous

Lichformed

Okay I won't be beating around the bush.

I just literally played a Lith Excavation for 30 minutes to open 2 relics just because of ridiculous spawns.

The first and second drills were nice, constant action, shootin' and tootin'.

But the first extractor on the second relic. At first enemies spawned frequently, but none were the fuel carriers, so just barely could keep the output up, and then it stopped at 40%

40%

Sometimes enemies spawned, usually with a minute of AFK time in between, about 8 from none had fuel carriers. Went to scan flowers and check nearby tiles, nothing.

Saw one group of enemies that had spawned inside the walls on a ceiling corner. Literally what.

Then I just decided to run through the map and go proc the 2 excavators that had been sitting there, waited for them to be destroyed and extracted.

But I mean why is this even possible? 30 minutes of doing jack all because the game doesn't spawn stuff properly anymore.

I mean in survival I've noticed the lack of supplies dropping too compared to the days of old.

I don't know if something was changed related to spawn rate when playing solo, but I mean this ain't fun.

6 minutes ago, Lichformed said:

I don't know if something was changed related to spawn rate when playing solo, but I mean this ain't fun.

I do think DE has made some changes to this. The game is meant to be a co-op game, but many people play it solo. So perhaps DE is trying to encourage people to play in teams?

I have just given up on missions that require enemies to spawn for mission progression. I tend to play solo, and the rate is abysmally low. So it is not enjoyable. I do not know if this was intentional on DE's part, but they seem to be progressively reducing solo spawns.

I've noticed the degradation of spawn rates when running missions alone and yeah it's gotten worse to the point where I can walk 2 or 3 rooms on a survival without seeing a single enemy so that gamemode has become suffocation instead of survival.  Then in excavation same experience as the OP has had, the new Arbritration Alert for excavation is just about impossible solo since you don't get enough mobs spawning and if you run away too far they spawn on top of it and it's gone in a fraction of a second due to enemy levels. Capture is great for relics except that lately even there... i've started having mob spawns just stop once the target is captured and this includes the ones coming through void fissures to provide reactant meaning I've gotten to about 7 or 8 reactant out of 10 and then the well dries up and so i have to quit losing 5 or so mins of progress and try again.

Wish there was more transparency if the intention is to force players into squads, at the moment it is just ruining gameplay to the point where I am just treading water waiting for Fortuna to arrive hoping it brings improved mob spawns with it for the new content getting added.

30 minutes ago, Lichformed said:

Not that I recall of.

But something was changed in terms of pathing - the way the enemies move towards you. While the change is intended to improve AI movement, for now it doesn't really work on many maps. You'll often see enemies just standing still even when they can see you.

So my guess is that you travelled to a tileset where the AI doesn't really know how to move yet. The enemies had spawned a couple of tilesets away and they didn't come to you.

49 minutes ago, Lichformed said:

Saw one group of enemies that had spawned inside the walls on a ceiling corner. Literally what.

Then I just decided to...

"... make a bug report because that is how I help the developers fix these things."

Edited by Fishyflakes

vor 21 Stunden schrieb krc473:

I do think DE has made some changes to this. The game is meant to be a co-op game, but many people play it solo. So perhaps DE is trying to encourage people to play in teams?

I have just given up on missions that require enemies to spawn for mission progression. I tend to play solo, and the rate is abysmally low. So it is not enjoyable. I do not know if this was intentional on DE's part, but they seem to be progressively reducing solo spawns.

I don't know if that's the right way of encouraging coop 😄 . I don't like to play in groups too much because it's just a struggle to be able to shoot at anything before the entire map dies. If I can't shoot anything in solo either boring times will be ahead 😉. It's the main reason I don't really play survival anymore, got tired of playing Nekros and other frames struggle too much to keep life support up, even if you immediatly kill everything in sight. For fissures you run into the added problem that the entire group has to extract, so the only endless fissure I bother with is defense, wlthough that takes much longer per opened relic that capture. So in the end, at least for me, the relic system has kind of killed diversity instead of reinvigorating it 😄

add rewards per wave, and additional enemies - robots - and obstables such as hard fog, rain and ice that makes warframes slip around instead of fly, using platforms and general cover and challenge pilots when faced with weather and difficult control limitations and mechanics, emp, and ability blocking that are natural to each planet would make teams fight together more effectively using cover and adequate rewards or items,

also the relics dont have many rewards or easy ways for players to enjoy them the upgrades and apeparance could be improved, as well as the items found could include additional glamour and resources, gear, and weapons, repetitive findings are a problem that should be targeted or converted chasis for points towards new skills or buying mods.any thing.oh i just think the relics look overly simular and plain2d descriptions and awful presentation, maybe if they were floating and found in missions, those lockers are useless and filled with cyan stars and crappy ammo, why not have random tactical blueprints and mods inside them boxes, as well as reinforcing decriptions or security traps with rewards, the game is too easy.