Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Safe Havens or ESC option return to Cetus/ship with loot/affinity gained

tastic

At times solo I am having to go afk and as we can't pause the game in PoE etc, I need to find a safe area to leave my frame safe which with random spawns isn't always possible making any affinity gained at risk.

So I am asking if we can either get safe havens within the open area of PoE that we can quickly get to in flight or fast travel,  or an ESC menu option so to return to Cetus/ship so that all loot and affinity gained if solo is saved, as I can't always make it to the Cetus door to zone out if I get random family visits etc

Hmmm... on the one side I can see the logic in this, on the other I can see this as being a afk leech paradise....mind you with your use case scenario I'm not sure how this will help you as it doesn't exactly take a long time to get to cetus door with most archwings so you'd have the same issue getting to the 'safe zone'....

I don't mind 'safe zones' as long as they don't give a player access to rewards or affinity while being used by a player and I don't think it should be accessible during a public group mission either.

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I don't mind 'safe zones' as long as they don't give a player access to rewards or affinity while being used by a player and I don't think it should be accessible during a public group mission either.

ditto. though the problem of an absence of "safe zones" has mostly been mitigated by the unlimited archwing deployer update. the only thing that we need now is the ability for individual extractions post-bounty completion/failure.

5 minutes ago, evilChair said:

the only thing that we need now is the ability for individual extractions post-bounty completion/failure.

Um... I thought you could do that. 

You can leave a group and keep your loot on PoE, it can be a bit annoying at times because for some reason DE makes it so you're a 'host' so you might get people 'joining you' but I know I've done this and kept my loot. 

It would be nice if this could be expanded to excavation/survival type missions too. 

5 hours ago, tastic said:

At times solo I am having to go afk and as we can't pause the game in PoE etc, I need to find a safe area to leave my frame safe which with random spawns isn't always possible making any affinity gained at risk.

So I am asking if we can either get safe havens within the open area of PoE that we can quickly get to in flight or fast travel,  or an ESC menu option so to return to Cetus/ship so that all loot and affinity gained if solo is saved, as I can't always make it to the Cetus door to zone out if I get random family visits etc

Warframe players who are also parents of small children would love this. Kids don't always give you time to get safe.

Edited by (PS4)Firebrandd
awkward wording

FWIW, when this happens to me I'll try to run into the mouth of one of the caves, inside one of the areas surrounded by sentient bits with a clearing in the middle, or at least some large rocks and crouch as long as there aren't nearby enemies. Enemies can be pretty oblivious of you when crouching and with the added cover there's a pretty good chance you'll be safe. As long as your pet or sentinal doesn't have miles of visibility hopefully it will only engage anything that truly stumbled upon you. I'm pretty sure I've never been bothered for up to 5 minutes or so I've stepped away like this.

Good luck.

Mission progress should be saved at each checkpoint anyway. I prefer the "leave if you want to" option because it would fix a lot of issues with endless missions, bounties, waiting at extraction for slowpoke´s, etc. Hopefully de decides to work on this subject someday and will fix the host migration problem finally.

Edited by Arcira

11 hours ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

I'd rather have an AFK option - toggle it on, no mobs can interact with you, no mission progress, etc., till you toggle it back off. It allows for you to safe haven in place without having to take time to find the safe haven.

I could accept that as long as its solo instance only

Little Known Info:

when in Plains of Eidolon

if doing a Bounty from Konzu

Completing a Boutny Stage will Save any rewards and items picked up so far.

so menu->abort will display an empty failure screen, but your actual Inventory will be retained. (try it yourself easy to verify)

Possble that Random Incursions might also Save, but I haven't tested this specifically....

But yes, it would be nice if we could call Ordis to come pick us up, we do have a landing craft after all....

In fact wasn't there an early story mission where he does just that, and we get to see our lander fly in?

1 hour ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

But yes, it would be nice if we could call Ordis to come pick us up, we do have a landing craft after all....

In fact wasn't there an early story mission where he does just that, and we get to see our lander fly in?

You're probably thinking of the final Jordas mission.