Melee 3.0 and Zenistar

(PSN)snkhuong

for one you got ripped off that riven would be worth at best 1/5th that.  just proof that people have gone insane with pricing their riven mods.its seeing crap that like that that makes me sometimes wish DE would add in a market for atleast the riven mods and cap what they can be traded for at maybe 8-900 casue there are some be good enough to warrant that but this several grand is stupid at its highest level

54 minutes ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

So I've heard rumours that they will do something to the range ? Would this affect Zenistar disc as well. I have a range + attack speed riven that I bought for 1500p and don't wanna see it get worthless after 3.0 comes out

Tough, you spend that much you have to accept that it may get changed and be worthless

59 minutes ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

So I've heard rumours that they will do something to the range ? Would this affect Zenistar disc as well. I have a range + attack speed riven that I bought for 1500p and don't wanna see it get worthless after 3.0 comes out

Doesn't matter how much you spent, as long as your happy with your purchase. 

That aside, I think Zenistar will be fine. Screencapped pictures of Reach showed that the mod offered punch through in the new build on heavy attacks which is what I believe a charge attack will become now.

32 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Jumps into player controlled market. Expects DE to protect their "investment". 

Yeah. See how that sounds?

When did I ever ask DE to protect my investment ? Why can't u ask a simple question on forum without getting attacked by passive aggressive people ? I'm asking if 3.0 change will affect zenistar - as simple as that

40 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

That aside, I think Zenistar will be fine. Screencapped pictures of Reach showed that the mod offered punch through in the new build on heavy attacks which is what I believe a charge attack will become now.

I really hope range as a stat is not completely gone and we aren’t stuck with the terrible melee base ranges...

i am ok with a nerf on range tho, primed reach at 100% range and riven mods with 80% as best roll for 5/5 weapons

no actually a range/as/negative zenistart riven is quite expensive... yall dont know prices clearly lol

and No it should not affect zenistar if anything its going to make zenistart better.. people seem to be forgetting that in that rework melee weapons are going to have a BASE range increase for the ones that need it (pretty much any non whip/long sword) which is going to effectively probably make the riven worth more despite the range on the riven/mod being lower supposedly. 

for example. The range of Zenistar is if i had to guess.. 2m meters? so add in a maxed primed reach and  (165% and lets say 45 % range on the riven) 

one can safely assume that the base range of melee is prob going to sit around 5 meters which is already more then ^ without any mods. and 5 meters is a pretty small number. now im not entirely sure how the range of the disc is counted but this tiny example is exactly why the range "nerf" is not a nerf and actually a balance.

also who knows maybe the dispo will go up? (not likely since they have not mentioned anything in relation to rivens for a longgggg time)

Edited by Makunogo

5 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

no actually a range/as/negative zenistart riven is quite expensive... yall dont know prices clearly lol

yep its 70 range 30 speed neg combo duration, which is pretty much the perfect roll. It should be around 2k so 1k5 is not bad at all. 

I find it funny to see people who don't know anything about prices complain about other people overpaying for their rivens

Edited by (PS4)snkhuong

2 minutes ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

yep its 70 range 30 speed neg combo duration, which is pretty much the perfect roll. It should be around 2k so 1k5 is not bad at all. 

I find it funny to see people who don't know anything about prices complain about other people overpaying for their rivens

To be fair, riven prices in general are just ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

To be fair, riven prices in general are just ridiculous.

i disagree. prices are mostly dictated by the amount of demand for them. which ends up creating a general base price.

theses prices are usually averaged out over long periods of time by the use of bots or just simply watching the trends

if you actually checked prices of lots of rivens over time you would actually see that they are not as random as they appear to be.

though there is still people out there who dont price check and put up completly random numbers. its still a free market but when half the community is wtb for example a rubico riven for 1k+ regardless of the stats people tend to notice

Edited by Makunogo

5 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

That's exactly my point. Those prices shouldn't be so high because (IMO) no one should care that much about getting a riven for any specific weapon.

in this case. That is the perfect roll for zenistar. who are you to dictate how much people are willing to spend ? 

prices are high/low based on demand. if someone can't afford it. that's their problem really. it's not the community problem 

are you somehow implying that people should pay any price for something ? i mean sure they can if they try hard enough but that's essentially ripping off the seller especially when they know it's worth more. 

it's a free market but base prices are there to help people not hurt.

Edited by Makunogo

4 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

in this case. That is the perfect roll for zenistar. who are you to dictate how much people are willing to spend ? 

prices are high/low based on demand. if someone can't afford it. that's their problem really. its not the community problem 

"Perfect roll."
It's a disposition 1 weapon. A perfect roll still isn't even that good.

Again, this is my opinion, but why on earth would anyone spend that much on any one mod? Regardless of weapon or stat. 2000 plat is literally close to $100. 
And the whole "If someone can't afford it, it's their problem," thing is touching close to some rather dangerous territory. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

Well guess we will know when the change come out. DE can change this things from hour to hour.

And tbh it sound like you are affraid your riven will lose its value. Well that is the risk you acepted when buying that riven.

2 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

"Perfect roll."
It's a disposition 1 weapon. A perfect roll still isn't even that good.

Again, this is my opinion, but why on earth would anyone spend that much on any one mod? Regardless of weapon or stat. 2000 plat is literally close to $100. 
And the whole "If someone can't afford it, it's their problem," thing is touching close to some rather dangerous territory. 

if you have a zenistar riven with dispo 2 i will surely by it. do not put a price on plat. because its completly farmable.  do you honestly think everyone who buys a riven is someone who spent money on it? 

also most people dont buy plat unless it is with a discount. i get 4500 plat with a 75% which is 25$ and i still dont buy it because its so easy to earn plat. 

also you clearly haven't used the zenistar with a perfect riven.  if that thing had any higher dispo the zenistar would prob get nerfed because the CC from all that range would be broken.

Edited by Makunogo

4 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

Such a thing is literally impossible to get. However, that doesn't make 70% range and 30% speed great. Sure, it's the best you can get, but the Ether Daggers are the best dual daggers you can get, and are they good? Not especially. 

its perfect because its the best u can get for the riven. the dispo doesnt matter. simple as that. 

it was a joke as you clearly implied that a dispo 1 riven cant be "perfect" which is just illogical. as you said yourself "it's impossible to get"

also your dagger statement has completly no relevance to the zenistar

Edited by Makunogo

4 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

Best you can get, does not mean good. Regardless of whether or not it's a "perfect roll", those stats still should not make it worth 2k.

as i said in my earlier comments. Demand dictates the price. AS/Range/Neg is a very uncommon roll. and the amount of people who want that roll is very high. 

it doesn't matter if you dont think its worth it. what matters is that it sells 

also it wouldn't be a perfect stat if it wasn't good..  seriously i'm starting to think you haven't even used the weapon 

its pretty obvious you are implying its "not good" because there is dispo 2-5. BUT zenistar doesnt have dispo 2-5.. 

Also if you want to get technical... More range is better than Less range... if the increase was bad do you honestly think it would be worth so much? 

Edited by Makunogo

Just now, Makunogo said:

as i said in my earlier comments. Demand dictates the price. AS/Range/Neg is a very uncommon roll. and the amount of people who want that roll is very high. 

it doesn't matter if you dont think its worth it. what matters is that it sells 

It absolutely matters what I think it's worth, because it only sells so well because of what people think it's worth. If everyone just up and went "I don't feel like spending that much plat on one mod with meh stats" then the price would drop like a stone. That's how supply/demand works. Now my opinion on the value may not be very influential since I know I'm at odds with everyone who trades rivens, but that sort of demand is only created by whether or not players think it's worth it.

2 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

It absolutely matters what I think it's worth, because it only sells so well because of what people think it's worth. If everyone just up and went "I don't feel like spending that much plat on one mod with meh stats" then the price would drop like a stone. That's how supply/demand works. Now my opinion on the value may not be very influential since I know I'm at odds with everyone who trades rivens, but that sort of demand is only created by whether or not players think it's worth it.

well good luck telling everyone who buys/sells something to sell/buy for less because you feel like it.

Edited by Makunogo