Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disposition update - please reconsider

(PSN)snkhuong

5 hours ago, Atsia said:

Yeah, I don't really expect anything being done about it widespread until after Railjack at least, unless they're gonna stealth change them with Fortuna. At least melee dispositions will change with 3.0.

uhh do you have like a source cuz I never heard of DE changing dispos on melee 3.0

11 minutes ago, rainpig said:

uhh do you have like a source cuz I never heard of DE changing dispos on melee 3.0

I'm basing this off the fact that dispositions got changed in the previous weapon reworks. And even if not, DE would probably take the chance to change dispositions since they're changing stats in general.

Edited by Atsia

I personally welcome the changes that will come. The gram prime and Rubico is far to strong woth rivens right now and dispositions were never meant to be stuck at one point. It may even make some content slightly more challenging when the OP rivens are brought down to size. Nothing but good happens and the market wont be so full of greed anymore. Who would be against it unless they are selling the ones selling the overpriced rivens?

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander
Typo

Riven disposition is supposed to be based on the popularity of the weapon so unpopular weapons get more/better rivens than popular ones.  Over time things can change the popularity of weapons(such as an unpopular weapon getting a lot of good rivens so people start using it).  This means that disposition needs to be changed from time to time to reflect changes to popularity.

This doesn't take away the rivens that already exist.  It would change the odds of rolling a given weapon when unveiling and change the odds of rerolling it for new stats.

23 hours ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

DE will shoot themselves in the foot if they nerf disposition. Lots of players (especially vets) would quit. No one would want to buy plat to invest in rivens anymore = less money for DE. The game is getting more dead everyday due to lack of content - killing a portion of the game's fan base is the last thing they want to do. 

A lot of vets are still playing because rivens are end game for them. 

People that want to see disposition nerfed tend to be:

1. New players that don't have good rivens and jealous of some MR 20 who have a collection of good rivens

2. People who don't know how to earn plat in game, and/or not willing to buy plat with real money

First it's fearmongering and then it's bs assumptions as if you knew the background of those who ask for disposition changes.

I've spent good money for this game and continue to do so. I got more than enough good rivens for good weapons so you would probably be jealous of me if you swing that way emotionally. I don't. And I can farm about 2k platinum a month by investing one and a half hours daily into the game, which I do. And I support disposition change.

And I don't assume everyone who doesn't want disposition change is a greedy riven dealer, some have actually decent arguments. But you on this post, not.

As for why I support disposition change, is to see some underused low disposition weapons to get a higher rank. I've yet to see a good argument why that is bad, only that "oh then Pyrana Prime won't own anymore". I don't mind current rivens keeping their stat values as long as you can't trade them with those same values after disposition change, so that people who get riven for what would be disposition 2 Pyrana can make some platinum out of it.

23 hours ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Rivens should modify base weapon stats. 

I overlooked this earlier, but THIS, SO MUCH THIS.

This sort of implementation would actually make Rivens fairly interesting by enabling all sorts of different builds instead of the same tired stats being "good" and all others being comparatively worthless.

Non-crit weapons could become crit weapons. Non-status weapons could become status weapons. Reload speed could become game-changing for applicable weapons. Terminal Velocity might start making a noticeable difference. So on and so forth...

Disposition is tied to popularity, so when a new weapon  comes along that is OP and some one finally gets a riven for it, they then show off and it becomes more popular, then you get more people trading "god rivens" as they like to say for stupid amount of plat.

All your doing is narcing on your self, bringing more attention to the weapon you using and that will result in more users of your sacred "god riven".

He is a tip: IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR RIVEN NERF'D STOP SHOWING OFF AND KEEP YOUR BUILD A SECRET.

Maybe stop making walkthrus for everyone to follow on how to get nerf'd faster.

Rivens should have just work as a base stat augment is a secondary slot.

You get 3p(positive)-2n(negative), 2p-1n or 1p stats on the weapon and thats it.

+20 damage with +5% crit chance and lets say -0,5 firerate is enough on most low fodder weapons to make them more used and for the trash tier stuff its only needed to be higher.

Also instead of basing the whole system on popularity and absurd numbers just set up some baseline numbers on what is the max achieveable buff.

For example lets say the max total damage reachable is 50 and the max crit is 20%. 

With this in mind the base lato could get +20 damage from a riven and +10% crit chance. The soma prime could get +38 damage but couldnt get a crit stat on it.