Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing *ALL* momentum with melee attacks

(PSN)Quatronostro

Question

Okay, ever since the newest Chimera update with Abitrations came out I've noticed something.

Before this update I had *some* fluid movement with my melee attacks , conserving a bit of momentum and all that.

After an attack I wouldn't need to get another running start to keep that momentum. The actual distance I travel when attacking is much lower it seems. 

Now ever since Chimera dropped I feel as if my attacks lose *ALL* momentum. With my Crimson Dervish Broken War, the second slash COMPLETELY stops me in place, with zero movement whatsoever.It feels like I have to get another running start up.

I'M Mr9 AND AM AWARE THAT MELEE ATTACKS SLOW YOUR MOVEMENT. I'm talking about the momentum completely disappearing with each strike, staying in place.

Has anyone experienced something similar to this? And if anyone knows a fix please type it in or if it's somewhere in the patch notes please post it. Thanks

Edited by (PS4)ParaHahaa

14 answers to this question

Been an issue on PC ever since the Chimera Update as well.

The holstered melee combo for Blind Justice nearly stops me as well, have to use slide attacks to maintain any kind of momentum and I don't like that.
Probably some changes for Melee 3.0 got sent out early, and I'm hoping it's a bug as well.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I really didnt notice any difference, might be because of the weapon you use. I usually play with a Zaw Dagger and some times my Momentum is so high that it bugs when im attacking and my frame starts slipping backwards instead of in the direction i aim.

Sounds like s**t haha. But I really do think it's only some weapons that have this. Every weapon, personally, that I tried so far has this same effect. The Glaive, Galatine, Boltace and Broken War as mentioned. 

Edited by (PS4)ParaHahaa

I've been using the volnus a lot recently and noticed the change as soon as the Chimera update released. It does seem to effect some weapons more or less than others, because the hirudo by comparison doesn't seem to have wound up too different. It's been reported a few times in the bug report forums already.