Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PSN)SilentTakeo

Whenever Chimera dropped on PS4, I was ecstatic to jump into my dojo and make use of the newly added Note Beacon decoration.

Being granted the possibility to FINALLY place messages and information for other players to peer upon was something I had dreamed of since my first delve into dojo decorating three years ago.

I let the hype go to my head.

Much to my chagrin, the Note Beacon was a personal decoration.... that required 35 Platinum per beacon.... and the beacon only supported 25-30 characters each.... and that the beacon took up 25 capacity per beacon placement.... 

Needless to say, I WAS ecstatic, but now I'm just disappointed.

There was sooooo much potential to make Note Beacons absolutely amazing implementations.

But, these Note Beacons? These gold-plated sticky notes?

Too expensive.

I would have to pay $5 (70 Platinum for two beacons) to make one decent sentence.

ONE.

SENTENCE.

DE, sincerely, change this please.

To some degree, I can understand why the beacon would take up a lot of space.

But, making these cheapjack Note Beacons a premium purchase, and 35 Platinum at that?

-

It's like dangling a delicious, freshly picked apple in front of a starving child. You tell this child, "If you want this apple, give me $20."

Of course, the starving boy hands you $20. He's starving.

But, the first bite reveals a worm.

-

DE, there was so much potential. But, I don't think it's fair to your players to charge copious amounts of Platinum for something as needed by dojo architects as the Note Beacon.

3 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

You do realise you can trade items to other players to get your platinum, right?

Someone still bought it though. And unlike on PC, that platinum was bought for a set price, forgetting for a sec the occasional sale that happens.. once per year?

70p = $5, and I can see the argument that that is a bit expensive for single sentence.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)SilentTakeo said:

It's like dangling a delicious, freshly picked apple in front of a starving child. You tell this child, "If you want this apple, give me $20."

Of course, the starving boy hands you $20. He's starving.

But, the first bite reveals a worm.

I don't know if I'd go that far.

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Someone still bought it though. And unlike on PC, that platinum was bought for a set price, forgetting for a sec the occasional sale that happens.. once per year?

70p = $5, and I can see the argument that that is a bit expensive for single sentence.

Someone who bought it has the money and desire to do so. They weren't forced, tricked or manipulated into doing anything.

I think the note beacon is fine for what it is an Orbiter decoration and optional Dojo decoration. However, there really needs to be some sort of billboard decoration for Dojos that can be crafted like every other dojo decoration. And even just a dedicated Message of the Day billboard would be nice.

58 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

So someone spent money on it because they wanted to. That's about it.

These things are introduced for spenders and honesty 35p is a reasonable price for it. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE YOU CAN GET PLATINUM BY TRADING.

But 70p is still $5 worth. OP is providing feedback that they feel that is too pricey an amount for a single sentence. 

Trading doesn't change that, saying that people aren't forced to purchase it is completely irrelevant. It's still worth that amount.

Why are you jimmies rustled enough to the point where you feel the need to yell? This is simple enough to understand.

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

honesty 35p is a reasonable price for it

In your opinion, agree to disagree.

57 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

However, there really needs to be some sort of billboard decoration for Dojos that can be crafted like every other dojo decoration. And even just a dedicated Message of the Day billboard would be nice.

This could be a decent fix for it, limit it to one or two per Dojo if space is a concern.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

But 70p is still $5 worth. OP is providing feedback that they feel that is too pricey an amount for a single sentence. 

Trading doesn't change that, saying that people aren't forced to purchase it is completely irrelevant. It's still worth that amount.

Why are you jimmies rustled enough to the point where you feel the need to yell? This is simple enough to understand.

It's not jimmies rusled, I happened to be fresh out of shower so no jimmies involved.

It doesn't matter if 70p is 5 dollars. Because you can get the platinum ingame, therefore it's not 5 dollars. You think Tennogen is 80 platinum? PC doesn't even have Tennogen for platinum. Nearly everything costs platinum. The problem would exist if the item actually cost 5 dollars, and not 70 TRADEABLE platinum. Those 5 dollars are not 5 dollars for whoever did not pay real money for platinum. Someone bought platinum to trade, somehow through trade some of that platinum ends up with you, you got that platinum by playing and not paying. Someone didn't pay 5 dollars for those decorations, they payed 10, 15 dollars for a platinum injection so they could buy something else in game.

@Acersecomic - I see what you're saying, but I think you're missing the point they are making.  Regardless of HOW the plat is made, it's their right to feel that this item, "note beacon" is a bit pricey.  I don't disagree with them.  If it allowed more 'characters' to use, say limiting it to 100, then it would make more sense.  (Remembering this includes spaces as characters as well).  You seem a bit disgruntled that they shared their opinion, but they have a right to do that without you becoming disjointed that you disagree.  If you disagree, so-be-it, disagree, but you keep pushing the point that YOU feel it's 'affordable' based on the ways in which plat can be acquired.  If you feel it's affordable fine, buy as many as you like, but there are others of us out here that don't feel it's affordably priced regardless of HOW the plat is acquired.  If someone gives us plat, and we spend it, does it make whatever we are purchasing more affordable?   What is it you're arguing about?  I don't see an argument here.  It's their opinion vs yours..... you've not been singled out for your thought process.  Some will find it affordable, others won't.  It matters NOT how you "acquire" the plat!!  Personally, I think it would be a lovely gesture from you, seeing how you feel it's so 'affordable', perhaps you'd find it in your heart to gift a couple of them to the OP??  Just saying........   🙂 

I completely agree with OP, for the same amount of plat I can buy some armor. I have a large dojo with an active clan. When I saw this beacon being a thing I got excited, finally a way to put up the clan rules, events and way of ranking up in the clan. But 35p for hardly half a sentence is unreasonable. 

Its nice to see all the refusing answers regarding the unfair price value for one sentence. If so DE surely will test next time if the get 5$ for one word.

Feedback exists to ensure certain values not being undermined. If this overpriced trading goes on, then it would rather be more consumer friendly, if they just put a price tag on the game at the very beginning, taking away the arguments of so many people that DE is starving to death as they dont get any money.

Am 31.10.2018 um 20:23 schrieb Acersecomic:

It doesn't matter if 70p is 5 dollars. Because you can get the platinum ingame, therefore it's not 5 dollars.

If you trade for plat, where does that plat come from?

Can you simply "trade with the game" to make plat appear magically?

Or did the plat maybe is available because some one bought it for the price OP mentioned?

It still keeps the value it has (even if some people in tradechat act like its not worth anything)

+ when someone buys something from the ingame-market, the plat used is not available for trading anymore.

I would maybe accept the argument that it doesnt have a set value when you use it for trading with other players, but as soon as you buy something from the market it does.

One last thing i wanna add: At least when i bought 2 of those beacons for the dojo, i havent been told ingame that i only have 30 characters on each beacon. I can imagine someone isnt happy to find that out if he wanted to use that beacon for something with more letters. I am surely not gonny buy more of those for this price in combination with the limit of letters you can use.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-11-05 at 2:49 AM, Acersecomic said:

God you people are dense -.-

Let me offer a different way of thinking. Don't worry that plat is traded in-game, that's neither here nor there.

You get $5 from Jake for selling them a widget. The materials and time used to create the widget is about $5 worth, so that's fine. Next you give a convenience store owner the $5 you got from Jake for a small pack of gum. You REALLY wanted that gum. Even though Jake would never use the $5 that he earned from his job for such a thing, that $5 doesn't lose value. Even though you aren't the one who originally earned the money, it's still $5. What you spend the money on doesn't change it's value, only the value of the thing you paid for.

Now back to plat. Platinum is currency just as the $5 is currency. It doesn't matter who originally earned/paid for it. (Fun fact: that anecdote would take 18 note beacons and cost 630 plat)