Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

melee 3.0, after or along with fortuna?

TheKurtiStryke

After i believe ... and with good reason ... be it whether they're still working on it or they dont want to flood players with too much content ... my opinion, it's best not to release both ... players may rebel against 3.0 and if they mix that in with Fortuna both could be seen as potential negative releases.

Edited by Errodin

Honestly? At first I was pretty hyped for Melee 3.0, but after familiarizing myself with some of the funkier stance-combos and how they make even the most boring weapons pretty damn fun to use, my hype kind of died down, considering how the rework is basically going to make Stances purely cosmetic... So I'd rather have it come later than sooner, I want to be able to throw my shield like a frisbee and ride on top of it like a murder-top for at least a few more months, dang it ;-;

9 minutes ago, ZillionT said:

Honestly? At first I was pretty hyped for Melee 3.0, but after familiarizing myself with some of the funkier stance-combos and how they make even the most boring weapons pretty damn fun to use, my hype kind of died down, considering how the rework is basically going to make Stances purely cosmetic... So I'd rather have it come later than sooner, I want to be able to throw my shield like a frisbee and ride on top of it like a murder-top for at least a few more months, dang it ;-;

Unique moves like that will still be a part of stances. Some will even break the traditional "rules" of 3.0's attacks completely. For instance, while normally a blocking input results in a gap-closer, the stance Malicious Raptor has you stay in place and enter the multi-stab attack. Stances will still very much play a part in how a weapon behaves in melee 3.0.

5 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Unique moves like that will still be a part of stances. Some will even break the traditional "rules" of 3.0's attacks completely. For instance, while normally a blocking input results in a gap-closer, the stance Malicious Raptor has you stay in place and enter the multi-stab attack. Stances will still very much play a part in how a weapon behaves in melee 3.0.

Oh, is that so? 😮 They must have changed their plans ever since the last Devstream I saw where they discussed it, then. I've got to admit that this single comment got me hyped for it again! 😄

At this point, I doubt we'll get Melee 3.0 anytime soon, at least not in a manner that is a massive rework of it, and certainly not what I think it needs, which is some kind of parrying feature/functionality (so that melee vs melee gameplay against AI can be more engaging). I definitely don't expect to see a thorough rework of it this year. If it releases by the end of the year, I wouldn't expect much more than the quick-melee focused changes they started making. Seems like that became the main point of the rework and that's what held up its release.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n