Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you think of a spawn rate booster?

TommyBlue7

11 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I think spawns should be boosted by default, especially on survival missions. Really, I want to fight enemies, not life support bar.

Killing enemies is not enough of a challenge to warrant the rewards for Survival. The Life Support should be something you are fighting against. Otherwise, it's just Exterminate.

More enemies means worse performance, higher minimum hardware requirements. The overall drop chances would remain the same, so it's not like it would be any easier to do things, just there would be more enemies.

If they intend for you to get X number of resources in a given amount of time, X won't change with more enemies.

It should just be upped by default or give us an option to have the amount of enemies a group of 4 has. Makes solo farming a little bit slower when I get 15k or so polymer in 50 minutes with booster, but a group of 4 can get 50k in the same amount of time or less.

Besides solo spawns are just boring and involves a lot of walking around waiting for enemies to spawn in or I just end up playing hide and seek trying to find the one enemy that is glitched in the ceiling. 

41 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Killing enemies is not enough of a challenge to warrant the rewards for Survival. The Life Support should be something you are fighting against. Otherwise, it's just Exterminate.

More enemies means worse performance, higher minimum hardware requirements. The overall drop chances would remain the same, so it's not like it would be any easier to do things, just there would be more enemies.

If they intend for you to get X number of resources in a given amount of time, X won't change with more enemies.

Shoiuld still be higher spawn rates for solo. DE's idea behind lower spawn rates for solo isnt a life support based decision it is simply based on less enemies = easier, more enemies = harder. Nevermind less enemies are also boring as hell, hence why solo play is mostly avoided.

19 hours ago, peterc3 said:

As I see it, Life Support is there to ensure you won't be hiding in a place enemies cannot reach and just get rewards. I'm all for challenging play, but I don't see any challenge in running through half the map searching for any enemies to kill. Isn't it a horde shooter after all?

19 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I don't think what we have now is a hard limit that shouldn't be exceeded for the sake of performance, but I may be wrong. Though it has nothing to do with the fact that the smaller the squad is, the lower enemy spawns are. As for drop chances, I'm fine with the current situation.