Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QOL improvement for Nekros: Selective summoning

zteeldragon

After messing around with Nekros 4th for a while I found it very annoying to re-summon the whole crew and waste a few good eximus unit. So I propose a change to Nekros summoning queue which suppose to hold around 20 units after it full, no unit would be collected in the queue after that. If that so let us selecting unit by killing off some unit after the summon may be we can use his 1st while aiming can instant kill one unit that Nekros aiming at.

Another one suggestion is to override the queue by the higher priority unit which could help nekro get stronger unit in his queue even the previous 20 record already been filled. Or may be redesign his kit around unit selection for example his 1st use as a marker for unit collection so that the queue would not collect every unit that being killed but only one that being marked and killed.

42 minutes ago, zteeldragon said:

After messing around with Nekros 4th for a while I found it very annoying to re-summon the whole crew and waste a few good eximus unit. So I propose a change to Nekros summoning queue which suppose to hold around 20 units after it full, no unit would be collected in the queue after that.

Your request is... difficult to understand. Nekros Shadows already log the next shadows up for summoning in order of strongest to weakest, bumping out weak ones from the reserve if he kills stronger ones. Also, you don't have to wait for all your shadows to die before summoning new ones. I'm not really sure what you're asking for with this thread, but I'm confused as to what you know of the frame in the first place.

Maybe you could give an example of what you mean?

Reads like he wants the stronger units to persist instead of the next chance to summon weaker ones. Also reads like he wants the summon to be more like Desecrate ... and what you kill with your #1 is what is summoned in the "ally pool" ... which to me ruins the flow of Nekros entirely. He's already un-killable with his 4th augment ... i don't want to cheese the ability by being able to select heavy gunners to spawn all the time.

In addition to his second idea of pushing out weaker summons with stronger ones when they're available for summoning is even worse in my eyes ... 

He wants selection over randomly generated odds.

Finishing with ... Nekros is already strong ... why make him stronger?

Edited by Errodin

As a Nekros main, I would hate this. I want to play, not micromanage my minions even more. The constant recasting is annoying enough already.

Allowing him to kill Shadows with Soul Punch would be sorta okay, but requiring Soul Punch to queue Shadows would make him way too annoying to use.

Nekros is already super vulnerable until he gets Shadows fielded, so adding upfront energy costs beyond the standard casting cost for Shadows is excessive. Soul Punch also sometimes ragdolls enemies very erratically, which makes it harder to finish them off quickly.

Nekros could definitely use some minor tweaks, but I'd rather see:

• Shadows auto-teleport based on distsance instead of recast. Sometimes the teleport bugs and stops working until the Shadows die, which ruins Shield of Shadows duratiom builds, and DE seemingly won't fix it.
  • Shadows given recast discount based on number of Shadows still alive.
  • Desecrate speed affected by power strength. It's annoyingly slow in its default state.
  • Desecrate chance for health orbs restored to 100% or at least affected by power strength.
  • Terrify cost reduced to standard 50 (it ain't worth 75) OR Creeping Terrify made default and replaced with a different augment effect.
  • Casting animations changed to not block movement. You can already bypass it by casting during aim-glide; why force the aim-glide? It just looks silly.

Sorry after reread his queue function it seem like I misunderstood the minion queue system. But it would be a welcome change if we can kill off some minion that we don't like such as nullifer who block our own shot and some of those FPS dropper unit like napalm. And yes I understand that we can recast our 4th to keep those minion up but it would be great if we can select which unit that we want to keep running with, don't you think? Also please don't get me wrong I didn't say nekros is weak. I run with that tanky build also and he is unkillable up to may be level 150 or something.

Soul Punching undesired Shadows (like Nullifiers) should do AOE damage and allow to summon a different shadow.

The Color of Shadows Health Bar should match Energy color or be a different color than enemy Health bar so its easy to differentiate between ally or foe.

Shadows should probably look more like ghost. Have less opacity to see thru them.

Your just screwed with oberons Renewal. These abilities dont synergize. More allies = More enemies so with Desacrate maybe Oberon will get some energy back

8 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

As a Nekros main, I would hate this. I want to play, not micromanage my minions even more. The constant recasting is annoying enough already.

Allowing him to kill Shadows with Soul Punch would be sorta okay, but requiring Soul Punch to queue Shadows would make him way too annoying to use.

Nekros is already super vulnerable until he gets Shadows fielded, so adding upfront energy costs beyond the standard casting cost for Shadows is excessive. Soul Punch also sometimes ragdolls enemies very erratically, which makes it harder to finish them off quickly.

Nekros could definitely use some minor tweaks, but I'd rather see:

• Shadows auto-teleport based on distsance instead of recast. Sometimes the teleport bugs and stops working until the Shadows die, which ruins Shield of Shadows duratiom builds, and DE seemingly won't fix it.
  • Shadows given recast discount based on number of Shadows still alive.
  • Desecrate speed affected by power strength. It's annoyingly slow in its default state.
  • Desecrate chance for health orbs restored to 100% or at least affected by power strength.
  • Terrify cost reduced to standard 50 (it ain't worth 75) OR Creeping Terrify made default and replaced with a different augment effect.
  • Casting animations changed to not block movement. You can already bypass it by casting during aim-glide; why force the aim-glide? It just looks silly.

For me I feel like if we want play long run content by micromanagment our minion once or twice for a mission is not that annoying when you can have may be 3 corrupted healer 2 shield osprey and 2 eximus gunners assist you through out the entire mission. Then we just keep recast our 4th. Instead of some time having 3 nullifiers who keep blocking your shot.

But I totally agree with the ridiculous cost of recasting our 4 and the tweaks you mention.

6 hours ago, zteeldragon said:

For me I feel like if we want play long run content by micromanagment our minion once or twice for a mission is not that annoying when you can have may be 3 corrupted healer 2 shield osprey and 2 eximus gunners assist you through out the entire mission. Then we just keep recast our 4th. Instead of some time having 3 nullifiers who keep blocking your shot.

I think it would be better to just make it so that Nullifier Shadows don't block your shots (no Shadow should) and replace their bubble textures with something more transparent. Their bubble radius doesn't really matter when they're on your side.

I could get behind Soul Punch killing existing Shadows, but I wouldn't want it to be required to store them.

6 hours ago, zteeldragon said:

But I totally agree with the ridiculous cost of recasting our 4 and the tweaks you mention.

Why, thank you.