Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IDEA PVP/PVE MODE!!

Artrasend

Hello guys, with new arbitrations some people found something else to do but not that difficult to be honest, we still lack on something to challenge veteran players, some others have been asking for changes to pvp modes since most people try it and leave it forever, its unfulfilling as a game mode and even tho some rewards are nice (skins, sigil, mods, fashion) its not as attractive as some other stuff in the game, so I was thinking a pvp/pve mode could do the trick for both issues.

Think of a survival mission with high level enemies (or sortie level enemies if you want it more friendly) where the other 3 players who join are also objective, you must survive to the enemies and kill the others, no extraction until you are the only one left, winner gets the loot. 

And I know some players might find it boring but think about it, a mission like that could make you think on different ways to take out the others and defend yourself. 

You could either go full offense and try to kill the others fast, you could go stealth and try using silent weapons or sniping the enemy, you could simply try to resist and tank all the damage and wait for enemies to kill the others, set traps with vauban, blind enemies and leave them open for others, try to throw enemies off a cliff in kuva fortress/pluto corpus tileset, even using the operator to escape some risky situations.

It would need to balance the game damage between all factions and players but could fill that game mode that pvp players and veterans has been asking for, the difficult wouldn't come only for fighting the game but from each other.

Please share your thoughts and i think this have some potential. Thanks!

Sorry for my bad english.

Too complex, it has potential, they tried it once with players going as stalker, sadly it did not work since ....well...inaros.
My idea would be a mission that either begins at 4 digit enemy levels or let's you enter with specific frame and weapon only, same as arbitration but it forces you to play that frame and weapon and no bonuses.
As for PvP, I have only 1 thing there to suggest: unlink the syandana from the dailies and weeklies.
For the mixing of PvE and PvP..that I do not know what to say since the levels of enemies must be capped around 10-15 for it to work with current PvP weapons, or rework all the frame base PvP stats and the PvP mods along side with all the PvP ballance.

10 minutes ago, -VV-Xangineer1605 said:

Too complex, it has potential, they tried it once with players going as stalker, sadly it did not work since ....well...inaros.
My idea would be a mission that either begins at 4 digit enemy levels or let's you enter with specific frame and weapon only, same as arbitration but it forces you to play that frame and weapon and no bonuses.
As for PvP, I have only 1 thing there to suggest: unlink the syandana from the dailies and weeklies.
For the mixing of PvE and PvP..that I do not know what to say since the levels of enemies must be capped around 10-15 for it to work with current PvP weapons, or rework all the frame base PvP stats and the PvP mods along side with all the PvP ballance.

i know its a complex idea and thats why it needs balance abilities and weapons, along with enemies and everything else but as a whole it could be the thing many are looking for, i  thought on something else, i know some tilesets are very large and some ppl could just want to wait but if each player had an individual life support they have to hunt enemies or run to get life support and fight for it, i know about stalker mode DE talked about but just make it like king of the hill takes it a bit further.

Modifications for the game mode would be great too, that little extra to make it more challenging.

I think It can work and without any balance, since it is a veteran mode gameplay. The more unfair the better, even veterans are going to feel the need to keep learning in order to keep up with the carnage. Also I would love that mission because you could get there, kill everybody in 30 secs and extract (or in 5 mins since it is a survival). Also this game mode should have a cool down that way if you get wasted by other tenno you will have a day or two to think how to do it better next time. besides that will allow DE to add better rewards.

Edited by -VV-mago_de_muerte

4 hours ago, -VV-Artrasend said:

It would need to balance the game damage between all factions and players

This is easily the most disqualifying thing for any idea. The idea doesn't work if it basically requires everything existing in the damage system to be redone and not just balanced within players or enemies, but everything in the same pool.

Technical issues aside, I wouldn't touch this mode for any rewards. PvP of any stripe repels me.

30 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This is easily the most disqualifying thing for any idea. The idea doesn't work if it basically requires everything existing in the damage system to be redone and not just balanced within players or enemies, but everything in the same pool.

Technical issues aside, I wouldn't touch this mode for any rewards. PvP of any stripe repels me.

Well you just said it, if you dislike PVP then you wouldnt be interested in a game mode like this, the idea its to cover both issues on a single game mode made for veterans and those who want a challenge, you could either go with randoms or with friends and just have some fun with them, and about balancing i dont mean to bring everything to same level, but to win even with that difficulty, for example inaros, mesa, or other stuff can disable you or kill you in a seconds, but thats why people would have to think a setup to with against the odds.

What would ppl do against someone who can oneshot you with lanka or any weapons like that, you would need to use all your skills and knowledge about the game to either find a way surprise the enemy and kill before get killed, or a frame to tank that damage, or any other solution.

Edited by -VV-Artrasend

One problem with this is, apart from invulnerability a'la Valkyr or Harrow, it's impossible to avoid being one-shot by others. Pvp-wise this would only work if everyone had beginner equipment and mods. I have Inaros with 8k hp 760 armor and Arcane Guardian on it, and when Arcane Guardian proc is on my friend can still oneshot me when one of us gets radiation procced.

You would have to do at least 100x reduced damage to players for this to work.

I know some weapons are simply too op and can one shot anything but still you have to land that shot, that where you have to work on what will you use, for example use those frames you mention to use that invulnerability to kill the enemy before it ends, or as someone said those mission have modifications like nightmare/arbitrations/sorties, for example headshots only or something like that

Also like i said this mode would be for anyone who likes a challenge, i can think a few ways to survive against something like that