Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if DE made a Middle Age Fantasy game?

(XBOX)Kuljack

We have the future, we have the ninjas and they're in space. It's all good, don't get me wrong.

There's just always been a special affinity for me toward the Middle Age vibe; Wizards and Magic, Paladins and Faith, Warlords and Anarchy, Monsters and Ghouls. I could just see DE making an amazing game that blended the beauty of Warframe into the charm of Fantasy.

Damn - read the title and was expecting a game about 50-year-old guys having mid-life crises, buying expensive sports cars and dating teenage girls...

Instead get a thread about World of Warframecraft...

EDIT: for the record I agree with Sharrowkin.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Warframes set in the Middle-Age ?

Easy : you call the Warframe as "Golem" (based on the Jewish folklore).

Warframe set in Ancient Greece / Roman Empire with Egypt and such ?

You can refer to them based on the Mythos: Adbuction of Europa - in the end, Zeus/Jupiter is giving an automaton called "Talos".

But I'm a bit afraid to find a Storyline similar to, with the same easy plotwist, as with the Legend of King Arthur; or the ultra-complexe situation with Thousands of Gods and/or families seeking power.

3 minutes ago, Sannleikur said:

What if I told you that Leyou, the company that owns DE, also owns  Athlon Games which is making a Middle Earth MMO, and that initial art concepts that were seen on Athlon Game's website had uncanny art resemblances to Warframe's?

They also talked specifically about their experience with the F2P model, so we can hope that it will be very similar to the same monetization methods used in Warframe. I'd be more worried about the game itself, considering Athlon hasn't made games before (to my knowledge?).

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

A Fantasy Middle Age Game by DE...

The Skyrim we hoped for.

we'll get a mounted combat system that is a departure from the normal gameplay and gets abandoned for years until they come out with a better mounted system after long periods of content drought brought about by DE's ambitious attempts to make more open world areas

2 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

They also talked specifically about their experience with the F2P model, so we can hope that it will be very similar to the same monetization methods used in Warframe. I'd be more worried about the game itself, considering Athlon hasn't made games before (to my knowledge?).

Leyou made Athlon, after having bought DE. Memory is fuzzy on the details but I'm pretty sure DE staff members and/or ex staff members are involved with the project.

25 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

Warframes set in the Middle-Age ?

Easy : you call the Warframe as "Golem" (based on the Jewish folklore).

Warframe set in Ancient Greece / Roman Empire with Egypt and such ?

You can refer to them based on the Mythos: Adbuction of Europa - in the end, Zeus/Jupiter is giving an automaton called "Talos".

But I'm a bit afraid to find a Storyline similar to, with the same easy plotwist, as with the Legend of King Arthur; or the ultra-complexe situation with Thousands of Gods and/or families seeking power.

Weren't warframes already called 'golems' in the Orokin time; and certainly still are by the Queens and Ballas at different points. Hunhow calls them this as well.

40 minutes ago, Sannleikur said:

What if I told you that Leyou, the company that owns DE, also owns  Athlon Games which is making a Middle Earth MMO, and that initial art concepts that were seen on Athlon Game's website had uncanny art resemblances to Warframe's?

LOTRO 2.0?

il y a 7 minutes, Urlan a dit :

Weren't warframes already called 'golems' in the Orokin time; and certainly still are by the Queens and Ballas at different points. Hunhow calls them this as well.

Yup, I remember them calling it "project Golem". I still wonder why they call them "warframe" now.

But except the names, the most original things we could expect from DE are the boss battle/encounter. In the Middle-age based game: we could encounter dragons, wyverns, and other kind of beast that would excite Red Veil. In the Antiquity based game: giants, gods, mythical creatures, etc...

These kinds of encounter are what I feel we're missing in Warframe, and I hope an upgrade of Cetus & the new coming Fortuna could bring that; maybe with the New-War (with random apparition of Sentients here & there with different forms)

I'd appreciate a fantasy game not built on an existing IP that actually strayed from dwarves and elves for alternative playable races.  FFS, put some creativity into it.  It's actually not super hard to take the dwarf and elf and twist their lore and design enough to make something fresh and new.

Actually, I'd appreciate a sci-fantasy that didn't involve planet hopping, still managed a swords and shields rustic feel with advanced tech being sparsely present, and fantasy races.  Sounds kinda like Warframe, I admit, but the player character wouldn't be a faceless suit of power armor with the player's avatar/face being a pre-pubescent with all the personality of a washboard.

Basically, I want pretty faces and skin present in my avatar.  I love many of the warframe designs, but to this day I'm still like, "should have gone with super human action hero."  Sadly, there is no good alternative.  Phantasy Star Online II simply isn't making its way over to the states, and I refuse to jump through hoops to play it.  ...And that's about it for alternatives that aren't tab target or fantasy 101.  Oh well.