Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if DE made a Middle Age Fantasy game?

(XBOX)Kuljack

As much as I love DE, I probably wouldn't go for a game like this just because the market is so saturated and I don't feel there's really anything novel to bring to the table.

Now if they'd like to make a new linear, story-based single player game that expands on the old lore for Warframe (before the frames themselves), I'd probably be down for that. I know there's a sort-of prequel that came before Warframe (Dark Sector, iirc), but it's much less fleshed out than where Warframe lore is now, so I think it's merited to want another crack at something like that.

I thought about how interesting it would be to have a rpg game based around the operator in orikin era. Perhaps play through the events leading up to the children becoming tenno, or even opening there, then gradually work through lotus, the great war and culminating in our isolation on the moon. Or perhaps a little like Lotro with us doing things in sideline style to the main Warframe plotliine but not directly within it, which would allow for expansion past the tenno's disappearance and aftermath of the war and destruction of the orikin, rise of the grineer and corpus. 

Maybe single player, offline allowing for dlc style expansions alll the way up to the tenno rediscovery and return.

Edited by Babellon

don't we have enough games from that genre already. every other game is some historic setting, whether it's medieval fantasy or some civil war shooter, heck that trend was what had people shutting their doors to the idea of warframe and almost lead to it never happening. 

Only medieval game I liked was the elder scrolls series

And elder scrolls online kinda killed it by removing physical object manipulation. Wheres my room full of watermelons and guard stuck in a swinging door?

Back to the point. I think warframe deserves a story mode or separate single player campaign

6 часов назад, Littleman88 сказал:

Actually, I'd appreciate a sci-fantasy that didn't involve planet hopping, still managed a swords and shields rustic feel with advanced tech being sparsely present, and fantasy races.  Sounds kinda like Warframe, I admit, but the player character wouldn't be a faceless suit of power armor with the player's avatar/face being a pre-pubescent with all the personality of a washboard.

Basically, I want pretty faces and skin present in my avatar.  

I can recommend you Guild Wars 2. Fits your criteria, and just a very good game, in my humble opinion)

11 часов назад, (XB1)Kuljack сказал:

We have the future, we have the ninjas and they're in space. It's all good, don't get me wrong.

There's just always been a special affinity for me toward the Middle Age vibe; Wizards and Magic, Paladins and Faith, Warlords and Anarchy, Monsters and Ghouls. I could just see DE making an amazing game that blended the beauty of Warframe into the charm of Fantasy.

It would be interesting)

2 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

I can recommend you Guild Wars 2. Fits your criteria, and just a very good game, in my humble opinion)

Played it.  Problem is it's an action-tab hybrid that feels awkward, limited, like I'm moving on glass, and falls into the problem of most western character and armor design - it's got lots of details, but most of it is boring to look at.  Medium/leather armor is particularly samey across the board.  As far as character customization goes though, it's at least a distant second to Warframe...

Edited by Littleman88

1 час назад, Littleman88 сказал:

Played it.  Problem is it's an action-tab hybrid that feels awkward, limited, like I'm moving on glass, and falls into the problem of most western character and armor design - it's got lots of details, but most of it is boring to look at.  Medium/leather armor is particularly samey across the board.  As far as character customization goes though, it's at least a distant second to Warframe...

Understand. Then all the hope for a new game from DE)

8 hours ago, Matt64091 said:

Have you herd of Runescape? Just saying.

The Witcher and Mordor / Middle Earth series also say hi. 

As someone else pointed out, there does seem to be an over-abundance of games of this genre. Not sure the market needs another one.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

On 2018-11-01 at 5:32 AM, FlusteredFerret said:

The Witcher and Mordor / Middle Earth series also say hi. 

As someone else pointed out, there does seem to be an over-abundance of games of this genre. Not sure the market needs another one.

These games are not the same model as Warframe. I was talking about bringing the genre to the Warframe model and atmosphere of gameplay.

Warframe has this amazing model where you have one account with multiple characters that can be played in a variety of ways for different occasions. If we look at WoW, you level one character and build it for one playstyle. then you have to make a whole other character to play a different race/class type and build it all over again. Witcher gives you one character with three or so play styles and it’s a campaign-esque platform, not the multiplayer experience of warframe. In warframe you can change a class in a moments notice and have three potential layouts before even needing to build another frame for additional setups. It’s snappy and flows. There isn’t a single game in the genre that works the way Warframe does, I don’t even think there’s another game that works the way it does. IMHO it’s the best model for gameplay and it’s free. their Pay model is great too, it’s strictly fashion with a big variety of choices to customize your looks. While we will always want more options, no other game has quite a beautiful array of fashion frame with the tennogen market structure.

Ill check out the one game mentioned but I think the genre could use a model like Warframe today. I would certainly pay for this to happen.

On 2018-11-01 at 4:29 PM, Littleman88 said:

Played it.  Problem is it's an action-tab hybrid that feels awkward, limited, like I'm moving on glass

This is primarily why I can't get into MMOs, those damn ability timers and action tabs, it makes combat sooooo slooow and boring. I never feel immersed or involved in any of it, I feel like someone watching from the sidelines. It is the cancer of MMO games and it should be exterminated.

In warframe I am active in the gameplay, I get to chose when I can use my abilities and not when some timer says I can. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

This is primarily why I can't get into MMOs, those damn ability timers and action tabs, it makes combat sooooo slooow and boring. I never feel immersed or involved in any of it, I feel like someone watching from the sidelines. It is the cancer of MMO games and it should be exterminated.

In warframe I am active in the gameplay, I get to chose when I can use my abilities and not when some timer says I can. 

Have you tried Elder Scrolls Online, after One Tamriel, that is? They use a resource-gated combat system like Warframe does instead of cooldown-gated. It's pretty fun and has a lot of customization options too. Just try not to get too hung up on the meta. That's a boredom trap for most games, and even Warframe isn't immune to it.

On 2018-11-03 at 3:03 PM, (XB1)Kuljack said:

These games are not the same model as Warframe. I was talking about bringing the genre to the Warframe model and atmosphere of gameplay.

Warframe has this amazing model where you have one account with multiple characters that can be played in a variety of ways for different occasions. If we look at WoW, you level one character and build it for one playstyle. then you have to make a whole other character to play a different race/class type and build it all over again. Witcher gives you one character with three or so play styles and it’s a campaign-esque platform, not the multiplayer experience of warframe. In warframe you can change a class in a moments notice and have three potential layouts before even needing to build another frame for additional setups. It’s snappy and flows. There isn’t a single game in the genre that works the way Warframe does, I don’t even think there’s another game that works the way it does. IMHO it’s the best model for gameplay and it’s free. their Pay model is great too, it’s strictly fashion with a big variety of choices to customize your looks. While we will always want more options, no other game has quite a beautiful array of fashion frame with the tennogen market structure.

Ill check out the one game mentioned but I think the genre could use a model like Warframe today. I would certainly pay for this to happen.

Have you tried Skyforge?

I would say thats quite similar to Warframe in a lot of respects. Its F2P, multiple classes that you can change between each mission / quest segment. As well as weapons, each character / class has a unique set of abilities that get stronger as your character levels up.

Even has creatures & machines that serve as modes of transport.

Not much room for customisation though, from what I remember.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎05 at 4:24 AM, FlusteredFerret said:

Have you tried Skyforge?

I would say thats quite similar to Warframe in a lot of respects. Its F2P, multiple classes that you can change between each mission / quest segment. As well as weapons, each character / class has a unique set of abilities that get stronger as your character levels up.

Even has creatures & machines that serve as modes of transport.

Not much room for customisation though, from what I remember.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the MMO model that Skyforge uses and their voice-over/dialogue was brutal for me to listen to. That's not really the medieval theme either. It's like the wide-range theme cluster of most Japanese/Chinese MMO's I've played where there's always a big brute class M/F, an Archer class M/F and then a weird little animal mage... I'm generalizing as I know Skyforge has a lot of variety but it's still the glued to the ground with a half-enthusiastic jump environment.

I want to dive into a Warlock that can glide around an environment taking aerial magic combat to a new height (pun), then jump to a new mission sprinting through tree branches as an archer and then swap again to a true agro-pulling team buffing tank that holds the line against an army of raised dead or a blue-flame dragon.

On 2018-11-06 at 2:31 PM, ThumpumGood said:

Then their attention wouldnt be on Warframe so.... no.

They are a growing studio. It's easily conceivable that they just add a few more devs and take a few of the less crucial ones they already have, along with a couple leaders to ensure it adheres to the policies/philosophies that have made Warframe successful... now they suddenly have a team dedicated to that project while keeping the Warframe team intact in all the important ways.

If we're going back why not make an actual ninja game loosely set during feudal China, with a manga cell shaded look. Like Tenchu but with more characters to choose from. As well as different schools or clans to learn techniques like shadow arts, healing, each using their own weapon sets. 

I guess I'm just looking for an RPG version of Ninja Scroll. (Watch it if you haven't)

I think DE should look to try making a stand alone full price title. Not even associated with WF, something new. They deffinatly have the talent, and can produce. I'm sure they could make something that would be great.  Not now though.

Edited by (PS4)Hellhound1637

2 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

They are a growing studio. It's easily conceivable that they just add a few more devs and take a few of the less crucial ones they already have, along with a couple leaders to ensure it adheres to the policies/philosophies that have made Warframe successful... now they suddenly have a team dedicated to that project while keeping the Warframe team intact in all the important ways.

I made bold, italicized and underlined the part that agrees with me saying... no. That's is the death of a LOT of games. Taking away staff, no matter how inconsequential they may SEEM, will always add workload to others. Stress happens, quality goes down. If they can do it without touching the WF staff, ok. But I have yet to see a case where it didnt effect the quality of the game.