Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily rewards nerf for players who missed the last couple years

Qmoney

I played every day and had reached the maximum mastery level (or pretty near) three years ago when I had to stop playing and the content had dried up.  Coming back, I was already a bit disappointed to see that the daily reward system was introduced shortly after then.  Seeing that I'm three years away from those rewards was a bit frustrating.

However, now the daily scaling makes the difference ridiculous!  I was playing/supporting this game at the beginning, and now people who started much later are getting 10 times the resources and boosters every day?

DE please add more weight for mastery level, or do something to acknowledge people who barely missed a day for the first 2 1/2 years!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Qmoney said:

DE please add more weight for mastery level, or do something to acknowledge people who barely missed a day for the first 2 1/2 years!

DE did something for people that logged in back then. People got rewards back then aswell.
You just missed a change of the system. DE didn't force you to leave the game. You wanted to not play for 3 years.
All of this is on you. Nothing about this is DE's fault. So DE has nothing to do.

And be glad that just a few weeks ago DE changed the login-system again.
Now you can chose the reward you get from a milestone. Before you had to log into the game for a specific amount of days to get one specific reward.

32 minutes ago, Qmoney said:

I was playing/supporting this game at the beginning, and now people who started much later are getting 10 times the resources and boosters every day?

Yeah... but these people that started later than you, they supported the game in the last 3 years. You didn't do that.
That's why these people get rewards that you don't get...

5 minutes ago, SupremeLeaderKyloRen said:

1. You can't prove that

2. You still missed 3 years

1. I'm sure that DE hasn't thrown away all the data that they could use to check this, given it's value for analytics vs the server footprint.  Or the multitude of other sources of verification of active play at any point in history.  I'm not so concerned whether you believe me on this rather than pointing out that they've created a situation where many people who missed/were not aware of this are treated like they never played at all.  These login rewards are very significant now... getting over ~24 hours resource booster would be fantastic for follow through to the next day.

2. You're absolutely right!... it wouldn't make sense to make it all the way up as if players in this situation hadn't missed that time but not starting at square one either.  a higher weighting on mastery would make more sense, which would further motivate active players vs logging in and exiting every day.  I was very impressed to see that they added the base mod level mechanic...  Less so with mastery locked items like Rivens... they're a huge power creep/plat lottery but they do add a lot of excitement when they unlock.

1 minute ago, Qmoney said:

2. You're absolutely right!... it wouldn't make sense to make it all the way up as if players in this situation hadn't missed that time but not starting at square one either.  a higher weighting on mastery would make more sense, which would further motivate active players vs logging in and exiting every day.  I was very impressed to see that they added the base mod level mechanic...  Less so with mastery locked items like Rivens... they're a huge power creep/plat lottery but they do add a lot of excitement when they unlock.

But logging in is about the long time support.
You can get Mastery in such a short period of time. You could play the game for one month straight getting maximum Mastery, and then you leave the game. Having a high Mastery doesn't mean you support the game in any way, shape or form.

Logging into a game means that you are commited. You wouldn't log into a game you have absolutely no interest in. You log into a game, because you have some interest in it. Which means, you are supporting it.

You are the perfect example.
You had no interest in the game for 3 years. Why would DE give you something for not being interested in the game?

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

DE did something for people that logged in back then. People got rewards back then aswell.
You just missed a change of the system. DE didn't force you to leave the game. You wanted to not play for 3 years.
All of this is on you. Nothing about this is DE's fault. So DE has nothing to do.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah... but these people that started later than you, they supported the game in the last 3 years. You didn't do that.
That's why these people get rewards that you don't get...

By the same logic they didn't support before then either....  the people who should get the most loyalty reward are the ones who were there since march 2013 with no break.  It's not so much a matter of 'fault' as a suggestion that returning players would be a good way to build/maintain the player base for a game that's been going this long.

Just logging in doesn't do much to support the game... It does help to inflate the daily active user stats, but it does little to help the other stats for a games popularity.  Logging in and not playing conditions players to continue logging in and not playing - it's habit forming.

39 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

MR25 770 days = 27hrs booster

MR17 1030 days = 23hrs booster

Taken from another thread some days ago

I'm currently at Day 50-ish and mastery level 19 (Grinding all these new frames and weapons... a lot happens in three years).  I got 4 hours in one of my last rewards.  I think there is some modifier for master, but it has very little effect at the lower number of days.

Edited by Qmoney
Bad spell

2 minutes ago, vid23 said:

So, you rather want the old rewards back instead of the scaling ones what YOU also get? even if you just get +1 hour for boosters, thats still +1 hour, take it or leave it

That isn't really valid... the entire economy was different then.  Resource requirements are much higher now... many resources have been added since then.  They're most likely building/adjusting the grind over the relative resource accumulation of the player base.  If other people are getting lots of that stuff, they increase the grind more quickly.

Really, the resource and credit boosters are the biggest thing... Primed mods are a credit hog, I wish I hadn't poured so many million of credits into solar rails back when there wasn't anything left for me to spend credits on!

....and there's a hammer that needs 30 000 cryotic?  Holy smokes!  The difference of having 24 hours or more on those means I can still use it tomorrow if I've logged in after working late and need to get to bed.  (Also, if they gave out more resource chance/resource drop boosters then I would spend the plat to get the respective other one).

It seems some commenters don't grasp the finer points of the complaint you're making. But I suppose that's understandable for someone who wasn't around three years ago.

When DE rolled out the revamped tribute system back around the Second Dream update, they decided that everyone should progress along it from the same starting point. Being that the honor system and rewards were new, players who had been playing prior weren't being left-out. Anyone who continued playing past that point would get access. (There was also the fact that later rewards weren't actually in the game yet.)

For someone returning now, I imagine it looks a little different. But you're starting from the same point we all did, oldbies from pre-Steam integration and new players alike. The rewards you got for supporting the game in its infancy are still there for you. It would be difficult to argue that said support merits quicker access to rewards added years after you stopped playing.

However, for the purpose of resource acquisition, I do understand your complaint. It's a valid one. I don't necessarily believe DE should be expected to honor it, however, since the resources you'll be getting are still more than everyone got a few weeks ago.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

17 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

It seems some commenters don't grasp the finer points of the complaint you're making. But I suppose that's understandable for someone who wasn't around three years ago.

When DE rolled out the revamped tribute system back around the Second Dream update, they decided that everyone should progress along it from the same starting point. Being that the honor system and rewards were new, players who had been playing prior weren't being left-out. Anyone who continued playing past that point would get access. (There was also the fact that later rewards weren't actually in the game yet.)

For someone returning now, I imagine it looks a little different. But you're starting from the same point we all did, oldbies from pre-Steam integration and new players alike. The rewards you got for supporting the game in its infancy are still there for you. It would be difficult to argue that said support merits quicker access to rewards added years after you stopped playing.

However, for the purpose of resource acquisition, I do understand your complaint. It's a valid one. I don't necessarily believe DE should be expected to honor it, however, since the resources you'll be getting are still more than everyone got a few weeks ago.

Very well said...  The upgrade in rewards is good until they build it into the average resource consumption.  I'm not even terribly concerned about it personally.  The majority of my old clan (was close to 100, we're shrunk down to shadow clan now) have all stopped playing, and returning players probably make up a huge market opportunities.  Those people have accounts and are already invested.  Logging in and learning that you're three years away from rewards is a bit defeating, and many just decide not to get back into it at all.

In the old game, the idea was that everything was an even playing field except the excal. prime pack, primed charge or constant plat purchases of boosters.  Any event-exclusive content was re-introduced within 3-6 months of the event (Brakk, the first damage/status mods, etc.).  Now, there's a lot more loot that significantly effects game and grind balance that's not available.  The evergreen awards and >24 hour boosters are a huge grind/plat advantage, and the imbalance creates a very different atmosphere.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

And players that started when login rewards were first introduced also missed 3 years. Besides, time played should be a much more significant boon than something like total days logged.

What time?
Time actually spend or the fake time that is in the profile which includes relay/dojo ?

11 minutes ago, SupremeLeaderKyloRen said:

What time?
Time actually spend or the fake time that is in the profile which includes relay/dojo ?

Does it matter? Time spent in game should have more merit than something that simply tracks your availability to turn the game on. Besides, it doesn't take long to estimate how much a player actually plays based on missions, affinity, mastery rank, etc.

And it still doesn't mean that someone that has 1,000 logins has more dedication than someone that started years before logins were a thing. DE just didn't make logins retroactive so the long-time players got screwed.

EDIT: And the point being that a player with 1,000+ hours played and MR 20+ isn't going to get much use out of a scaled down login reward of like 1 morphics. The game is simply scaling on a stat that means very little to returning players.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1