Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily rewards nerf for players who missed the last couple years

Qmoney

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Does it matter? Time spent in game should have more merit than something that simply tracks your availability to turn the game on. Besides, it doesn't take long to estimate how much a player actually plays based on missions, affinity, mastery rank, etc.

Yes it doesn't take long to estimate it, because it's saved, we just can't see it.

Going to the Dojo and not doing anything while the game is running isn't really that difficult aswell.

Just now, SupremeLeaderKyloRen said:

Yes it doesn't take long to estimate it, because it's saved, we just can't see it.

Going to the Dojo and not doing anything while the game is running isn't really that difficult aswell.

Except most players don't actually do that. It would be like me claiming that players with 1,000 logins only login for 30s each day. Sure, it is possible but no one really does it.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

You can't consider MR because If some new player grinds their butt off in Hydron to get to MR25, should these rate of rewards be given to them too?

Getting the mastery would still require grinding for the credits, resources, plat for slots, etc., XP is only a small part of gaining mastery.  How are they getting all the gear to get to 25 if they're grinding Hydron?

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Except most players don't actually do that. It would be like me claiming that players with 1,000 logins only login for 30s each day. Sure, it is possible but no one really does it.

Tons of people do that, most of the people I used to play with who haven't completely stopped do this most days.  I've seen many reddit threads commenting just on how people's daily routine is to log in and then play a different game (such as the most popular response in this thread).

Also, lots of people have jobs and other commitments that make it very impractical or impossible to log in every day, but may be able to play all day one day on the weekend.  Those people are more active than people who log in and do nothing else every day. 

On 2018-10-31 at 10:19 PM, Qmoney said:

I played every day and had reached the maximum mastery level (or pretty near) three years ago when I had to stop playing and the content had dried up.  Coming back, I was already a bit disappointed to see that the daily reward system was introduced shortly after then.  Seeing that I'm three years away from those rewards was a bit frustrating.

However, now the daily scaling makes the difference ridiculous!  I was playing/supporting this game at the beginning, and now people who started much later are getting 10 times the resources and boosters every day?

DE please add more weight for mastery level, or do something to acknowledge people who barely missed a day for the first 2 1/2 years!

Do you have the Zeni ?

Meh.

Daily rewards have always been unfair in one way or another. That's just how it is, and that's fine.

Players who put a thousand hours in before the previous daily log-in rewards system started weren't retroactively rewarded for it. Even now, it doesn't actually reward player dedication since it isn't based on hours in-game. I have a coworker who has played about 10 hours over the last 6 months, but you best believe he makes sure he or his girlfriend log into his account every day for the log-in reward. It's more of a facebook-game sort of system where it rewards visits but not necessarily participation in any form.

Now, it's still better off than it was in the past since you get to choose rewards you used to have to wait years for. It scales better for higher days logged-in, sure, but the non-milestone rewards are random so you can't really act like you were counting on those particular resources for anything. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Meh.

Daily rewards have always been unfair in one way or another. That's just how it is, and that's fine.

Players who put a thousand hours in before the previous daily log-in rewards system started weren't retroactively rewarded for it. Even now, it doesn't actually reward player dedication since it isn't based on hours in-game. I have a coworker who has played about 10 hours over the last 6 months, but you best believe he makes sure he or his girlfriend log into his account every day for the log-in reward. It's more of a facebook-game sort of system where it rewards visits but not necessarily participation in any form.

Now, it's still better off than it was in the past since you get to choose rewards you used to have to wait years for. It scales better for higher days logged-in, sure, but the non-milestone rewards are random so you can't really act like you were counting on those particular resources for anything. 

You make a very good point, the choices for a lot of the milestones are nice, and I'm less interested in the cosmetics that you get later on.  The evergreen rewards look pretty great though, and they're forever away.  The facebook comparison is spot-on.

3 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

wait, it's scaled off of MR?

INTERESTING

As I had resonded, I've seen this, but personally 53 days @ MR 19 = 5 Hours... very little scaling, but better than nothing.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, Qmoney said:

I played every day and had reached the maximum mastery level (or pretty near) three years ago when I had to stop playing and the content had dried up.  Coming back, I was already a bit disappointed to see that the daily reward system was introduced shortly after then.  Seeing that I'm three years away from those rewards was a bit frustrating.

However, now the daily scaling makes the difference ridiculous!  I was playing/supporting this game at the beginning, and now people who started much later are getting 10 times the resources and boosters every day?

DE please add more weight for mastery level, or do something to acknowledge people who barely missed a day for the first 2 1/2 years!

This isn't a nerf though, the login rewards you are getting now are just as good or better than the ones you were getting 3 years ago> I also started before 2nd dream and the new system was implemented. I don't recall the pre-change rewards being any better. So are you just mad that you missed three years of the new system? That can be said of anything you missed. You also missed having to fish to craft AW gear items, and you missed grinding old void for primes (harder) and now all your primes are on relics (easier).  Tons of things are different int he game.

But you are not getting worse login rewards than you were getting before, so nothing has been nerfed or taken from you.

To be fair, locking mastery behind 700 days of login is pretty insulting. That's perhaps my biggest gripe with the system.
As for the cosmetics, resources, and primed mods, missing out on those isn't as bad.

I have been playing the game since U7 and I haven't gotten past the 400 day mark.

Edited by DBugII