2 Handed Blade (Heavy Blade) Design/Fashion

InDang3r

Hello ! I want to ask first if there is a way to change how you hold the heavy blade, because if there is this post might be not needed.

I tried different warframes, seems they all hold it like this, this is how it is NOW:

14lo7rt.gif

In other games the way that I personaly prefer a Badass to hold his giant 2 handed sword, Heavy Blade, Greatsword etc, is like this:

2lc45fr.jpg

So, if there is a way for me to change the way it holds the Heavy Blade, tell me (I only saw changes to back position, holster etc) If not, please add this cosmetic feature for free or for plat.

Edited by InDang3r
mistakes

Ideally, weapon idling could be tied to stances (like the Nikana) or that of the warframe animation set.

Would be cool to have options to hold your weapon differently to suit that stance combos it uses. It would take some work to implement though.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

unique idle stances based on frames or stance mod would be nice, but going back and doing this for every frame and every stance, plus adding it in for new frames and stance mods would take an ungodly amount of time, hence why DE haven't done it and likely never will. even Melee 3.0 won't have new idles, but the combat itself is more important in the end.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

unique idle stances based on frames or stance mod would be nice, but going back and doing this for every frame and every stance, plus adding it in for new frames and stance mods would take an ungodly amount of time, hence why DE haven't done it and likely never will. even Melee 3.0 won't have new idles, but the combat itself is more important in the end.

It's not as if they haven't done it before, giving idle animations to every frame when polearm/spearguns came out, like the Scourge, etc.

But admittedly, that's just 1 weapon type, it would suck having to do it for each melee weapon type such as daggers, swords, claws, etc

Edited by (XB1)calvina

On 2018-11-01 at 6:43 AM, Ada_Wong_SG said:

The current one is basically Hasso no kamae.
250px-Hass%C5%8D-no-kamae_Christophe_Cha

There is waki gamae.

1200px-WakiNoKamae.JPG

498347-sieg.jpg');

Jodan is basically a raised hasso, which is rather exposed and have lots of opening to a thrust, chudan might look too meh
and gedan looks kind of strange to be running around.
c29e5e1d352a5b8aafb868b58698c096.jpg

Those Kamae stances are interesting, however I doubt they should apply to a 20 kg long metal sword which is not as light as a katana or japanese sword. Being so long, there can't be any balance between the blade and the handle. So to hold it while idle, hanging down on the side, instead of on your shoulder is irrealistic. Same goes for holding it straight up while running. Trying to keep that weight balanced would put unecessary strain on ur hands and arms, while u could easily have it on ur shoulder and run. Just saying, you compared to real life insipiration for the game concept, so pointing out that in real life nobody would hold  something so heavy and long like that.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb InDang3r:

Those Kamae stances are interesting, however I doubt they should apply to a 20 kg long metal sword which is not as light as a katana or japanese sword. Being so long, there can't be any balance between the blade and the handle. So to hold it while idle, hanging down on the side, instead of on your shoulder is irrealistic. Same goes for holding it straight up while running. Trying to keep that weight balanced would put unecessary strain on ur hands and arms, while u could easily have it on ur shoulder and run. Just saying, you compared to real life insipiration for the game concept, so pointing out that in real life nobody would hold  something so heavy and long like that.

Weight shouldn't matter that much for magical powered armor suits capable of sending heavly armored foes flying with an arrow. But the size/shape of some weapons would make some stances look meh.