Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you agree that Ordis, Lotus, and others should get more lines to make things more fresh?

Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe

I believe that The Lotus, and Especially Ordis should get a Massive Overhaul to their dialogue, i'm tired of hearing the same things over and over "Be weary tenno, this mission is dangerous"   "The odds were against us tenno, but we did it. (finishing a level 10 mission)"    "Bshhhhhhhhhhh... You hear that? The radiation is a Riot!" 

Don't you all agree with me that it would be awesome if these got overhauled? Like instead of 5 lines, they can have 500 lines or something, you can even make him repeat the same words but in a different way or accent, make BETTER jokes, the first time i played i actually laughed at some of ordis's jokes but now it's gettin old. (Ordis really is broken)

Could the devs patch these awesome dudes and galls into a more fresh experience to listen to them for? Im tired of hearing them say the same thing over... AND over... AND over... AND over... AND o-....  You get the point.

What is your opinion on this? Please leave your feedback

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Naftal said:

They really need new transmission lines for when you've already done missions many times.

"What is that thing?"

It's just a Kuva siphon Lotus, like on the last thousand times.

I agree, and eventually we become numb to listening to them, we know what they are going to say so we just ignore them, we never expect them to say anything else interesting. The time that surprised me the most is when like my evil clone of me said "Hey kiddo." Now i was freaked out when  that happened for the first time for me! I'd love for new things to happen rather than the same lines over and over... It gives more personality, so to speak

• Like 1

Yeah thats what bothers me with so many games, sooner or later you reach the point of no new lines and get annoyed. Just i think on some games you hit that wall way way later then on others.

If i have a list of things i like and dont like on warframe, having so few random dialog options of Lotus and of Ordis would be 100 % one of the dislike ones (together with some other way more important dislike reasons), it would add so much more to the game to just have a lot more dialog then usual from Ordis and Lotus (SPECIALLY Ordis...)

Now if someone says "but i dont want ordis to constantly blabla me to death" i say: As long as its always something else entirely then the usual ones its surely better then the same ones over and over even if the distance of dialogs would be 5 minutes away from each other. Then better having it randomly and even more often as long as it doesnt repeat itself.

Examples (should not be 100 % this but maybe something going in that direction)

In General way more different NPC random dialogs then the ones we know

Imagine Ordis commenting on your weapon choice for example: *chosing a Sniper* "Are we going for a hunt, Operator?" (yeah Ordis surely would have a way better one,  but just as an example)

Ordis commenting on your Warframe choice: *chosing Ember* "Going out for a bbq, Operator?" (Yeah ok that one is maybe a little bit... i think not even Ordis would say that, maybe me in Ordis form would do that...)

Ordis commenting on decorations placed (maybe even commenting about particular ones especially)

Lotus making diffferent comments after you did a certein mission type already 100 times (literally): *Bursa Warning* "A Bursa, nothing you cant handle, you know what to do" (Or anything that at least indicates she is aware of you already knowing what to do and not acting like it would be so hard for you to eliminate one bursa...)

Other NPCs like the Faction leaders not always saying their 1 sentence every single mission........ please add more varity here, another reason i really cant stand doing syndicate missions anymore

One that doesnt bother me, but that would be cool to have: Man in the Wall not always only saying "hey kiddo" but instead sometimes maybe asking your confusing questions.

AND

So i finally maybe HALF way care about the enforced NPCs in Syndicate missions: Some Dialog of the NPCs that follow you around (specially if you give them orders "Allright i stay" "I follow you" ) would make them feel way more alive then just the silent no name statists you see in movies screaming and jumping inside the camera to die.

In General and short version: Just make the character feel more alive and at least give the illusion of them beeing interactive.

Il y a 1 heure, Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe a dit :

Like instead of 5 lines, they can have 500 lines or something,

Bruh, do you even know how much time it took for DE to make the Dialogues for Hydroid Prime's Trailer the Main Quests? 

I'm not saying this is unrealistic. Just that a couple lines are already a long process (learning the text, learning the tone and expression, record everything, tweak the sound, add sound effects, program things, etc.), so we'll either get it piece by piece, or in a huge batch after a couple months, and I'm not even taking in account the fact that DE is already working on other stuff, like Fortuna (including the voice and dialogues of every PNG). 

il y a une heure, Dark_RRiderr a dit :

One that doesnt bother me, but that would be cool to have: Man in the Wall not always only saying "hey kiddo" but instead sometimes maybe asking your confusing questions.

That would be interresting. He's already getting deeper and deeper in our mind (Chimera), so I'm pretty sure he could start talking to us during missions at some point. 

yes, it would also be good to add some features to the games launcher icon and theme for the playstation, update screens and ship mood, ordis needs updates, and lotus feels short of content/rewards, the atmosphere in the planetary/mission selection could have some weather improvements and other mechanics when selecting each plane, that could promote new or random types of enemies and rewards based on the fact that its day/night, if its raining softly there could be some temporary effects benefiting sprinters and resource collectors with a chime indicator, or energy beacon to use to power/sacrifice energy towards a random modifiyer, terrain enhancement where appropriate, especially during free-roam because its really boring to endure constrained hopping and dashing, the rain and weather changes should keep each planet interesting, unless its indoors, that i suggest each sensor and enemy be improveed security and area scanning robots include other rewards in chests, and rare items to keep gameplay intriguing for explorers and speed runners, since they need the most challenge they should be faced with otehr facets and blockades, ambushes and ability/ gravity or emp locks based on the ships security, the only scary thing in the game is that roller enemy and water.

• 1 month later...

As a conservative option for cost sake, I'd like for the Operators to get a few more voicelines to reply to them or override them occasionally. They're the voicelines in the most dire need of updating IMO (They've been the same since TSD and the voice actors were REALLY not as comfortable with their roles as they are now) and it'd be good characterisation - particularly if some only came up based on story progression or loadout. For example, post-Sacrifice (where they've become comfortable in an independent operation) it'd be interesting to see them muse about their objective.

Something like murmuring: "Alright... standard reactor, so coolant first, then overload it." in place of the 'Complex system' Lotus line. As for loadout, have a few voicelines based on some of the Warframe's theming - for example, a front-lines, very physical fighter like Rhino might get a line like "All right! I'll take you all on!" or for a more 'space magic' frame something like "You don't even understand the power I possess, you can't hope to beat me." And maybe a few based on the damage types, maybe shared with Warframes also using that theme. "Let's light 'em up!" for weapons using heat damage or when using Ember, as an example.

Maybe those lines specifically wouldn't fit, but you get the idea. Operators in my opinion need a lot more love than the other announcers.

• Like 2

More ambient dialogue for everyone would be nice for sure. Especially as something progression-related. By the time you've completed the quest line and have sunk a few dozen or hundred hours into the game you don't really need the help-text style reminders of what a mission is, so it'd be cool to see more flavorful options opening up later on.

Note

On 2018-10-31 at 2:26 PM, Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe said:

What is your opinion on this? Please leave your feedback

the missions introduced on Earth carry on through the star chart are “it”. I’m not sure new dialog on the same old spy at the end of the star chart vs the beginning will add much flavor.

More variation and less repetitiveness is always a good thing~ ❤️ Personally, I'd prefer to just disable their cut-ins and voice lines though. Still hoping for a quest to get rid of Ordis!

Makes me wonder though- If DE sold character voice packs for platinum, would people buy them. 🤔 There are some lovely characters in Warframe, and I'd actually enjoy to hear some of them unlike Lotus or Ordis. 😛 
Just imagine one where every line is "CLEM!" "Clem, Clem, Clem!".
Or Kuva-chan / Profit-Taker-chan saying mean things. ❤️ 

Honestly at this point i want to turn the pop up animations that are not specific to the missions off, then they can save money on paying some one.

They are cool for the first month or so....

then the 2nd month its like yes, i know operator thank you well do that...

then after a year its like... yes ordis  i know your hap..angry....no i wont sell you for mods because i haven't figured out how... please shut up ordis.... yes you said that the last time i change my photonic wave lengths to this.

Half the time im working on my load out and ordis pops up just as i go to look at my abilities.... blocking the right half of the screen.... with something i already heard.

While agreeing with the request, would love to hear more lines from Ordis without his emotional precept.

Also, as others have mentioned, a reactor sabotage/spy/etc. is not that complex when doing for the n+100 time. I think,  a calm "Another tuesday at the office" type of line, reflecting operators expertise, focus school choice and alligment representaton would be also interesting to see/hear. But the amount of work required to pull it off for questionable QoL change...

• 4 weeks later...

I want this to happen. It would be so refreshing. 

Some of the work is already done, actually. There was a time when Darvo was mission control briefly in an event, although only while in missions.
Teshin in particular has most voicelines already recorded, since he takes over during the Natah quest when Lotus goes MIA, for every mission type. The only lines I don't think he has recorded are for a few mission types which only appear later than the quest's completion (Infested Salvage, for example) and maybe Plains and Defection stuff.

While it would be a bit of work, it would be nice to have some more variety after Lotus goes on vacation to Tau. Since you're not being directed by the Lotus anymore, you could instead have other familiar faces who're contracting you to do stuff. Like for example, for Defection missions we could have Cressa Tal leading you to help the Kavor. Exterminate, Sabotage, Defense, and Assasination stuff could be led by Teshin. Ordis could handle intel-based stuff like Spy, Mobile Defense, Interception, Infested Salvage, Capture... Maroo or Darvo could get you to do Excavations, maybe even Baro on rare occasions (since he was involved with Excavations being added), etc.

Some lines could be reused, and since by that point you would have done most mission types many times over, they could forego long explanations with just stuff like "You know the drill, get the target, get out", "This base needs to be cleared of hostiles before we can search it", "This ship is powered by a reactor; disable it.", "There's a cryopod here. You need to keep it safe while an extraction team gets prepared." And a lot of the unneccessary fluff like "There's a large platoon of Grineer headed your way", "You're surrounded by Grineer Marines", "Multiple biosignatures detected, Infested incoming", etc. aren't really necessary most of the time, and certainly not for all mission types, which could cut down on the required dialogue a lot.

It would also be nice to have some differentquest monologues. In particular, things likeHidden Messages make absolutely no sense if Ordis is simply replicating the Lotus' speechpatterns and mission briefings, since personal memories are revealed during the mission. @IdrisQe

The art team and sound team really need to get together on this. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

Ordis and Lotus in particular should get a cinematic quest where we are given the option to finally kick them out the airlock. (if that's even possible in Ordis's case, maybe we should kick ourselves out the airlock then to rid ourselves of the pain caused by Ordis trying to be funny or Lotus announcing the millionth Nano Spore alert)

• Like 1

I'd prefer to specifically be able to disable Ordis messages while in the orbiter - I don't much appreciate being hurried along to make decisions. "Are you awake, Operator?" Stfu dude. If I wanna stand around in my orbiter, I'mma stand around in my orbiter.

• Like 1

I suppose maybe I have inserted that quote based on the implications that "idle quotes" make by even existing. Like - https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ordis/Quotes none of them say specifically that? And yet in my mind, they are all saying exactly that. "Hurry up. Play the game. Play the game. Play the game." I don't need encouragement, I promise.

Like to me 

• "Operator? Ordis wonders... what are you thinking about?"
  •  
  • "Operator, were you visualizing a bloody battle? -Me too!"

• "Operator, the system needs you. Will you begin another mission?"

means "you know your game is still running, right? are you gonna play or not?"

Edited by Gnohme
  • Like 1

honestly ide like the option to choose who talks to you in missions, they have a few quests where teshin replaces lotus, ide love to be able to have teshin being the one talking in all missions as an option, or ordis, or simaris, you get what i mean

edit: obviously this wouldnt work in any quests though, they would overwrite it back to being lotus or whoever the quests have it as

Edited by Joltyboi