General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Affinity not being shared between weapons

Parzivaul

I was trying to level stuff quickly using the stealth multiplier mechanic. Went into Adaro, Sedna with only my Rakta Dark Dagger equipped. It leveled fine and normal. Then I went into the same mission again, only with Spira and and Rakta Dark Dagger. When I would get a kill with the dagger, in both stealth and alerted states, the Spira would gain 0 affinity. When I got a kill with Spira, it gained normal affinity. Is this a newly implemented feature that I'm not aware of? 

3 minutes ago, Parzivaul said:

Is this a newly implemented feature that I'm not aware of? 

You mean since the game was released? It has always been like this. This is not a bug, it is just a game mechanic.

Frames get 100% affinity on power kill.

Weapon kills give the frame 50% affinity, and the weapon used gets 50%. Other weapons get nothing.

Here is what the Wiki says on it:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by krc473

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

You mean since the game was released? It has always been like this.

Frames get 100% affinity on power kill.

Weapon kills give the frame 50% affinity, and the weapon used gets 50%. Other weapons get nothing.

Then why did people use this method to farm focus at one point? Is that shared differently than affinity?

Just now, krc473 said:

Because it works well. Frame and melee is all you need to take for that method.

Oh okay. I understand not. I assumed people ran full gear with lenses on everything like old Bere or ESO. Thank you for your replies. Guess it's going to take a long time to level still.

9 minutes ago, Parzivaul said:

Guess it's going to take a long time to level still.

The affinity system is why people run missions like Hydron. When your teammates kill you get affinity distributed across all your gear. This is also why people ran full gear on Bere and on EOS. Because team kills give you spread affinity. Its basically the reason you get leechers in some missions. You can run spy missions as well, if you like those. They distribute affinity too.

Stealth modifier farming is done solo. So you only need the frame and a melee (or silent weapon of choice).

EOS/Hydron are done in groups. So you get your own kills, and the affinity shared between all your gear from team kills.

The two methods do not work the same.