Focus Lens Removing.

ClapCloud

Hello,

As I have entered the end game content, I have been working on my Focus. the only issue i have at this point is that we are unable to remove a Focus Lens, we can replace it, but as i am progressing and as the game evolves some weapons or Frames just work better, and so i never replace the old ones because i don't want to waste the Lens. however, i like playing that frame or use that weapon. so it would be nice to just be able to make it blank again. I don't need the lens back, i just want to be able to take it off... 

45 minutes ago, ClapCloud said:

As I have entered the end game content, I have been working on my Focus. the only issue i have at this point is that we are unable to remove a Focus Lens, we can replace it, but as i am progressing and as the game evolves some weapons or Frames just work better, and so i never replace the old ones because i don't want to waste the Lens. however, i like playing that frame or use that weapon. so it would be nice to just be able to make it blank again. I don't need the lens back, i just want to be able to take it off... 

Why? There is no downside to having a lens applied. No benefit to not having a lens.

I don't think DE should spend any time implementing a feature that can only be used to downgrade gear.

I've read a topic here where one player didn't want to see those yellow focus buff balls so there's at least one other person who would like this done.

But you can use the focus from a maxed-out school to up your focus pool which you will need to do if you max your waybounds, so focus is useful for quite a long time.

23 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Why? There is no downside to having a lens applied. No benefit to not having a lens.

I don't think DE should spend any time implementing a feature that can only be used to downgrade gear.

Why? the down side is i dont always use the same weapons, and its costly to upgrade everytime i switch schools, so say i am working on Zen school, but have Nam equiped. because i forgot to switch weapson or whatever, and now i just wasted a days worth of farming for wrong school.... and i dont consider this a downgrade,  there is no downside for allowing it... 

6 hours ago, ClapCloud said:

Why? the down side is i dont always use the same weapons, and its costly to upgrade everytime i switch schools, so say i am working on Zen school, but have Nam equiped. because i forgot to switch weapson or whatever, and now i just wasted a days worth of farming for wrong school....

It might--might-- be a waste to have a certain lens equipped. But it's definitely a waste to have an empty lens slot. 

Is there something about having the filled slot that makes you more likely to use the wrong weapon?  If the different school symbols are too hard to tell apart, it seems like a better suggestion would be to make them more prominent.

6 hours ago, ClapCloud said:

and i dont consider this a downgrade,  there is no downside for allowing it... 

There are nearly always downsides, even with really good ideas.  In this case, just off the top of my head, the downsides are the development time and resources for something I'd guess very, very few people are going to use.  And the likelihood that some percentage of those few people would  use it and be unhappy with the result. e.g., "I saw the warning, but I figured there had to be some good reason to destroy a lense without a replacement or else DE never would have given the option." [insert /ragequit here] 😛

23 hours ago, ClapCloud said:

Why? the down side is i dont always use the same weapons, and its costly to upgrade everytime i switch schools, so say i am working on Zen school, but have Nam equiped. because i forgot to switch weapson or whatever, and now i just wasted a days worth of farming for wrong school.... and i dont consider this a downgrade,  there is no downside for allowing it... 

Even if you've maxed s school you can buy slots with that rep, and if you're working on another school you can replace a lens.

You don't lose anything for using this old gear with the wrong lens - you get focus for the wrong school, rather than no focus at all.

On 2018-11-01 at 12:26 PM, GOOFBALL1 said:

I've read a topic here where one player didn't want to see those yellow focus buff balls so there's at least one other person who would like this done.

Yeah, I saw that too, but they appear if you have any lenses at all - I think the number of players who've maxed every focus school is fairly small.

16 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

And the likelihood that some percentage of those few people would  use it and be unhappy with the result. e.g., "I saw the warning, but I figured there had to be some good reason to destroy a lense without a replacement or else DE never would have given the option." [insert /ragequit here

Yes. This. DE ain't gonna spend money paying coders to implement a feature that only lets players lose something they had.