Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something worse than a leech

Erytroxylin

OP, any frame using any weapon (well, perhaps excluding melee in this case) can beat sortie Lephantis when modded correctly or with a bit of skill. Or are you simply whining that other players aren't as good at this game as you are and therefore they are worse than leeches?

I don't get it. 

Lol, it's a Sortie Lephantis which is just a huge bullet sponge... And yeah, I was the one who brought Rubico Prime... Unfortunately I made 98% of dmg as well... Even tho I was Titania who has been fully modded for Hemocyte before. And Sniper against L100 Lephantis in Sortie is much better that Titania.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

what if it were Sniper Only? what then? I'm guessing Titania starts becoming a common sight, but still.

you chose to PUG the Sortie, this is what you got. if you don't like it, solo, recruit or grab friends/ clan members.

What I actually do is leave and requeue till I get a group that has appropriate weaponry. It doesn't take long. Usually only 3-4 tries.

11 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

Due to Lephantis mechanics, you'll do the same damage per shot with a rifle except hit 10x as many times in the same time frame. 

It just makes the fight take ungodly longer when people don't bring guns that can actually be useful is all.

I'd blame the game for this one, Lephantis mechanics aren't told anywhere in-game.

If someone made this mistake I'd just tell them how Lephantis works and hope they bring something better next time.

As for it being worse than a leech, no way, I'd rather have someone try but fail than someone doing nothing on purpose.

We had a chroma and a rhino in our team yesterday, i was running nezha. (lephies scythe deals 3,5k damage btw)

The rhino had a vectis prime and dealt ~94% damage with a self buff build(no range), i had a ignis w and dealt 3% damage and the other 2 did the other 3% with arca plasmors

3 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

i had a ignis w and dealt 3% damage and the other 2 did the other 3% with arca plasmors

Those weapons are known to not interact with his weakpoints properly so you end up doing many 0s even when you aim properly.  So yeah... congrats on having a full party of wrong weapons lmao.

13 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

People who bring sniper rifles to Lephantis Sortie.

This has been a public service announcement.

Oh man. I was hoping that this would be a comparative parasitology thread. 

I always figured that Dracunculus medinensis was the one to beat. I mean leeches pfft those are a walk in the park by comparison (as in literally some places you just go walking and you got leeches). 

I farmed the S#&$ out of plague star the last time it was live (I needed a lot of forma) using Rhino. I tried tenora, supra vandal (with riven), vaykor hek, vectis prime and rubico (before I had rubico prime). I got the best TTK by far with the snipers. How do you explain that? 

7 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

6M3HYjc.png Nothing can be worst than this.

Ran a 40 minute kuva survival with a resource booster from log in and that happened. I was done with the game after that for the night. I'm not sure why after 5 years that issue still hasnt been fixed. The game knows when you expand a resource such as an energy plate in those missions, but curiously cant remember that you had mods/ resources gained? It's not even like you can force the game into a host migration error to cheese the system, which would be the only reason I could see DE not fixing this issue.

Edited by (XB1)Demon Intellect

8 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

*Players stand on you for 3 seconds when you get downed....and then run away without even ATTEMPTING to pick you up

How about player named GOOFBALL1 teabagging you when you're down?

(For the record I still revive them)

12 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

How do you explain that? 

A learn to play issue. I really don't mean this in a negative way.  I sucked badly too at first. It took a few days of learning the mechanics and damage system that the game doesn't bother to educate you on to figure out what was happening.

A few options. Your aim isn't up to par and snipers with their scopes are easier to aim with so you are actually connecting more hits.

Failing that, you have a severe modding issue in that you dont know how to mod weapons properly for those two bosses. My supra vandal was hitting just as hard on hemocyte/lephantis as my snipers were, except also it was firing at 30 rounds per second.

There is no way outside of player error for a sniper to out damage a rapid fire weapon that also hits the damage cap on those two bosses.

Edited by Erytroxylin

11 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

I farmed the S#&$ out of plague star the last time it was live (I needed a lot of forma) using Rhino. I tried tenora, supra vandal (with riven), vaykor hek, vectis prime and rubico (before I had rubico prime). I got the best TTK by far with the snipers. How do you explain that? 

An anomaly, nothing more, or your tenora, supra and others have the completely wrong mods compared to your sniper for the fight.

Heavy hitting single shot weapons are well known to be bad versus Lephantis and Hemo due to the damage cap. If you run in groups dont let the damage stat fool you in either of the fights. In the PS event it gets scewed by the previous stages, in the sortie it gets scewed simply due to weapons used in the group. I mean you can sit with 95% damage done in a sortie group while using a sniper, it still doesnt mean it is good, just that the others had worse weapons for the job.

The question is how long it takes to bring down the heads. With a proper weapon a 4/4 Hemo should take maybe a second or two per head. Corrosive Pyrana Prime is likely the best weapon out there atm to handle these fights unless you have access to Titania and a corrosive Dex Pixia setup.

13 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

Have you not heard of that "hip-fire sniper" thingy.

It is indeed a thing, I am told. :laugh:

But yeah, I'd bring my Tigris over my Vectis any day. Amps seem to work quite well too...

13 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

But yeah, I'd bring my Tigris over my Vectis any day. Amps seem to work quite well too...

Anything with multi bullets. The bosses have a damage per shot cap, so once a weapon hits that cap, you're better off firing faster. Shotguns are great for that since each pellet is a bullet, so are fast firing guns like akstilleto, soma, supra etc.

Amps do high damage as well, except they also hit the damage cap so generally the best amp is the 4 prism. Pop that behind a volt shield with a good virtuous arcane and it also shreds them. Not as good as a nice weapon, but not too far behind. Very nice if you've run out of ammo and/or dont have the mods/forma on a weapon set up for those two bosses yet.

Edited by Erytroxylin

hace 14 minutos, SneakyErvin dijo:

The question is how long it takes to bring down the heads. With a proper weapon a 4/4 Hemo should take maybe a second or two per head. Corrosive Pyrana Prime is likely the best weapon out there atm to handle these fights unless you have access to Titania and a corrosive Dex Pixia setup.

Good to know, it took me maybe 4 or 5 seconds to down one of the 4/4 heads with the vectis prime so I should've probably investigated a better specific supra vandal build for the hemocyte then to improve my time. https://media.giphy.com/media/R6bDgXEXCLcIw/giphy.gif

1 hour ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

How about player named GOOFBALL1 teabagging you when you're down?

(For the record I still revive them)

I got no probs with teabagging.

It is when they come over to ya, stand there for a few seconds turning left and right....then go off to kill something waaaaay over there.

An attempt at a revive is more appreciated than stand then dash (STD from now on).

Get your teabag on...it's in the game

15 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

?

what's your problem? 

I mean, really, noone is going to make entirely new weapon, potato+forma it and buy riven just to make your sortie run 2 minutes faster

sniper rifle works and works well, so I see no problem with it

Edited by rsod25

I had Plasmor in yesterdays sortie assassination 😄 Not intentionally though. After previous mission the host left and "squad disassembled". So I went to take a piss, but when I came back someone had returned and started the final Lephantis mission before I could change weapon, lol. Not my fault!

3 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

Those weapons are known to not interact with his weakpoints properly so you end up doing many 0s even when you aim properly.  So yeah... congrats on having a full party of wrong weapons lmao.

It was a public party, the weapons are always random in those and the last stage didn't take THAT long (~10-15min)

Dunno if other people can't aim with continuous but my ignis popped out thousands of damage ticks and not a single one was 0 as long i didn't shoot closed heads (sometimes it damaged leph through the closed infested chest flaps)