[Warframe Concept] Paradox the Time Sorceress

(XBOX)Nightseid

Paradox

+++Design Concept+++

Gf85zI1.jpg

Wip2 - more djinn looking

dgHBUUn.jpg

Here is version 4.

This concept has had me wrestling with what is a good playstyle for a summoner focused frame and I will tell you I have been going back and forth with this. At first, the challenge was to create a concept with only 1 health (v1) but it was too defensive and strictly supportive. I did like it but I felt Paradox had more potential than that; not to mention the issues of simply have little to no health. So I reinvented her into being a damage support frame (v2), which was ... meh... I mean we have plenty of those types of frames, right? DPS kings! Anyways redid it again into v3, where I tried to emphasize her summoning abilities but that version seems to have fallen flat - better said it was boring. So now I bring you version 4. I feel I have found the right balance of offensive and defensive support while not having her not be a repeat of previous frames (although I'm sure I probably paralleled with at least 1 warframe somewhere).

Version 4 playstyle is all about distracting and weaken enemies; making enemies easier to destroy and less likely to kill you. Paradox's ultimate Nexus gives players & their group the ability to face tank enemies or nuke a room should players decide to go the high power strength and negative duration route. As you may notice I combined the time-theme with the sorceress theme however I tried to avoid the standard super-speed and slow abilities and try to go for more of a parallel universe vibe.

Any and all comments & feedback are welcomed.

Paradox

Health - 50 > 100
Shield- 100 > 200
Armor- 75> 125
Energy- 150 > 300
Speed -1.15

Passive ::

Self-sacrifice - All but one of Paradox's abilities allows her to sacrifice a shadow specter instead of using energy, this action performed when Paradox charges her ability. Upon receiving a fatal blow, if Paradox has at least one active clone, a clone will be destroyed granting Paradox intangibility (she phases out like Barruk's elude ability but is able to shoot enemies) and regenerates 25% of base health over 5 seconds.

Abilities::
1.Hex* - cast a wave of energy that curses with a random debuff.
Cost: 25 energy or 1 active clone
Strength: n/a
Duration - 10/15/20/25s
Range- 20/25/30/35 m ( wave distance, straight-line); if clone sacrificed ability will cast in a 90/100/120/180 degree angle.

2.Time Warp -teleport in any direction summoning a shadow specter (or clone) at your previous location. This specter will be armed with a melee weapon to attack all enemies.

Cost- 50 energy or 100 energy if charged
Strength- n/a
Duration- 10/12/15/18 specter duration;
Range- 6/8/10/12 m
Misc- Only 3 shadows can be activated at a time, new shadows will destroy older ones. If the ability is charged it will summon 3 clones instead of one.

3.Chronosphere - Paradox lobs an orb which pulses temporal energy every other second. Enemies caught within its pulse are stunned for a 3 seconds and split. Split enemies with have their efficiency halved.

Cost: 75 energy or 1 active clone
Strength- 100/150/200/250 dmg per pulse; explosion - 200/300/400/500 dmg; 2x if clone sacrificed
Duration - 6/7/8/10s
Range- 7/8/10/12m; at full charge - 10/12/15/18m

Description- what does Chronosphere do exactly? Well, it stuns and creates a copy of the enemy ("splitting them"). Split enemies will have their level lowered, affecting their offense and defense stats in the process i.e. a level 50 bombard is split into two level 25 bombards, then further split into four levels 6 bombards. The only restriction is enemies cannot be split below level 1. Split enemies may also drop loot too ... think of a paradox/desecrate nekros combo.

4.Nexus - Paradox summons a void-energy specter at her location that serves as a damage anchor, this specter absorbs incoming damage from Paradox and nearly by allies for a limited time. Enemies within the nexus' area of effect will be slowed and receive a portion of damage absorbed by the nexus. Once the nexus reaches its duration limit it explodes dealing 100% its remaining health to nearby enemies knocking them back.

Cost: 100 energy or all active clones
Strength- 200/400/600/1000 (base health; 2x/3x/4x per clone sacrificed); 50/60/70/80% (dmg absorption); 30/40/50/60 % speed reduction;
Duration- 10/15/20/25 seconds
Range- 5m radius (AoE on enemies); 10m radius (absorption range)
Misc-

SIDENOTE: I would love for magnetic to have the status effect of bullet attractor, along with effect to temporarily reduce shields and have void damage lower all enemy defensives by 5 or 10% permanently (affecting armor, health & shields)giving the operator an edge or have void energy status affects be dictated by the focus tree-like, choosing zenurik will cause enemies with void damage to drop extra loot on death.

+++
*possible debuffs for Hex:

1. clumsy - affected enemies will inflict self-damage.
2. forgetful -affected enemies will revert to an unalerted state (disengage in combat and become passive, even when receiving damage)
3. sickly - affected enemies will have a 100% chance of receiving a status effect.
4. Fear -affected enemies run away... exactly like Nekros Fear.
Etc...

*Possible Ability Augment:

Hex -> Polymorph
Hex instead transforms into enemies into a random wildlife creature, with a 35/65/100% chance of summoning at least 1/2/3 attack creatures (kubrow or kavat).

++++Update++++

11/4/2018

+added bold to timeslip

+ time-clones – remove stat procs, add short stun upon explosion

+ time-slip – move to first ability slot – lower energy cost to 25

+ time slip- added effect, when time slip creates a new clone past the 3 limit the oldest clone will explode.

+ time-clones language added older clones are sacrifice first before new ones.

+ add 5 sec time clone cooldown

+ distort – add increases evasion; increase survivability so chances of enemies landing a direct hit are lowered.

+ distort – reduce energy cost 30 energy but scales per clone charge gained. 2 charges = 45 energy. Full charge = 60 energy.

+ recon – change "0 energy effect" to "increases energy efficiency by 20/25/30/35%".

+ rename from "recon" to "singularity"

+ change repeat to time fissure

11/6/2018

+ add design concept image of Paradox

12/2/2018

+ replace time fissure w/ quantum bullet (4 abilities)

1/14/2019

+retcon Paradox. 

3/20/2019

+ Paradox v3

4/26/2019

+Paradox v4

----removed ----

Spoiler

below are removed abilities...

1. Repeat – Paradox casts a pulse that causes enemies and enemy projectiles to stop and go back 3/4/5/6 seconds, they will repeat their actions. Any damage or stat effect done to them previously will be reapplied. Tap ability to send the pulse forward. Charging the ability will cause the pulse to emanate from Paradox's body.

Energy cost: 25

Range: 10/12/13/15m

*FYI - this ability will not reset enemy health forced to repeat.

3. Time fissure** – Paradox sacrifices a time clone to cast a pulse that puts enemies and allies in a 3 second time loop. Enemies will re-receive damage done to within those initial 3 seconds every other second for the ability’s duration including having debuff re-applied/ timer refresh. Allies will have buffs durations refresh, every other second for the abilities duration.

Energy cost: 75

Range angle: 90/100/120/180 degrees

Range radius: 10/12/13/15m (initial radius)

Pulse travel: 2/3/4/5s; pulse speed 5m/s

Duration: 6/8/10/12s (after initial)

Paradox - Time based frame - v1

Spoiler

Intro:

So, I was challenged by @(XB1)DarkRepulser205 to come up with a warframe concept with only ONE Health. Yes, one health, so figured why not. At first, it was hard narrowing down a theme that would fit but the hardest was thinking about a power design that replenished energy (his power and health source) in a fun way. As such, I decided to go with a time-themed warframe that creates time-paradoxes (time clones, etc.) for survivability.

Anyways let me know what you think. Comments and suggestion welcomed and if you want to join in the 1 HP challenge, simply add it to your thread title.

Short Lore:

The Orokin always sought power, to control everything including time itself. for if you control time, you control death itself. Sometime in the war, a frame was created using an obscene amount of void energy - this warframe would go back a time before the sentients to avert the war but bestow advance knowledge so the Orokin would continue to thrive and grow the empire. the frame disappeared upon its creation and never seen from again - to where, to when? the past? the future? who knows? The answer, Tenno, lies in the gilded Orokin vaults.

Stats @ rank 30

Health -1 -> 1

Shields- 400 -> 800

Armor- 200 -> 300

Energy- 500 -> 1000

Speed-1.25

Abilities

Passives – Innate Quick Thinking (@240% efficiency) and Convergence - Whenever Paradox’s time-clone is destroyed, it restores a portion of Paradox’s energy (20/25/30/35%); however, if Paradox suffers a fatal hit her consciences is transferred to any remaining time-clone.

1. Timeslip –Paradox dashes (like operator void-dash) to a new location in the direction she is facing, leaving behind a time-clone. 1 clone can be summoned every 3s, up to 3 time-clones can be summoned. Older clones implode upon the creation of new clones over the 3 clone limit.

Range: 6/8/10/12m

*Time clones are Paradox warframe specters (Rank 3 when Rank 30) – they will wield the weapon Paradox was using when summoned. Upon death (in addition to passive) the specters will implode causing brief stun to nearby enemies.

**sacrificed time-clones will not restore energy via passive but will implode causing stun

2. Time Distortion** - sacrifices a time-clone to vibrate through the dimensions for a short period of time, increasing Paradox's evasion and reduce incoming damage from projectiles. Every time-clone destroyed will refresh duration, if still active.

Energy cost: 30 (initial cast), 45 (per charge after)

Strength: 20/25/30/35% damage reduction and evasion per shattered time-clone. (max 3 counters)

Duration: 10/15/20/25s

3. Quantum Bullet – Cycle ability- Paradox sacrifices a time clone to fire a single target-attack that does 1 of 4 different Quantum effect.

Cycle 1 - Deja Vu - enemies that recieve damage while under the effects of deja vu - will repeat damage recieved every other second until of ability duration or death (includes reapplying status effects).

Cycle 2 - Better Times - targeted ally will be protected from enemy damage for a period of time.

Cycle 3 - Fissure - target enemy implodes into an orb of gravitational force. Pulling items and projectiles (ability acts like the simulor) within 5m.

Cycle 4 - Polymorh- target enemies will transform into a random companion ally - Kubrow, Kavat, etc.

Damage Protection - 500/600/700/800

Range: 8/10/12/15m

Duration: 6/8/10/12s (after initial)

4. Singularity - Destroys all time-clones to restore 20/25/30/35% energy & shields to Paradox; while allies receive restoring to energy, health, and shields to allies in a 45m radius. Paradox and her allies gain an energy surge, a buff that grants their next ability cost zero energy then increases allies energy efficiency by 20/25/30/35%.

Energy cost: 100 energy

Strength: 20/25/30/35% per shattered time-clone

Duration: 5/6/8/10s

*Energy surge – is a non-stack buff

paradox v2

Spoiler

Paradox version 2:

So after much thought on a larger health pool variant, I decided to do a complete retcon on Paradox, why? Well first 1 HP is extremely difficult without making her grossly overpowered to many game mechanics that deal direct damage to health. So this version simply has lower than average health (starts at 25hp) than most frames. Second Baruuk, initially Paradox was supposed to have an ability that had damage phased through her, now with the release of Baruuk, it seems silly to continue having that ability.

Lastly, as I changed her powers she has become less of a time-based frame and something more of a witch or sorceress frame.

if you like to read the original concept i left on the bottom of the post.

Paradox stats

Health – 25 -> 50

Shield – 100 -> 200

Armor – 75 -> 175

Energy – 150 -> 300

Speed – 1.15

Passive- > déjà vu: whenever paradox takes fatal damage she will switch teleport with an active clone instead – destroying the clone in the process. As a result, Paradox has a 10 second bleed out timer vice the standard 20s.

Ability 1Hex: Casts a bad luck on enemies that jams their weapon and lowers their defense for a short time.

Strength: 15/20/25/30%(shield/armor reduction)

Duration: 5/8/10/15s

Range: 10/15/20/25m (wave distance)

Augment – Polymorph: instead of lower defenses, Paradox turns the first 5 enemies into random wildlife creature (Kubrow, Kavat, or SandRay) that attacks any & all nearby enemies. Recast hex will refresh Polymorph timer but will not turn another enemy until a polymorphed enemy dies.

Ability 2Stepford: Summon up to 3 Paradox clones*

Energy Cost 15 (teleport), 50 (summon)

Tap - Switch teleport between clones

Full Charge – summon a clone

Misc- each active clone will reduce energy capability by 25%. Whenever a clone is destroyed Paradox will have her capacity restored.

*Clones are specters, occasionally casting a smaller version of Hex(without polymorph augment). These clones (when summoned) have approx. 50% of Paradox’s max health & armor.

Ability 3 – Scry -> Sacrifice a clone that randomly marks all enemies with 1 of 3 symbols. Hitting that symbol will cause the enemy to drop the following: Circle- health drop, Square – energy drop, Triangle – ammo drop. Markings will stay on enemies until their death

Cost: 0 energy, 1 clone

Duration: 10/15/20/30s

Range: 20/25/30/35m

Ability 4- Affliction -> Destroy all active clones to send a massive pulse of energy. This ability will cure all nearby allies of debuffs and refresh all status effects currently on enemies. Affliction will also cause newly applied status effects to be tied to the abilities duration while protecting allies from receiving new afflictions.

Energy cost: 0, all active clones

Strength: 20/25/30/35% status damage increase per clone destroyed

Duration: 2/3/4/6s (wave duration), 5m/s (wave speed), 10/15/20/30s (affliction duration)

Misc – does not stack, new application will replace the previous one

Paradox v3

Spoiler

Paradox version 3:

Alright another ability overhaul but keeping the sorceress mofit and the clone mechanic. Paradox now has two summoning abilities: Berserker and Sentry. i figure this make her mechanic easier to work with and less complex. let me know you thoughts.

if you like to read the original concept i left on the bottom of the post.

Paradox stats

Health – 25 -> 50

Shield – 100 -> 200

Armor – 75 -> 175

Energy – 150 -> 300

Speed – 1.15

Abilities:

Passive:: Déjà vu – Paradox is able to summon up to 3 clones. New clones replace older clones. Whenever Paradox receives a fatal blow, all active clones are destroyed restoring 10% (per clone) of Paradox’s health and shields.

*Clones have similar stats as specters (max rank, gold specter). Paradox specters may randomly cast a low-level Hex.

1.Berserker – summons a clone that pounces at targeted enemy stealing health it deals damage to. After initial dash, clone will melee attack other nearby enemies.

Damage: 20/25/30/35% life steal (initial damage)

Duration: 8/10/15/20 sec

Range (initial slash): 8/10/15/20m

Misc.- Power Siphon increases the health and damage of  newly summoned clones by 50/100/150/200%.

2. Sentry – summons a stationary clone that fires at any enemy within its range. Each sentry has a chance to slow enemies for 5 secs.

Damage: 100/200/300/400

Duration: 8/10/15/20 sec

Range: 20m radius

Misc.- Power Siphon increases the health and damage of  newly summoned clones by 50/100/150/200%.

3. Hex- destroy a clone to cast a wave of one of three debuffs on enemies.

Klutz – affected enemies dealself damage.

Enfeeble– affected enemies will have defenses reduced every 3 secs when standing nearby other enemies.

Dreary - affected enemies struck will recieve a random status effect every 3 secs, they are not already affected by. (status damage will match status damage dealt)

Strength: 20/30/40/50% damage reflected | 30/35/40/45% armor/shield reduction 

Duration: 5/8/10/15s 

Range: 8/10/15/20m (straight line)

4. Power Siphon - destroy one or all cones to emit a massive explosive wave that knocks back enemies and increasing power strength of all nearby allies.

Tap to destroy 1 clone or hold to destroy all clones

Damage (per clone): 100/200/300/400 knockback damage

Str: 10/15/20/25% Power Strength increase (per clone destroyed)

Duration: 5/8/10/15s Buff duration; 5m/s wave speed

Range: 20/25/30/35m radius

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid
update
  • Like 1

On 2018-10-31 at 10:11 PM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Paradox

Intro:

So, I was challenged by @(XB1)DarkRepulser205 to come up with a warframe concept with only ONE Health. Yes, one health, so figured why not. At first it was hard narrowing down a theme that would fit but the hardest was thinking about a power design that replenished energy (his power and health source) in a fun way. As such, I decided to go with a time-themed warframe that creates time-paradoxes (time clones, etc.) for survivability.

Anyways let me know what you think. Comments and suggestion welcomed and if you want to join in the 1 HP challenge, simply add it to your thread title.

Short Lore:

The Orokin always sought power, to control everything including time itself. for if you control time, you control death itself. Sometime in the war, a frame was created using an obscene amount of void energy - this warframe would go back a time before the sentients to avert the war but bestow advance knowledge so the Orokin would continue to thrive and grow the empire. the frame disappeared upon its creation and never seen from again - to where, to when? the past? the future? who knows? The answer, Tenno, lies in the gilded Orokin vaults.

Stats @ rank 30

Health -1 -> 1

Shields- 400 -> 800

Armor- 200 -> 300

Energy- 500 -> 1000

Speed-1.25

Passives – Innate Quick Thinking and Convergence - Whenever Paradox’s time-clone is destroyed, it restores a portion of Paradox’s energy (20/25/30/35%); however, if Paradox suffers a fatal hit her consciences is transferred to any remaining time-clone.

Repeat – Paradox casts a pulse that causes enemies and enemy projectiles to stop and go back 3/4/5/6 seconds, they will repeat their actions. Any damage or stat effect done to them previously will be reapplied. Tap ability to send the pulse forward. Charging the ability will cause the pulse to emanate from Paradox's body.

*fyi - this ability will not reset enemy health forced to repeat.

Timeslip –Paradox dashes (like operator void-dash) to a new location in the direction is moving, leaving being a time-clone. Up to 3 time-clones can be summoned.

Energy cost: 50

*Time clones are Paradox warframe specters (Rank 3 when Rank 30) – they will wield the weapon Paradox was using when summoned. Upon death (in addition to passive) the specters will explode causing magnetic/radiation damage to nearby enemies.

Time Distortion - sacrifices a time-clone to reverberate through the dimensions for a short period of time. This ability will reduce incoming damage from projectiles. Every time-clone destroyed will refresh duration, if still active.

Strength: 20/25/30/35% damage reduction per shattered time-clone. (max 3 counters)

*time-clones destroyed this way will not restore energy, but will explode causing mag/rad dmg.

Retcon- Destroys all time-clones to restore 20/25/30/35% energy & shields to Paradox; while allies receive restoring to energy, health, and shields to allies in a 45m radius. Paradox and her allies gain an energy surge, a buff that allows them to cast abilities at no energy cost.

Energy cost: 100 energy

Strength: 20/25/30/35% per shattered time-clone

Duration: 5s

*Energy surge – is a non-stack buff

Ok, so this is interesting... Like i said, this concept had potential.

Now my comments:

Repeat – Paradox casts a pulse that causes enemies and enemy projectiles to stop and go back 3/4/5/6 seconds, they will repeat their actions. Any damage or stat effect done to them previously will be reapplied. Tap ability to send the pulse forward. Charging the ability will cause the pulse to emanate from Paradox's body.

*fyi - this ability will not reset enemy health forced to repeat.

Timeslip –Paradox dashes (like operator void-dash) to a new location in the direction is moving, leaving being a time-clone. Up to 3 time-clones can be summoned.

Energy cost: 50

*Time clones are Paradox warframe specters (Rank 3 when Rank 30) – they will wield the weapon Paradox was using when summoned. Upon death (in addition to passive) the specters will explode causing magnetic/radiation damage to nearby enemies.

This is great, but i feel like it needs to be a constant pulse with a duration by default. Remember, in the late game, shields will not save you. Timeslip is fairly basic and there's not much to be OP or weak.

Time Distortion - sacrifices a time-clone to reverberate through the dimensions for a short period of time. This ability will reduce incoming damage from projectiles. Every time-clone destroyed will refresh duration, if still active.

Strength: 20/25/30/35% damage reduction per shattered time-clone. (max 3 counters)

*time-clones destroyed this way will not restore energy, but will explode causing mag/rad dmg.

This is, fundamentally, quite a reach. The logic behind how it works is kinda shaky, what with the vague terminology (reverberate though the dimensions) but the concept is good. If you're sacrificing a clone, the energy cost should not be that high. Maybe 35 or 40.

Retcon is a fairly balanced skill that maybe just needs a little more duration perhaps 10 seconds? But this is honestly a choice that can be made.

Overall, a great concept that is neither woefully underpowered, or ridiculously overpowered (as tends to be my expertise)

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

Review time:

passive; you say innate quick thinking; which is good BUT at what efficiency; 240% like quick thinking, more or less. Personally i would say the same value if not a little lower than quick thinking so people.

Personally i feel the 1st and 2nd abilities should switch as the clones are very important to survivability, so;

1st Timeslip; just reduce the energy cost to 25 as it's now a first ability. Also; not direction moving but direction facing; i should be able to dash forward even if i'm strafing right or left.

2nd Repeat; good in concept however it will be an absolute pain to implement in game; trust me i tried to do something similar in unity and ultimately it was not pretty (code wise).

3rd Time Distortion; you may want to reduce the energy cost; cause you're going to need to cast it 3 times for max stacks and even at 1000 energy that's still 225 energy, nearly a quarter of it.

4th Retcon; Very good healing ability, however, that 'can cast abilities for 0 energy' is a bit busted; even if it's for 5 seconds; maybe lower it to just next ability cast for everyone but you or for you except your 4th.

Overall, a very interesting type of healer/survivor, however, there is a significant lack of damage or CC; the exploding clones probably won't do much damage as it's rad/mag focused, maybe guarantee both status procs on enemies hit or provide some debuff on the enemies that survive would help.

Also, it seems zenurik is going to be mandatory when using this frame, along with arcane energize, 2 of em, if you plan on going into high level missions.

• Like 1

so, with primed flow and steel fiber the ehp is is 16381. Comparing to most frames with high innate ehp potentials that usually allot 2 slots to ehp and considering most also use flow not for ehp this would allow the frame to add redirection and still be comparable. With redirection, steel fiber, and primed flow, the ehp is 18141.

I wouldnt really consider this a challenge if allowed to use qt as a passive as it simply shifts the frames survivability from one resource type to another. None the less as someone who strongly advocates for a shield based frame to compete with the likes of inaros and nidus, an energy based frame would be more than welcomed imo.

edit: im actually not a fan of the rest of the kit, I think youre wasting a lot of thematic space for what would be "the energy based frame" Id probably like it better as an energy/matter conversion frame or anything related more to energy rather than time.

Edited by JarodDempsey

thanks for all the comments

I went ahead and made the following changes to Paradox.

+++++

11/4/2018

+added bold to timeslip

+ time-clones – remove stat procs, add short stun upon explosion

+ time-slip – move to first ability slot – lower energy cost to 25

+ time slip- added effect, when time slip creates a new clone past the 3 clone limit, the oldest clone will implode.

+ time-clones language added older clones are sacrifice first before new ones.

+ add 5 sec time clone cooldown

+ distort – add increases evasion; increase survivability so chances of enemies landing a direct hit are lowered.

+ distort – reduce energy cost 30 energy but scales per clone charge gained. 2 charges = 45 energy. Full charge = 60 energy.

+ recon – change 0 energy effect increases energy efficiency by 20/25/30/35%.

+ rename recon to singularity

+ change repeat to time fissure

++++++

At this time I have no idea what visual design to provide Paradox. Thoughts?? 

I added a design concept for Paradox. I want to give Paradox a more middle eastern influence as it is renown as the birthplace of more complex math, which is what i think about when i think time travel or alternate dimensions. ( also I was trying to avoid clocks or clockwork motif).

5 hours ago, nosharknearby said:

Interessting idea, but what about poison procs i mean you would be instantaniously dead ... I see that you have abbillities to prevent that but if you do run out of energy because of some leech guys you are pretty much screwed

I think procs will drain against energy with quick thinking (i would need to go back to verify) but I agree, leeches would be the massive downside to a frame with only one health unless I make paradox immune to enemy aura effects but then she would be massively OP. hmmmm, thoughts?

How about an augment mod called phase shift which would make her immune to leech affects only?  i also thought about a couple more mods the first being convergence which would increase her time clone limit by 2 or 3.  the second being second chances which would increase the range and the time time fissure loops.

Edited by (XB1)WaterJewel94694
  • Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎07 at 1:59 PM, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

How about an augment mod called phase shift which would make her immune to leech affects only?  i also thought about a couple more mods the first being convergence which would increase her time clone limit by 2 or 3.  the second being second chances which would increase the range and the time time fissure loops.

I like the idea of having a mod that has paradox immune to leech, but I feel it would be to powerful. How about at the cost of either 50% dmg reduction/evasion Paradox gains immunity to enemies auras and status effects(ie damage over time effects - just straight damage) or ... at the cost of shields. Thoughts?

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

9 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

I like the idea of having a mod that has paradox immune to leech, but I feel it would be to powerful. How about at the cost of either 50% dmg reduction/evasion Paradox gains immunity to enemies auras and status effects(ie damage over time effects - just straight damage) or ... at the cost shields. Thoughts?

It could work like that too but i guess it would be better to reduce armor/shield and energy/movement speed so it gives another difficulty to adapt to.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎13 at 4:28 PM, (XB1)WaterJewel94694 said:

It could work like that too but i guess it would be better to reduce armor/shield and energy/movement speed so it gives another difficulty to adapt to.

I agree, but I feel simply sacrificing all your shields will be hard enough on top of managing your energy efficiently.

Mods aside - I feel paradox is in a good place but I am still open to suggestion here.

• 2 weeks later...

Possible Ability update...

So I have been considering an update to one of paradox’s abilities to replace Time Fissure and drop it down to the number 2 slot. one reason is I feel there is a lot versatility felt in Paradox. I may even switch paradox's time theme to an arcane theme. Let me know what you think.

Quantum bullet - Cycle ability – fires at a single-target with quantum harvested from a shattered time-clone.

Cycle 1: Deja vu –enemies that receive damage while under the effects of déjà vu – will repeat damage received every other sec until end of duration or death (including reapplying stats effects)

Cycle 2: Better times – under this effect, allies are healed when taking damage by enemies.

Cycle3: Fissure – enemies hit with this effect will collapse into mini-cataclysms (approx. 5m – 10m). These work in same manner as Limbo’s Cataclysms (these Cataclysms are affected by Limbo’s Stasis & Surge abilities).

Cycle 4: Polymorph – enemies hit with this effect will transform into a random companion ally: kubrow, kavat, etc.

Duration: 8/10/12/15s

Range: 10/12/18/20m

Well what do you know baruuk's second ability elude was exactly what i was thinking for time distortion. I guess I better think of another ability. Whomp whomp.

Actually I have been comptempating updating paradox with a proper health stat version, probably no more than 50 or 25 health. Only cause I feel there is too many issues trying to balance a no health frame.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

4 hours ago, JesterKnockOut said:

I like your idea. This warframe cloud be fun to play same as I had similar idea with clone ability but I guess you were faster.

Good job.

Thanks.

Stay tuned. I'm going to be releasing a 2nd version ( a 50 hp version) with an updated passive and a new ability as time distort is now too close to baruuk's elude. 😕

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

16 minutes ago, JesterKnockOut said:

I have crated my own warframe version if u want see but I always was thinking about warframe that could have small health but a lot of shields.

This warframe could be hard for beginner but not for experience players and this is what I like.

For sure, that was my intent but 1 health would cause I let of balance issues that would need to be addressed. So I'm thinking about upping it to 50 (maybe 25).

Yeah link a post, would love to see your ideas.