Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrows Thurible

Grimmstyler

Ill say [Warding Thurible] is a waste of a mod spot if you quick charge with [Natural Talent]

Then ill go so far to say that you should be able to press 1 (Condemn) during the charge of 3 (Thurible) for crowd control (maybe at 1/2 cost?).. Or Thurible should have a radial heat (Holy Water), Smoke/Stun or knockback proc as its charging. Im even dissatisfied when im charging Thurible and taking damage, without a way to defend myself, and tempted to cut charging off before i hit that sweet number spot. Trinity is press 2 and go.. Ill do Hieracon Pluto and just watch Infested destroy the Excavator while im waiting on Thurible to charge without [Natural Talent].. But at least i take [Sancti Magistar] until the levels get high. 

Edited by Grimmstyler

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i hope you realize that Warding Thurible is massively more effective than Natural Talent is.
pick either a moderate effect that affects your other Abilities too, or a very strong effect for just Thurible.

Well his 1 is good enough CC and Harrows pretty much dependent on it.. Then 3 is like telling the enemy "i got something for ya". Then 2 just annihilates.. Then from the energy return of Thurible repeat the process.. 

But using 3 with [Warding Thurible] Infested just walk right past me and straight to the Excavator even if i step into thier path..

[Warding Thurible] does seem useful in a team aspect being that allies contribute to Thurible charge (as long as theyre taking damage) and the damage reduction. I dunno maybe its just a playstyle ive learned with Harrow.. Being that Infested will just run past me while charging Thurible, I find [Natural Talent] faster and more reliable. Im unsure about ranged enemies.. Ranged enemies might just target the Defense Target as well.. And being that they target the Defense Target and im charging Thurible.. Im wasting my energy and watching them kill the Defense Target with no way of Defense.

Edited by Grimmstyler

5 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

But using 3 with [Warding Thurible] Infested just walk right past me and straight to the Excavator even if i step into thier path..

[Warding Thurible] does seem useful in a team aspect being that allies contribute to Thurible charge (as long as theyre taking damage) and the damage reduction. I dunno maybe its just a playstyle ive learned with Harrow.. Being that Infested will just run past me while charging Thurible, I find [Natural Talent] faster and more reliable. Im unsure about ranged enemies.. Ranged enemies might just target the defense target as well..

sure, but the Augment allows Thurible to Charge kinda dumb fast as long as you or others are taking Damage. that's the main thing it allows, is charging it super fast.

obviously pretty much everyone wishes Thurible could bonk Enemies while you're Charging it, but that's besides from the Augment, hehe.

11 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Ill say [Warding Thurible] is a waste of a mod spot if you quick charge with [Natural Talent]

Warding Thurible gives your team damage resistance while it's active and causes it to build charge faster based on damage received by you and your teammates. It is much more effective than Natural Talent.

It gives you the ability to quickly charge it while in combat rather than before things get heavy. It's only an issue if you run off to do things on your own outside of the range of your team (which you shouldn't be doing as a support frame anyway).

1 hour ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Warding Thurible gives your team damage resistance while it's active and causes it to build charge faster based on damage received by you and your teammates. It is much more effective than Natural Talent.

It gives you the ability to quickly charge it while in combat rather than before things get heavy. It's only an issue if you run off to do things on your own outside of the range of your team (which you shouldn't be doing as a support frame anyway).

12 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Well his 1 is good enough CC and Harrows pretty much dependent on it.. Then 3 is like telling the enemy "i got something for ya". Then 2 just annihilates.. Then from the energy return of Thurible repeat the process.. 

[Warding Thurible] does seem useful in a team aspect being that allies contribute to Thurible charge (as long as theyre taking damage) and the damage reduction. I dunno maybe its just a playstyle ive learned with Harrow.. Being that Infested will just run past me while charging Thurible, I find [Natural Talent] faster and more reliable. Im unsure about ranged enemies.. Ranged enemies might just target the Defense Target as well.. And being that they target the Defense Target and im charging Thurible.. Im wasting my energy and watching them kill the Defense Target with no way of Defense.

12 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Then ill go so far to say that you should be able to press 1 (Condemn) during the charge of 3 (Thurible) for crowd control (maybe at 1/2 cost?).. Or Thurible should have a radial heat (Holy Water), Smoke/Stun or knockback proc as its charging. Im even dissatisfied when im charging Thurible and taking damage, without a way to defend myself, and tempted to cut charging off before i hit that sweet number spot. Trinity is press 2 and go.. Ill do Hieracon Pluto and just watch Infested destroy the Excavator while im waiting on Thurible to charge without [Natural Talent].. But at least i take [Sancti Magistar] until the levels get high. 

Lets put in perspective that other things can happen as well. Like your DPS Sucks.. DPS dies.. Allies go invisible but the defense target is taking damage. And Harrow is just AFK charging Thurible saying "Oh im a support Frame, im doing what im suppose too." or "I wish there was something i could do. But i can't because im charging Thurible."

Meanwhile, [Natural Talent] speeds up charge rate for Harrow, so he can get back to freezing enemies in thier tracks (condemning pressing 1). Then even 1 could argue why not just use Covenant (power 4) and get Invulnerability + critical chance while your charging Thurible? No need for [Warding Thurible].

Or with a different pick. Trinity is Eving with [Vampire Leech] granting overshields and laying down 75% damage reduction + instant Shield+Health restore. With the freedom of movement using weapons.

Im just saying Thurible is too restricting when it comes to charging and having to defend yourself or a Defense Target. Yea the damage reduction and + energy buff is nice, but the charging aninimation is not instant like Trinity..And Harrow has no defenses while charging for a Defense Target. 

Edited by Grimmstyler

Mobility. You still have it when charging. That is how you can solve defending yourself.

In terms of defending the target, that is what allies are for. You support them whenever possible, and they protect you in return when charging Thurible, and if you know you will have to charge Thurible during combat then Warding Thurible is the best option as it will supplement the charge rate and decrease damage taken by yourself and allies. It's a win-win.

For what Thurible can provide, it makes sense it has a longer and more drawn out casting time compared to Energy Vampire.

On 2018-11-01 at 7:15 PM, (XB1)RPColten said:

Mobility. You still have it when charging. That is how you can solve defending yourself.

In terms of defending the target, that is what allies are for. You support them whenever possible, and they protect you in return when charging Thurible, and if you know you will have to charge Thurible during combat then Warding Thurible is the best option as it will supplement the charge rate and decrease damage taken by yourself and allies. It's a win-win.

For what Thurible can provide, it makes sense it has a longer and more drawn out casting time compared to Energy Vampire.

You know, again.. If you have no allies then [Warding Thurible] becomes less useful.. Then your better off with [Natural Talent].. I mean the only reason to have [Warding Thurible] on your build is for weak DPS allies. But why not just use Covenant (power 4) and get Crit bonus? Like i said its just a waste of mod slot on a build.. Covenant and [Warding Thurible] are basically the same thing for incoming damage control.

But then again.. When your by yourself and charging Thurible you cant defend a Defense Target. And again.. If you have no allies then [Warding Thurible] becomes less useful and Thurible charges slower.. Why even include it in your build? Why waste a mod slot on a build if [Natural Talent] is just as good and charges faster so you can get back to defending? 

It would be much better if Harrow's Thurible had an additional effect like radial fire damage for crowd control.. Specifically for a defense target due to the time it takes to charge. Like i said Trinitys abilities are more instant, provide just as good buffs and you can use weapons to defend. 

Then even on top of that Harrow should be able to cast any of his other abilities during charging of Thurible. If anything Thurible should pause charging during another ability cast. 

Lets think about Harrow as a support frame..

Ability 1 is good CC.. Harrow's dependant on it for Overshields + casting 2 (Crowd Control + Harrow Dependant)

Ability 2 is self focused to only Harrow for fire rate + reload, but it does heal allies (DPS/Heal ability)

Ability 3 is great for energy support + to teammates, but your defenseless (Energy Support)

Abilitu 4 gives Invulnerability and + Crit Chance (DPS/Invulnerable savoir)

Harrow is a balance between DPS and Support. But getting energy from Thurible is heavily taxing. Then people try to justify [Warding Thurible] because if.. I said if you take damage and enemies dont target a defense target, Thurible has better results.

I guess it all comes down to playstyle really.. I dont think id want to get in a habit of intentionally taking damage with the possibility of become dying lol.. I guess its all too finnicky to me. I find Trinity more useful being that Thurible is defenseless. Then even from a support perspective Trinity has better Energy + Health returns and can possibly provide Overshields.. Sanctuary Onslaught will show you that.

Edited by Grimmstyler